Author Topic: Possible Trade Partners (Ideas)  (Read 1681 times)

Possible Trade Partners (Ideas)
« on: July 12, 2015, 08:29:01 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
In response to CBS comments about wanting a swing, and Ainge's comments about only wanting a big man rim protector if he is skilled, I listed players who I thought were reasonably available and attainable. I also took into account CBS's desire to get hard working "culture" guys. The other thing I considered was not getting too old of a player, but rather getting a younger guy who might peak over the next few seasons.

Swings

Gallinari - Most have already noted this connection. I like it. I think Gallo's best shooting years are still ahead. I'm hoping that some combination of Bradley and Babb with a future protected first will get it done.

Kidd-Gilchrist - The Hornets are moving towards an open system with shooting. I think that they would at least look at an offer of Sullinger and a future protected first. MKG's willpower game would accentuate the hard work character of the other guys on our roster.

Melo - Is he available? I don't know. It sure seems like he should be for the right price. He is a bit old, which might speed up the time-table of our player development, but I think his game will age well. I think he will be a 25 point scorer for the rest of his current contract (4 years). Lee, Bradley, Sullinger, Dallas 2016 pick, and our 2016 first round pick

Harkless (update: already traded to the blazers) - I'm not convinced this guy is an intelligent enough basketball player to play in CBS system, but he is a buy-low prospect. Wolves protected first which will probably convey to two seconds in 2016 and 2017.

Porter Jr. - I just don't think the Wizards like him that much. They have Webster coming off of surgery at his position, they just traded for Dudley, they just signed Anderson, and just drafted Oubre Jr. I think Porter Jr. has proven to be a really efficient role player, high IQ passer, and decent defender. I would trade the unprotected Dallas pick or our unprotected pick in 2016.

Skilled Rim Protectors

Motiejunas - His rim protection numbers are really good, he can shoot, he can score inside, and he can pass. I don't think the Rockets are going to include him in a trade package unless they get a third star/scorer. I think he is a starting center in this league. I think an unprotected Nets pick next year would make the Rockets think about it.

Leonard - The Blazers now have Plumlee, Vonleh, Kaman, Aminu (best as a versatile 4), Davis, and Leonard as big men. I really think Leonard is available. He has kind of strange mannerisms, but it seems like he works hard and has good numbers in a small sample size. He can stretch the floor for us and is big enough to defend the rim. I would give the Blazers Bradley or Sullinger straight up for him, and then try to sign him to a O'Quinn contract (4 years, 20 million).

Favors - I really don't think he is available. I think the Jazz are content to let their roster gel together for a year or two, but if he was, I would offer Bradley and Sullinger for Favors. He can shoot out to 18 feet, rebound, and defend the rim.

Anyway, these are my ideas. There are other guys available, but I think Ainge and CBS are being very particular about the character and talent of the players they bring in. These guys are the ones who I think fit.

Re: Possible Trade Partners (Ideas)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 08:38:55 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
TP for a nice, well thought-out post!

I would be cool with Gallo, and obviously Favors. Some of these guys seem like lateral moves. Maybe we could get Jones, Capela or Monti from Houston...

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:59:43 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Don't like any of those swings, don't know much about those bigs other than Favors whom I would be happy to have. For a swing I'm thinking a Trevor Ariza 3 and D type.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 09:28:19 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Nice list. Melo's probably the only one I don't want because of the cost, poor fit for the system, age, attitude, and contract size. Favors is definitely at the top of my list, but like you, I strongly doubt he's available. I'd love MKG and definitely think he's worth that package, but he does hit RFA next year and maybe we could sign him to an offer sheet then. Porter has shown flashes, but I'd never offer an unprotected first (Mavs pick is protected top 7) unless it's for a proven star, don't want to pull a Billy King. Gallo could be the scorer we need and I think Denver would definitely be willing to move him. Leonard's a good idea, but I would expect that they want to try and develop and use him this year, but I could definitely be wrong. DMo could be another good target provided the cost is not too prohibitive.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 10:27:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Bradley, Turner and Sully to Denver for Gallinari and Gary Harris.

PG - Isaiah/Rozier
SG - Smart/Harris/Young/Hunter
SF - Gallo/Crowder
PF - Amir Johnson/Jerebko/Olynyk/Mickey
C-   Lee/Zeller

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 10:41:32 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

PG - Isaiah/Rozier
SF - Gallo/Crowder
C-   Lee/Zeller
I like that, but do you think they would give up Harris?

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 10:47:40 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

PG - Isaiah/Rozier
SF - Gallo/Crowder
C-   Lee/Zeller
I like that, but do you think they would give up Harris?

Well when you have a stud like Randy Foye in the way when's he ever going to get a chance?

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 10:51:04 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I have often wondered why there is so much intrigue with Gallinari on these boards so instead of questioning everybody on this board I decided to do some research on him. I've always known that Gallo was a very skilled player as a shooter and scorer just by watching him on League Pass occasionally, but what I didn't realize was that he's 26 years old!! What's even better is that he is on an expiring contract and we would have the ability to resign him thoughout his prime, or on the flip side lose him if we don't live up to expectations:(.

So in other words all aboard the Gallinari train!!