Author Topic: Denver wants to sign Gallo to an extension  (Read 3309 times)

Denver wants to sign Gallo to an extension
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:19:52 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
According to the Denver post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_28494437/danilo-gallinari-targeted-extension-by-nuggets

Which I'm glad because I wouldn't want any part of him and his injury prone past.. Call me what you want I would rather hold on to PJ3 and give him the fresh start his career needs. let's hope he signs that extension

Re: Denver wants to sign Gallo to an extension
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 06:21:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Strange what Denver is doing signing Chandler and now perhaps Gallinari to an extension.  Seems like they can't decide if they're going to rebuild or not.

(Hrm . . . sounds familiar . . . .)

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead and trade one or both of Chandler and Gallo not long after extending them.  They might be thinking that if they can extend those guys they'll have greater trade value down the road than if they tried to get something for them when they're expiring contracts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 06:24:33 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
I would much rather go after Wilson Chandler than Gallo if that's the case

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 06:32:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Hurray

Good for Denver !

Do it. ....Do it ..now !

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 06:40:53 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Strange what Denver is doing signing Chandler and now perhaps Gallinari to an extension.  Seems like they can't decide if they're going to rebuild or not.

(Hrm . . . sounds familiar . . . .)

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead and trade one or both of Chandler and Gallo not long after extending them.  They might be thinking that if they can extend those guys they'll have greater trade value down the road than if they tried to get something for them when they're expiring contracts.

Can't trade for 6 months after extending, so you'll have to wait awhile.  I'd be surprised if Gallo went along with an extension after the way Denver botched his knee.  Furthermore, because of this I expect him to be traded.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Leverage. The Bulpett article came across as "The Cs are interested but not really..." And this article sounds like, " Don't act like we won't keep him!" to me.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 07:26:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Can't trade for 6 months after extending, so you'll have to wait awhile.

Yeah, I'm thinking the trade deadline or this time next year.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 08:45:00 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Oh well, if thats true it wasn't meant to be, at least now..

But then again it could just be a smoke screen by Denver to pressure interested parties.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 08:52:43 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Two angles to this.

1) Interest in trading him because he's expiring, but they prefer to keep him so extend him.

2) No one wants to trade for his expiring, but maybe have shown interest in trading for him if he's on a longer contract (depending on $$$).

There are probably more, but those are the obvious ones that come to mind without giving it too much thought.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 09:34:27 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Leverage. The Bulpett article came across as "The Cs are interested but not really..." And this article sounds like, " Don't act like we won't keep him!" to me.
Didn't read but thought that lol. Denver wants to move Lawson and Gali. They don't care if it's for rebuild pieces or better chemistry players. It is very obvious which is why all they get are low ball offers.

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 09:46:17 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
Two angles to this.

1) Interest in trading him because he's expiring, but they prefer to keep him so extend him.

2) No one wants to trade for his expiring, but maybe have shown interest in trading for him if he's on a longer contract (depending on $$$).

There are probably more, but those are the obvious ones that come to mind without giving it too much thought.

Danny would very much like to trade for him on an expiring contract. He'd have an expiring starting SF, PF, and C, so if a player came available to us (via trade or free agency) he could let go of whatever one of Gallo, Lee, or Johnson played the same position and resign the other two and maintain a really solid starting lineup, or he could just let them all go and have a ton of money. Maximum flexibility

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 09:48:02 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
Didn't read but thought that lol. Denver wants to move Lawson and Gali. They don't care if it's for rebuild pieces or better chemistry players. It is very obvious which is why all they get are low ball offers.

I hadn't either before I wrote that post, when I read it, gave myself a pat on the back. It reads like he just printed his resume for a potential employer.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Look like a desperate attempt to get better value in trades.
If they extend him, that's good news for our Nets pick.

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 11:13:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah, I see it as an attempt to get more but they do not have a very good poker face.

Say we got Lawson and Gallo, who would we get rid of, Sully is a no brainer, who else Bradley? 

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Look like a desperate attempt to get better value in trades.
If they extend him, that's good news for our Nets pick.
what does he have to do with the Nets pick?