Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT  (Read 102070 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
With Shabazz headed to the Magic for nothing let's agree M Chalmers is more valuable today than he was yesterday.

Want a 2016 2nd rounder

« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2015, 05:51:51 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
With Shabazz headed to the Magic for nothing let's agree M Chalmers is more valuable today than he was yesterday.

Want a 2016 2nd rounder

If player x's value "increases" because his team gave away player y, who was in front of him on the depth chart, does player x have any value?

Sort of seems like both players are worthless.

« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2015, 07:48:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We could create dozens of individual threads on yahoo and hope that every single rule gets voted on by every single gm, but that's an unrealistic expectation. The yahoo threads are muddled and confusing.

FWIW, the h2h league held a "constitutional convention" last summer (in a single thread) where we did just this -- discuss all sorts of different possible changes. The debate was useful, on point, and at times at odds. But folks did the work and no one dominated the conversation. The "positions", when there was a difference, were clear after 1 post usually. No need for 8,402 word replies.

They were each then given a single "thread" for voting once we got to Yahoo! All but 1 of the six votes got (IIRC) 18 or 19 votes.

So it's not unrealistic. In fact I know with some self-restraint, discipline and a little togetherness that we could do that here.

All that said, this process needs to be led by the commissioner, Byennie, and no on else.
Cool.  I've been here two years and there's been three instances where I've brought up the same exact rule amendment suggestion (regarding 75 missed game rule) and each time a couple people weigh in, the post gets buried and nothing ever comes of it.   I expect more of the same, but it's fine because our rules are pretty tight as-is.

But if ya'll want to have a proper vote on a collection of rule suggestions, you need to find a better method than a yahoo thread.  It hasn't worked at any point since I've been involved in this league. 

Fwiw, I believe the DKC just does everything within surveymonkey.com.   That's a viable option.  Again, any method to collect all 20+ rule suggestions on one large survey with clearly defined pros/cons and then make the "survey"/"ballot" mandatory for all members would ensure that each suggestion large and small gets addressed.   

I'm sorry if my out of context comment about helping "build the voting system" triggered anyone.  That wasn't my intention.   I was suggesting that I could help build a webform that feeds into a spreadsheet and then give the viewing/editing rights to byennie.   But now that I look into it, surveymonkey probably will be a better/easier option.   

« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2015, 08:26:01 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Hi folks,

Please check out the new dedicated threads for the offseason. I ask that everyone please use them for their intended purposes. CelticsBlog rules of conduct apply to all of them, but specifically I would like to keep them on-topic.

General discussion can remain here, for those that want an open-ended thread.

1) Trade Forum
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=80113

2) Official Transactions / Announcements
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=80111

3) Rules Discussion
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=80112

On voting options, let's take it over to the Rules Discussion thread =).

See the Official Transactions thread for recently executed trades, and please do review your roster on the offseason tracker.

Cheers,
Brian

« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Thanks Brian, this is great! I have a good feeling about the rest of our offseason league discussions and coming season going forward.

« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Want a 2016 2nd rounder

If player x's value "increases" because his team gave away player y, who was in front of him on the depth chart, does player x have any value?

Sort of seems like both players are worthless.
yeah definitely. If more minutes will need to be played by a player that player gets more valuable. Definitely. By the same token it also works in reverse. P Bev. He was a starter. Was valuable. Ty Lawson got traded to the Rockets. Now he's less valuable. If Ty Lawson were to be arrested yet again, and then cut....P Bev becomes more valuable again. Definitely

« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2015, 08:11:56 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
All he trade talks has died down
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2015, 12:51:44 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
that way someone who doesn't necessarily read every single forum post and doesn't have a ton of time (like Bada bing for instance)
I (unfortunately quite a few times over the past couple of years) do read every post. And while we are in season I visit my Yahoo page at least daily. I am a little behind and catching up as we speak but that is not the norm.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2015, 06:05:21 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
MMSB has some roster trimming to do.  Please hit me up with your 1 for 3 offers!  ALso open to landing a decent draft pick.  Nobody is untouchable!
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2015, 09:13:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
As I look up from a sip of my wine I pause the Mr. Magoo cartoon and announce....paperwork has been filed.....M Chalmers is off the table.

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2015, 10:03:02 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
As I look up from a sip of my wine I pause the Mr. Magoo cartoon and announce....paperwork has been filed.....M Chalmers is off the table.

TP for Mr. Magoo.... used to love watching that with my folks as a kid!!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2015, 09:54:47 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
SO when is our draft?  Seems like there hasn't been much activity here for the points league...?  Whats going on?
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2015, 10:12:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
It looks to me like the last time we did this on Oct 14th or so

« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
It looks to me like the last time we did this on Oct 14th or so

Maybe a week or 2 sooner would make sense this year? the season starts 2 weeks later, so it's not much time for post-draft wheeling and dealing (which might not be the biggest problem).

From experience I'd give the cutdown period and setting up rosters on Yahoo! a week just to avoid problems and allow for a waiver period (or 2) before the first game....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:16:02 AM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Question: When drafting, can we draft Euros who are technical 'rookies' but who weren't drafted in the NBA this season?

Like Sasha Kaun, or Marcelo Huertas. Or, are they waiver-wire-fodder?

2nd question: Where can I find waiver wire order?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner