Author Topic: Knicks and Celtics trade idea: Carmelo to Celtics  (Read 8414 times)

Re: Knicks and Celtics trade idea: Carmelo to Celtics
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 05:33:31 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
wouldn't want melo at all!  slows the offense by holding the ball, takes a lot of shots, cant play D, and most importantly....isn't a winner.
The guy that made the playoffs the first 10 years of his career After leading his college team to the national championship in his only season isn't a winneR.  Interesting position to take.

he has only made it out of the first round twice in his entire career.....loser.  ncaa is irreverent.
has anyone on the Celtics made it out of the first round?  I mean aside from Amir Johnson when he barely played for Detroit.

that has nothing what-so-ever to do with my original statement of melo being a loser (which u disagreed with), then my justification.  our team is young, is rebuilding, and stinks.  you are creating a different argument.

i stand by my stance....i wouldn't want melo because he kills the flow of the offense, takes a lot of shots, doesn't make his team mates better (in fact, he has had quality talent and yet his teams are always are looked at as underachieving), and he is a loser (only out of the first round twice in his entire career). 

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
wouldn't want melo at all!  slows the offense by holding the ball, takes a lot of shots, cant play D, and most importantly....isn't a winner.
The guy that made the playoffs the first 10 years of his career After leading his college team to the national championship in his only season isn't a winneR.  Interesting position to take.

he has only made it out of the first round twice in his entire career.....loser.  ncaa is irreverent.
has anyone on the Celtics made it out of the first round?  I mean aside from Amir Johnson when he barely played for Detroit.

that has nothing what-so-ever to do with my original statement of melo being a loser (which u disagreed with), then my justification.  our team is young, is rebuilding, and stinks.  you are creating a different argument.

i stand by my stance....i wouldn't want melo because he kills the flow of the offense, takes a lot of shots, doesn't make his team mates better (in fact, he has had quality talent and yet his teams are always are looked at as underachieving), and he is a loser (only out of the first round twice in his entire career).

KG had only made it out of the first round once when he came here, and he had more seasons under his belt than Melo does now.  Was he a loser?

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 05:37:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
NO

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

KG had only made it out of the first round once when he came here, and he had more seasons under his belt than Melo does now.  Was he a loser?

one could make that argument i suppose, but i would disagree with it.  KG was a league MVP and was in the west his entire career before coming to Boston.

as i said in my previous post, don't create a separate argument.  Melo is a loser imo for the reasons i mentioned.

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 06:20:46 PM »

Offline truthhurts34

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
God no.

His 27 million dollar player option when he's 35 is absolutely comical.

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2015, 10:40:59 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

except none of that is actually true or at least negative. 

I mean let's take the 08/09 Denver team that made the WCF.  During the regular season Denver was 45-21 with Melo and 9-7 without him.  Seems like he helped them win. 

His 1.28 pps in his career is not an all time great level, but is still pretty solid for someone that scores as many PPG as he does (Michael Jordan for example finished at 1.32). 

His first relatively healthy season in NY, the Knicks made the second round and his "quality" teammates were Tyson Chandler, 39 year old Jason Kidd, JR Smith, Steve Novak, Pablo Prigioni, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert (for about half the season).  The playoffs that year the Knicks started Felton, Prigioni, and Shumpert along side Melo (as the PF) and Chandler.  Some set of quality teammates that is. 

The Knicks were even worst the year before last in the quality teammate dept. and basically only won 37 games because of Anthony.

His teams in Denver just weren't that good until Billups got there and by then Anthony was in his prime.

I just really can't understand your position.  It does match reality. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I would love a scorer like Melo.
You'd need to give up 2 more picks though because this deal sucks for the Knicks.

Something giving them picks+young talent eg:
Olynyk+Bradley+2016 Brooklyn pick+2016 Dallas pick at a very minimum. They probably ask for Rozier too.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.