Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT  (Read 101619 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2015, 04:21:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I would not have wanted to be explaining myself to the mods on THAt thread.

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I would not have wanted to be explaining myself to the mods on THAt thread.

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
any progress on a new GM?

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
There were a few CB members who created a thread last month actively looking to join fantasy leagues.

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I've got a guy that wants to join as I mentioned earlier this offseason as well as during the season as a replacement for fitz
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I agree with the earlier suggestion that we keep it to members of celticsblog.   I have a friend who would love to join too, but can you imagine the reaction if he took over and traded me john wall?  Even if it was the best offer he got, it wouldn't go over well.

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2015, 03:59:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I agree with the earlier suggestion that we keep it to members of celticsblog.   I have a friend who would love to join too, but can you imagine the reaction if he took over and traded me john wall?  Even if it was the best offer he got, it wouldn't go over well.
Yes. I can imagine. It's not a pleasant thing to imagine.

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2015, 04:00:05 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
The decision is obvs byennie's and I'm sure he'll make it when he's ready (prob in the lead up to the draft).

I think It was clear from his earlier comments that byennie was in favor of letting things settle down after the previous nonsense.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

If it will be an issue.  I won't trade with him.  Though we had people I'm pretty sure we're colluding last year with members on Celtics blog

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2015, 05:25:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I have heard from BFM who has a fair point that he should not have been kicked out of celticsblog or the PTS league when his infractions were lesser than or equal to others involved. He has not voluntarily left the league and does not understand why he has to be removed. He was told he cannot be part of the PTS league if he is banned from celticsblog, YET, Pittsburgh Pisces has been, and still is, a big part of the PTS league and refused to join celticsblog, so there is some clear bias/hypocracy going on here.

I am in favor of holding off from deciding on a replacement GM until this issue is explained and resolved fully. BFM was not even close to the main cause of the troubles that resulted in this action. Reportedly Byennie was intimidated into kicking BFM out by a forum moderator who has a personal history with BFM and was likely glad to get rid of him. However, forum moderators who are not part of the league should not tell us how to run our league.

We need an explanation of the following:

1) Why was BFM kicked out the league with no warning, while other offenders of equal or greater level, with their own past history of being warned, were not?

2) The supposed rule that have to be a member of celticsblog to be part of the PTS league, this was never a rule in the constitution, and was never voted on by any of us. IF we assume this rule is valid, then we have to kick out Pitt or have him join celticsblog.

Instead of glossing over this latest issue, which only reflects an ongoing pattern of a number of GMs here and external people, we have to come to terms with the fact that we are at a critical juncture of this league, and have to set some clear rules about this issue going forward, that are EQUALLY applied to all participants. The fact is, BFM made some disgusting posts and personal messages, but a number of other GMs have also repeatedly done the same thing in these forums and in the Yahoo forums , which originally caused the former commish to mentally check out and then quit. If we don't admit this , and address it fully, this league will be over soon. Selectively throwing one GM under the bus and calling it a day doesnt equal a solution.

No disrespect to the commish, but rules have to follow the league constitution, which we all vote and approve. Any ammendments of any sort have to be proposed and voted on 1 year in advance before they can be put into action. This is why I think we need a clear explanation of these actions, so that we can propose and set new rules in the future on treating each other with respect, and being active in the league, as requirements for staying in the league. Once this is set, we can set clear consequences for all members who violate these rules.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:39:21 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2015, 06:46:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
MMSb's 2016 2nd is available

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2015, 06:55:52 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
MMSb's 2016 2nd is available

Appropriate

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
#39 pick is available for a 2016 2nd.

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2015, 08:06:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I have heard from BFM who has a fair point that he should not have been kicked out of celticsblog or the PTS league when his infractions were lesser than or equal to others involved. He has not voluntarily left the league and does not understand why he has to be removed. He was told he cannot be part of the PTS league if he is banned from celticsblog, YET, Pittsburgh Pisces has been, and still is, a big part of the PTS league and refused to join celticsblog, so there is some clear bias/hypocracy going on here.

I am in favor of holding off from deciding on a replacement GM until this issue is explained and resolved fully. BFM was not even close to the main cause of the troubles that resulted in this action. Reportedly Byennie was intimidated into kicking BFM out by a forum moderator who has a personal history with BFM and was likely glad to get rid of him. However, forum moderators who are not part of the league should not tell us how to run our league.

1) Why was BFM kicked out the league with no warning, while other offenders of equal or greater level, with their own past history of being warned, were not?

2) The supposed rule that have to be a member of celticsblog to be part of the PTS league, this was never a rule in the constitution, and was never voted on by any of us. IF we assume this rule is valid, then we have to kick out Pitt or have him join celticsblog.

Instead of glossing over this latest issue, which only reflects an ongoing pattern of a number of GMs here and external people, we have to come to terms with the fact that we are at a critical juncture of this league, and have to set some clear rules about this issue going forward, that are EQUALLY applied to all participants. The fact is, BFM made some disgusting posts and personal messages, but a number of other GMs have also repeatedly done the same thing in these forums and in the Yahoo forums , which originally caused the former commish to mentally check out and then quit. If we don't admit this , and address it fully, this league will be over soon. Selectively throwing one GM under the bus and calling it a day doesnt equal a solution.

No disrespect to the commish, but rules have to follow the league constitution, which we all vote and approve. Any ammendments of any sort have to be proposed and voted on 1 year in advance before they can be put into action. This is why I think we need a clear explanation of these actions, so that we can propose and set new rules in the future on treating each other with respect, and being active in the league, as requirements for staying in the league. Once this is set, we can set clear consequences for all members who violate these rules.
as of now I completely stand by byennie and his decision.

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2015, 08:29:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

On CelticsBlog, BFM's actions were by far the most egregious. Also, this wasn't a first offense for him.  The ban was unanimous by the staff, and is permanent.

BFM has caused major trouble in the points league, the H2H league, and CelticsBlog.   You guys can resolve league issues as you want, but if the league is going to remain hosted in part on CelticsBlog, we can't have nonsense like the other week.  Read back through BFM's posts and tell me that his behavior was respectful and consistent with CB standards.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes