Author Topic: How can we make room for Holmes, looks like a keeper.  (Read 16573 times)

Re: How can we make room for Holmes, looks like a keeper.
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Maybe, I don't know, but because Stevens wants him to? Not only that, but encouraging it?

I think that is a fantasy at this point.  I saw Brad shake his head at more than a few times when he shot a three this last year on the first pass to the wing, not running the set.  I agree, he said this two years ago.  But you never hear any Celtics brass say it is a good shot anymore.  In fact, recent headlines have declared our need of three point shooting.

Did he encourage him to blow up in weight, not play D?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4QD6q3JYA

That is the new improved Jared,  Jun 29, 2015

Why he did not stay in Boston is beyond me.  Hope Satch( his Dad), helps him, when he is traded or off the team.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:46:34 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2015, 12:51:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Maybe, I don't know, but because Stevens wants him to? Not only that, but encouraging it?

I think that is a fantasy at this point.  I saw Brad shake his head at more than a few times when he shot a three this last year on the first pass to the wing, not running the set.  I agree, he said this two years ago.  But you never hear any Celtics brass say it is a good shot anymore.  In fact, recent headlines have declared our need of three point shooting.

Why he did not stay in Boston is beyond me.  Hope Satch( his Dad), helps him, when he is traded or off the team.

Man you're like the parrot, you like to post the same "Combine" nonsense and the same video as if it meant anything. It doesn't.

Not sure what you're saying about staying in Boston, but he's at a training facility with John Lucas... not sure what your problem is with that.

As for the 3, there's no doubt that Stevens wants him shooting it. Now, we can talk about shot selection during a certain possession or we can discuss the volume in which he attempts it at, but shooting the 3 is something Stevens wants definitely.

And OK, you "caught" Stevens shaking his head on the sideline... I guess I'll take your word for it that the usual stoic Stevens was so perturbed by Sullinger taking a 3-pointer (a shot Stevens likes) that he shook his head on the sidelines, I'll take your word for it though along with your interpretation of said shaking of the head.

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2015, 01:21:11 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Sullinger, Turner, Young for Gallo.  We would be extremely long.

Amir  Zeller  Mickey
Lee  Olynyk  Holmes
Gallo  Crowder  Jerebko  Jones
Bradley  Hunter 
Smart  Thomas   Rozier

Couldnt say we have too many guards!

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2015, 01:25:35 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Man you're like the parrot, you like to post the same "Combine" nonsense and the same video as if it meant anything. It doesn't.

Not sure what you're saying about staying in Boston, but he's at a training facility with John Lucas... not sure what your problem is with that.

As for the 3, there's no doubt that Stevens wants him shooting it. Now, we can talk about shot selection during a certain possession or we can discuss the volume in which he attempts it at, but shooting the 3 is something Stevens wants definitely.

And OK, you "caught" Stevens shaking his head on the sideline... I guess I'll take your word for it that the usual stoic Stevens was so perturbed by Sullinger taking a 3-pointer (a shot Stevens likes) that he shook his head on the sidelines, I'll take your word for it though along with your interpretation of said shaking of the head.

He "is"--or he "was" for a few days?

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

He "is"--or he "was" for a few days?

He IS, at least he was there a couple of days ago still...

https://instagram.com/p/45GJlEtLzX/

https://twitter.com/CoachJohnLucas1/status/619591252128829440

https://twitter.com/CoachJohnLucas1/status/619207572197888000

Anyways, I'll leave it at that. This is a thread about Holmes after-all.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:06:22 PM by BudweiserCeltic »