Author Topic: 16, 28, 33 for 9th pick: would you make the trade now?  (Read 14294 times)

Re: 16, 28, 33 for 9th pick: would you make the trade now?
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
As of right this minute, probably yes.  Winslow and Smart as a back court of the future would have been fun to watch.  I do agree with another poster though, Stanley Johnson would have been even better, as we get the scoring SF that is needed and you keep Smart, Thomas, Bradley, Young as your guard rotation.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2015, 12:25:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As of right this minute, probably yes.  Winslow and Smart as a back court of the future would have been fun to watch.  I do agree with another poster though, Stanley Johnson would have been even better, as we get the scoring SF that is needed and you keep Smart, Thomas, Bradley, Young as your guard rotation.

Well we could not get Johnson anyways. He was gone at 8.

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2015, 12:38:44 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I wonder if Winslow will have trouble getting his shot off against NBA competition.  I haven't checked his standing reach or anything but he seems to have the KO complex with short arms.

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2015, 12:39:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Yeah, as much as Rozier, Hunter, and Mickey have impressed us in summer league, I'd still make that trade for Winslow. I envision Winslow as a big 2, and he and Smart could be the best backcourt in the NBA in a couple of years with tons of size. However, if we had to add anything else, i.e. a Brooklyn pick, then no way.

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
While Winslow has looked really bad in summer league, you kind of have to take the risk still, too much potential. It would be tough to say goodbye to Terry, RJ, and Mickey though, I'm already getting attached to these guys.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wonder if Winslow will have trouble getting his shot off against NBA competition.  I haven't checked his standing reach or anything but he seems to have the KO complex with short arms.

He doesnt have short arms.

He is not an explosive leaper though.  Not above rim unless he has a head start

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would have for Turner but not Winslow.

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I still do that trade
Even though I've liked what I've seen from our rookies and surprised at their production
Esp rozier that dude is fast

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2015, 08:13:08 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I would have for Turner but not Winslow.

My sentiments, exactly.

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

He doesnt have short arms.

He is not an explosive leaper though.  Not above rim unless he has a head start

I don't understand why people think this. Have you seen the gif of his transition block where he literally jumps over someone?

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2015, 08:34:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
I wonder if Winslow does not have bad ankles after watching summer league and the NCAA.

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2015, 09:12:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Edit, wrong thread.

Editing my edit: While it's clear that far more than 16, 28, and 33 were offered for #9, I'd definitely still do it for Winslow.  I like all the players we've selected.  But we've already got a full roster, and none of those three play the position we have the greatest need at, which just happens to be the position Winslow does play.  Could one of our three picks be a better pro than Winslow?  Sure.  But figuring out which one can take the playing time and roster spaces we just don't have, especially with double the picks coming next year.  So I'd have gladly traded those three picks for Winslow and banked on him becoming the player Ainge thinks he can become.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:18:29 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2015, 12:51:13 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
  I think Winslow is wildly overhyped.  He lasted till the 10th pick for a reason. Chad Ford is a clown, I dont take that guy serious.  Had Winslow been on a team like Arizona last year he'd of been exposed. He's more of a glue guy, Nicolas Batum type of player.  I don't see potential star in him at all.

to be fair, just because you slipped, doesn't mean you are overhyped or what not...

Kobe and Paul George are drafted > 10
Noel whom a lot of people on this forum are crazy about was drafted at 9

I think one reason why Winslow slipped is because everyone drafted before Winslow were  either centers or guards. (correct me if I am wrong)

Stanley Johnson (wing) and Mario Hezonja(wing) were both drafted ahead of Justice Winslow.  So he was the 3rd wing taken in the draft.

I really liked Winslow, but when you also throw in the future Nets 1st round pick and another 2nd round pick, on top of those 3 picks,  I think that's way too much to give up.  And in any case MJ, being MJ, turned down the draft bounty.  So by being stupid, the Bobcats saved us from ourselves?  I feel DA just got caught up in trading fever and also liked Winslow a lot but was glad that he was turned down in the end.

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Stanley Johnson (wing) and Mario Hezonja(wing) were both drafted ahead of Justice Winslow.  So he was the 3rd wing taken in the draft.

Performance wise they have been a head of him in summer league.

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Edit, wrong thread.

Editing my edit: While it's clear that far more than 16, 28, and 33 were offered for #9, I'd definitely still do it for Winslow.  I like all the players we've selected.  But we've already got a full roster, and none of those three play the position we have the greatest need at, which just happens to be the position Winslow does play.  Could one of our three picks be a better pro than Winslow?  Sure.  But figuring out which one can take the playing time and roster spaces we just don't have, especially with double the picks coming next year.  So I'd have gladly traded those three picks for Winslow and banked on him becoming the player Ainge thinks he can become.

I might consider it for Turner, but not Winslow.