Author Topic: Trade Idea: BOS-DEN  (Read 975 times)

Trade Idea: BOS-DEN
« on: July 13, 2015, 03:05:39 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Boston trades Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger and Evan Turner to Denver for Danilo Gallinari, the rights to Nikola Jokic, POR 2016 1st*

We clear some of the logjam for a one year rental of Gallinari, a promising C in Jokic, and 2 2nds. We can then sign Mickey and Holmes no problem.

Smart/Rozier/Crowder/Johnson/Olynyk
Thomas/Hunter/Gallinari/Lee/Zeller
Pressey/Young/Jerbeko/Holmes/Mickey

Stash Jokic and Thorton, or waive Pressey and bring Jokic over.

* 2016 first round draft pick from Portland
Portland's 1st round pick to Denver protected for selections 1-14 in 2016 and 1-14 in 2017; if Portland has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Denver by 2017, then Portland will instead convey the less favorable of its 2018 2nd round pick and Sacramento's 2018 2nd round pick (via Sacramento's right to swap for Portland) and its 2019 2nd round pick to Denver.

Re: Trade Idea: BOS-DEN
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 03:09:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
You beat me to a Gallo trade idea by minutes (great minds).  I'll note that Jokic just signed a deal with Denver, and so can't be traded for a bit.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
You beat me to a Gallo trade idea by minutes (great minds).  I'll note that Jokic just signed a deal with Denver, and so can't be traded for a bit.

Ahhh, I didn't see him in the trade machine. Never updated  >:(

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

Is his deal officially signed yet? Or is it just their intent?

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 03:18:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Is his deal officially signed yet? Or is it just their intent?

Marc Stein and Zach Lowe both reported on Twitter that it was a done deal.  4 years, $5.5 million.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 03:22:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
must be me but I'm not a big fan of Gallo.  always seemed like more promise than what he delivered.  wouldn't give up Sully for him.  that first rounder looks like fools gold too right now considering the mess in Portland.  be looking at second rounders instead of a first

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 03:32:37 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
must be me but I'm not a big fan of Gallo.  always seemed like more promise than what he delivered.  wouldn't give up Sully for him.

I'm not either, but for a one year rental, a logjam clear, and to gain some assets it would be worth it. He's another large contract the could be flipped. 

that first rounder looks like fools gold too right now considering the mess in Portland.  be looking at second rounders instead of a first

I definitely said that it would be two 2nds lol.