Author Topic: Would you consider signing Ognjen Kuzmic?  (Read 782 times)

Would you consider signing Ognjen Kuzmic?
« on: July 11, 2015, 08:17:35 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Kuzmic is a 7'1" Serbian center with a 7'6" wingspan who Golden State thought well enough of to offer a qualifying offer and make a restricted free agent despite only playing 164 minutes over two seasons after being a second-round draft and stash pick.  He's a 25-year-old project big who can block shots and has been brought along slowly as insurance behind Andrew Bogut and Festus Ezeli.  Since he is defense-oriented and is said to have a strong work ethic, he seems like a solid fit for the culture of Brad Stevens.  Since Golden State still has Bogut and Ezeli and are looking at a huge luxury tax bill, maybe they wouldn't want to pay too much to match a decent contract for Kuzmic.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: Would you consider signing Ognjen Kuzmic?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 08:23:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I would do it to listen to broadcasters deal with his name.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Re: Would you consider signing Ognjen Kuzmic?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
My problem with Kuz is he's not really strong. He can easily be pushed around. The part about work eithic is true, but he may just never be able to battle physically in the NBA.

I'd sign him, sure, but no more than $4.million per. He's long and indeed defensive oriented. And he's learning under Bogut, so he could bring some of those philosophies defensively, but don't expect toughness from Kuz. That's pretty much what's holding him back.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace