Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT  (Read 102397 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2015 Offseason REBOOT
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2015, 11:12:07 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Question: When drafting, can we draft Euros who are technical 'rookies' but who weren't drafted in the NBA this season?

Like Sasha Kaun, or Marcelo Huertas. Or, are they waiver-wire-fodder?

2nd question: Where can I find waiver wire order?
We have an obscure rule covering that but I'd have to find it. I think it's something like whoever is drafted had to have been draft eligible. Like for example we didn't draft Joel Freeland back in the day.

Waiver wire order is order of finish meaning the first place guy gets the first waiver priority and the last place guy gets last. I believe that is based on actual finish, not adjusted. I should probably double check that.

You can see it in the history of the league in yahoo. I may have to put that here

« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2015, 11:56:34 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
IIRC, it was anyone who entered their name into the draft was eligible to be drafted in our league regardless is an NBA team selected them or not.  If they are just a Euro player coming over to the NBA and weren't in the 2015 draft, they are not draft-eligible and will be waiver wire player.

« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2015, 01:54:12 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
IIRC, it was anyone who entered their name into the draft was eligible to be drafted in our league regardless is an NBA team selected them or not.  If they are just a Euro player coming over to the NBA and weren't in the 2015 draft, they are not draft-eligible and will be waiver wire player.

That is my understanding too.

The only year you coulda drafted Sasha Kaun was 2008.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2015, 05:04:06 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Yeah, that's the case. I was prevented from drafting Christian Eyenga at one point, and I've been bitter ever since.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2015, 07:07:50 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

Yeah, that's the case. I was prevented from drafting Christian Eyenga at one point, and I've been bitter ever since.

In your honor CK I'm considering changing my team name to "Eyenga Prevention".
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:43:26 PM by Gainesville Celtic »

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2015, 10:53:12 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Do we have a draft date?

« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2015, 10:55:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
No. That's next. Soon I will try to start working on that and one other thing with byennie

« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
After watching the H2H league draft last night, I'm pumped to get the PTS league draft going. Any ideas on potential dates Eja and Byennie?

« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2015, 02:31:51 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Me too!!! Lots of GMs showed up and have fun with all the trade talks!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2015, 03:12:46 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Yeah and i want to be in a draft I'm not running  :-\ ;D

« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2015, 07:11:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
After watching the H2H league draft last night, I'm pumped to get the PTS league draft going. Any ideas on potential dates Eja and Byennie?
Some answers will soon be forthcoming. I promise.

« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2015, 07:15:08 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Some answers will soon be forthcoming. I promise.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2015, 07:16:08 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
The 5 smiling faces are my draft picks: 6th, 8th, 12th, 14th and 16th

« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2015, 08:46:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I can't do this any more. I can't be phony like this any more.

Confession, and on some level I apologize and whatnot.

I have known byennie since freshman year of high school. And I'm darn lucky to have known him. I was not buddy buddy with him, and we didn't hang out much, if at all, and we generally hung out with different crowds. Byennie had a strong reputation as a guy who got along with everyone. I never heard ONE mildly controversial thing about him EVER. He is extremely intelligent and finished third in his class. If you can possibly believe this I was ...um...awkward in high school (can you believe that? EJA? EJA shot his mouth off? In high school? And weirded people out? I must be shocking you) and as a result some people didn't want to have much to do with me and still don't (can you blame them?), but byennie never treated me like that and sometimes worked with me when others wouldn't have wanted to. (We were in a lot of the same classes and debated that darn other kid that thought our community should have a McDonalds! A McDonalds I tell you! No WAY. We lived in a rural community and there was no WAY it should have had a McDonalds.) You can't really get anything past him and he sorta spotted me here and we are Facebook friends. (I think the tip off was that I'd say stuff here and then copy/paste it to my Facebook page. After 4 or 5 times of that I think he established a pattern).

His positive traits of fairness, giving people a shot and a 2nd shot, keeping his cool, and intelligence led me to nominate him as commish, and I'm glad I did.

I have not ever received any special treatment from byennie. In fact he is an extremely busy guy that is hard to reach, but arguably I had slightly better access to him. However, realistically I had better access to all of you than to him. I have had infinitely more discussions with Y'all and Toines, and LarBrd, than I have had with him.

I felt that you all deserved an explanation. I did not find this to be important previously, or even germane to the conversation until now. I felt we had too much bickering to worry about stuff like this.

Some of you may be wondering if byennie and I eeeevvvvveeeerrr were even tempted to even consider any kind of shenanigans. I don't blame you.

I keep pretty detailed notes on my team and trades. Here is a list of (I think) every trade I have made with him over the years straight from my spreadsheet

Jimmer for Ubuntu Yalls 2014  two with Jackalopes
Dec 22 Glen Rice Jr and Jon Leuer for Kyle Singler, Tony Snell, and Ubuntus 2014 two with Jackalopes

Hmmmm...that's odd...I coulda sworn I had more than two

Anyway...I am not sorry for my actions, only sorry for what has occurred. ....byennie is facing a situation that is absolutely none of our business but when I heard I almost threw up. He is in fine personal physical health, he is not being sued, he is not going bankrupt, and he is not facing jail time to my knowledge. This league has suddenly become a first world problem for him. I think he will want to keep his team and I think he should. I told him not to worry about anything and that I'd take care of this.

At this point I open the floor for nominees for new commish

Y'all....he's here a lot and runs a good team

mkogav....same

eja....he's here all the time, already has access to the spreadsheet, and his relative closeness to byennie may help with transition

Birdman...he's around a lot lately with a lot of enthusiasm. I can't remember him having lots of issues with anyone

If it's me I make the following promises...first....during the draft I will drink far less than I did at the H2H draft, although I might drink tonight. (hey...I'm Irish.) Second...I'll do my best and give explanations and reasons. Third....I will seek out opinions and advice and whatnot. Fourth...I'll be more honest and whatnot. Fifth...I will most likely keep all future posts shorter than this.

We should take 48 hours to think this over.

« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2015, 08:57:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Yeah and i want to be in a draft I'm not running  :-\ ;D

I nominate GC for the new commish  ;D

Just kidding. I'm sorry to hear that Byennie has a serious RL issue. Of course RL will take priority from time to time for all of us, I wish him the best and am grateful for the work he did guiding the league through a tough time.

I nominate THE Eja to replace him, even if he was a weirdo in high school