Author Topic: Extend-and-trade idea for Gallinari  (Read 5328 times)

Re: Extend-and-trade idea for Gallinari
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I like the idea of acquiring Gallo without the extension even better, especially if it involves Bradley's contract. It would put the Celtics in position to have a exciting year this year and then be loaded with money next offseason as everyone not on a rookie scale deal, outside of Crowder, would then be expired.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 07:51:05 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Send  flotsam and jetsam for Gallinari.  Sully or Olynyk and Young is about right.

He can score a bit off the bench when Hunter's shot isn't falling.

It would create room to sign Holmes.

The roster would be balanced.

The Celtics would be loaded for bear!
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 07:55:47 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I like the idea of acquiring Gallo without the extension even better, especially if it involves Bradley's contract. It would put the Celtics in position to have a exciting year this year and then be loaded with money next offseason as everyone not on a rookie scale deal, outside of Crowder, would then be expired.

I believe IT would still be on the books but he also is on a cheap deal.

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 07:59:43 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

I believe IT would still be on the books but he also is on a cheap deal.

Yup, you're right, I forgot about IT.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 09:48:58 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Bradley or Thomas would have to be included right, Gallo's salary is 11 million.

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 10:20:52 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm not trading Sullinger straight up for Danilo, let alone in a package that includes picks and youth to go along with him.

We have very different opinions on Sully and Gallo then.  Sully rebounds better than Gallo.  That's about it. 

If it were Olynyk instead of Sully, do you change your tune?  Those two are interchangeable for me, although obviously some here are very solidly in one camp or the other.
agree with BWC - no to trading Sully.  if it was KO, I think it's still an overpay because I've never understood the fascination for Gallinari but I guess I could live with that deal

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 10:33:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bradley or Thomas would have to be included right, Gallo's salary is 11 million.
  Not according to real GM.  Sully and Babb gets it done.   I am not crazy on the deal though.

agree with BWC - no to trading Sully
  Too bad we know Ainge does not feel this way.   Why else would Sully follow the Hornets.   Maybe Ainge moves him for MKG?  He can't shoot so I doubt we want him.  Sully has already offered him up to move up to NYC and Charlotte in the draft.

Do you really think he would not trade a guy who is lazy and does not play a lick of D for a wing who is expiring?   That is one less thing to worry about next year and maybe saves the C's some medical bills and per diem on meals.  Sully is without our best rebounder, but he is our worst big defender and did not run the court or have the professionalism to stay in shape last year.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:42:21 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2015, 10:34:29 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123

If your asking, salary wise could we trade Sully and our small contracts like Babb and Pressey for Gallo, thats a good question.

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 10:35:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'm not trading Sullinger straight up for Danilo, let alone in a package that includes picks and youth to go along with him.

We have very different opinions on Sully and Gallo then.  Sully rebounds better than Gallo.  That's about it. 

If it were Olynyk instead of Sully, do you change your tune?  Those two are interchangeable for me, although obviously some here are very solidly in one camp or the other.

Definitely. Not saying I would do this trade, but yes I would include Olynyk if needed instead of Sullinger.

I'll just say this, I need to be wowed by our return for me to consider moving Sullinger. I think he's very good right now, and I think he'll be even better going forward. More importantly, when it counts, when you need players in the playoffs, he's someone you can count on. Olynyk, not so much even when his shot is falling.

What indication has Sullinger ever given that he can be counted on in the playoffs?

He's only been in the playoffs once and that was when the Cavs swept us.

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 10:39:16 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Not necessarily. If we do the trade before Lee is traded for, we can complete the trade while remaining under the cap... with just sending Turner out it puts us right at border or slightly above the cap (but slightly enough that I think it falls within the rules of the $100,000 over the cap after the trade is done).

At the very least another player would need to be included (Young/Olynyk) to interest Denver in the first place, and to clear a bit more of cap space to sign Mickey to a three-year deal before trading for Lee and signing Crowder.

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2015, 10:40:00 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Definitely. Not saying I would do this trade, but yes I would include Olynyk if needed instead of Sullinger.

I'll just say this, I need to be wowed by our return for me to consider moving Sullinger. I think he's very good right now, and I think he'll be even better going forward. More importantly, when it counts, when you need players in the playoffs, he's someone you can count on. Olynyk, not so much even when his shot is falling.

What indication has Sullinger ever given that he can be counted on in the playoffs?

I completely missed it... O.o

I don't want to hear any Anthony Davis trade proposals from here on out either.

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2015, 10:41:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What indication has Sullinger ever given that he can be counted in the playoffs?

I dislike him as a player but he was somewhat effective during the Cavs series.   He at least was not afraid.   I thought him coming back hurt our chemistry.   But individually, he did ok.   That being said your always rolling the dice out that with him in that he will be giving you more than he gives up.

I knew he would be ok, because they play half court basketball.   That is the kind that Sully needs to play.  Trouble, is we are not going to playing it as much.   So he needs to go.  Slow guys like him who can't help on D, or stay in front of their man need to go the way of the dinosaur on this team and vanish.   We don't have tons of offensive firepower or shooters (not to mention rim protection to cover his butt) so we have to rely on hardnose D to win.     

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2015, 10:55:37 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
There are so few good FAs next summer and lots of teams will have money. Someone will pay Sully more than we want to pay him, so either way we are losing an asset(don't match, or match but now he is paid to much to be an asset n future trades.)

Our spare parts that could be traded right now are Sully, KO, Turner and Young.