Author Topic: The naked old guy at the gym  (Read 19311 times)

Re: The naked old guy at the gym
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2015, 10:09:39 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
OMG I'm throwing around TP's like candy at Halloween hahaha.

I live about 20 minutes from the gym and have a very flexible schedule and have never taken a shower at the gym or any gym for that matter. But I;ve been going to the same gym for 5 years and I see this all the time.

There is this one guy forget how old he is but it's upper 80's so I give the guy major props just for going to the gym (he's twice my age). He's the type of guy I could run down to the local store and buy a beer and come home with it before he made if from the couch to the fridge and back. He is s..l..o...w.... . This guy camps out in the locker room naked for an hour every time I see him. God my eyes are starting to burn just thinking about it, it's like going to a nude beach and the only thing there is old fat men. ;D

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2015, 10:27:16 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I looked up at the top of the thread and saw "The naked old guy at the gym  (Read 945 times)" and it made me smile.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2015, 10:45:29 AM »

Offline kheldar52077

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
When you reach 60 with arthritis you'll realize putting on your thighty whities is too much of a chore than benchpressing   ;D

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2015, 10:48:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have a theory? It's kind of ironic that the older more conservative folks are more open than the younger people when it comes to this. It doesn't bother me, I just find it kind of odd. I'm humored by it, actually. Maybe there is a naked old guy here on the forum that could provide me some insight? Were guys made fun of back in the day for toweling up after gym class or in the military? Like, "What are you hiding something" etc. etc. type ball busting?

Young people worry a lot more about appearance.   They are consumed with the desire a lot of the time to look like other members of the herd too.

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2015, 11:13:28 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, what's worse...

See a bunch of old fellow gym members with nothing on and be surrounded. Or be next to one, and he has to bend over to wipe his legs, full mooning you?

(Hi mods, please delete if the post is inappropriate)
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2015, 11:35:52 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've definitely noticed this at my gym.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2015, 11:45:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
So, what's worse...

See a bunch of old fellow gym members with nothing on and be surrounded. Or be next to one, and he has to bend over to wipe his legs, full mooning you?

Surrrre....hee hee .....you know you love those old men full moons .....LOL. ....

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2015, 12:18:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
So, what's worse...

Surrrre....hee hee .....you know you love those old men full moons .....LOL. ....
oh sure, another wisecrack ;)

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2015, 02:02:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
So, what's worse...

Whelp........

Just returned from the gym

No gross naked old men .  ( thank god)

But.......I saw a few females I wouldn't complain about seeing naked .  ;D

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Better to watch naked women
I wonder if women's locker rooms have similar phenomenons.

I'm headed over to the gym in a few minutes

I'll check it out and get back to ya.

My next post ....

Will be from the police station .
;D

They let you have cell phones in jail now? ;D TP for the laugh, btw ;D.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:21:09 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2015, 07:13:49 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Walking around buck naked at the gym seems to be a generational thing. Older guys seem to have no problem shrugging off the towel and going about their business in their birthday suit, while the younger generations shave in front of the mirror or walk from the shower to the locker area with a towel around their waist.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have a theory? It's kind of ironic that the older more conservative folks are more open than the younger people when it comes to this. It doesn't bother me, I just find it kind of odd. I'm humored by it, actually. Maybe there is a naked old guy here on the forum that could provide me some insight? Were guys made fun of back in the day for toweling up after gym class or in the military? Like, "What are you hiding something" etc. etc. type ball busting?

Let me take my clothes off then I'll get back to you,  lol.

The worst is when they dry themselves right in front of you and decide to have a convo.  And I mean they're drying everything! :P

I think this is appropriate here ;D -

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Great topic!

Quick story, my father in law goes to the same gym as I do but were never there at the same time. One day we were though and I ran into him in the locker room. While were in the middle of a conversation about the Red Sox or something stupid like that he gets completely naked and continues the conversation. Keeping my eyes up, I indicated that I had to run. So he goes, oh... no shower? The showers in that gym are open. He was thinking we were going to continue the conversation completely naked in the shower.

Like all of a sudden its cool to be buck naked 3 feet in front of me after years of dating and being married to his daughter. And were not THAT close.

But I could tell he was not uncomfortable at all. I could also tell that he and his gym buddies probably have at least one naked shower conversation a day in the gym. Its not weird to his generation while to someone my age, this could not be more uncomfortable.

I now go out of my way to go to a different gym branch.

;D

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2015, 07:36:24 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
So, what's worse...

Nice!!!!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2015, 08:01:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Better to watch naked women
I wonder if women's locker rooms have similar phenomenons.

I'm headed over to the gym in a few minutes

I'll check it out and get back to ya.

My next post ....

Will be from the police station .
;D

They let you have cell phones in jail now? ;D TP for the laugh, btw ;D.

Well ....well...it's about time .....I wondered what was taking you so long  ...... :)

I 've had to use best behavior /restraint in my posts ....... ;D

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2015, 08:57:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sooooo...we're still talking about this ...wow