Author Topic: demare derozen rumors  (Read 13707 times)

Re: demare derozen rumors
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 02:03:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I really really don't think you're going to get a 25 year old all star for Bradley/Sully/KO/picks type deals.

And if he's on the last year of his contract Ainge will want an extension in place first.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I really really don't think you're going to get a 25 year old all star for Bradley/Sully/KO/picks type deals.

And if he's on the last year of his contract Ainge will want an extension in place first.

You can get such a player if he's on an expiring deal and wants the max, has a shot at getting the max from another team, and probably doesn't deserve the max.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 02:28:36 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
def. would have to take him for the right package. If i were Brad Stevens i would then consider starting IT just to get some shooting in the starting lineup.

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 02:37:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

You can get such a player if he's on an expiring deal and wants the max, has a shot at getting the max from another team, and probably doesn't deserve the max.
Yeah, but you probably don't want a player like that.

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »

Offline PutItInTheAir

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
what about lee straight up for him, both on final year of their deals and TOR could prob use lee that way he still gets the playing time the Cs promised him.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 02:58:39 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Yeah, but you probably don't want a player like that.

Of course, I am implying that DeRozan is a player like that.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 03:05:01 PM »

Offline JoeyAinge

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
what about lee straight up for him, both on final year of their deals and TOR could prob use lee that way he still gets the playing time the Cs promised him.

Toronto would then fire their GM. Danny Ainge proceeds to being a half of fame GM even if they don't win a championship.

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Well, considering Toronto just threw big dollars at Cory Joseph, I don't think they have much interest Bradley.   

So, if we want him, probably needs to be a package around Olynyk.   

He's an ideal fit next to JV, and a nice asset for them in the long run.   Who knows, maybe tye canadian can thrive alongside Lowry and co?

Obviously we'd have to sweeten the pot, but good news is that we could absorb about half of Derozen's contact into our remaining cap space.    Another guy that might make sense is Turner, a nice backup ball handler & another team friendly deal for Toronto. 

But how many picks would you add KO & Turner to get it done?

I'd include two 2016 firsts, ours and the DAL pick.  That should be about as good an offer as Ujuri finds, I'd imagine.   

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 12:41:13 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Well, considering Toronto just threw big dollars at Cory Joseph, I don't think they have much interest Bradley.   

Cory Joseph, I would imagine, is the replacement for Greivis Vasquez / Lou Williams.  I can't imagine they view him as a starter. 

Whereas Bradley could probably work fairly well next to Lowry.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 12:45:46 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Derozan is a flawed player, and his lack of shooting and penchant for tough midrange shots make him a questionable fit for Stevens' offense.

Still, beggars can't be choosers.  Derozan is a legitimate 20 points scorer with great size and athleticism for a wing.  He's only 25, and he gets to the free throw line consistently.  I think he could be a lot better with a coach like Brad Stevens than what he's had up in Toronto.

I agree with dreamgreen -- this is what all those picks are for.  Sweetening a trade package for a second tier player like Derozan.  We can offer Toronto young, cost controlled role players that will help fortify their team, and picks that will help them continue to build it up in the future.

So change the offense, lol.

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 07:36:46 AM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
I don't get the fascination for Derozen.  He's a very poor defender and the only reason he averages 20 points a game is by chucking up an average of 16-17 shots.  His effective field goal percentage  last year was .426; for the comparable Celtics players, Crowder's EFG was .495 and Turner's was .451.  If you're looking for someone who can space the floor, leave Derozan out of the conversation.  His career 3-point shooting percentage is .270.  And did I mention he can't defend on the perimeter?

There's a reason Toronto is willing to part with this guy.  It's pretty clear after six years in the league that he is inefficient on offense and indifferent on defense.  I do hope Danny has more common sense than the folks on this blog who propose we trade a boatload of assets for this overrated player.

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 10:00:30 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I don't get the fascination for Derozen.  He's a very poor defender and the only reason he averages 20 points a game is by chucking up an average of 16-17 shots.  His effective field goal percentage  last year was .426; for the comparable Celtics players, Crowder's EFG was .495 and Turner's was .451.  If you're looking for someone who can space the floor, leave Derozan out of the conversation.  His career 3-point shooting percentage is .270.  And did I mention he can't defend on the perimeter?

There's a reason Toronto is willing to part with this guy.  It's pretty clear after six years in the league that he is inefficient on offense and indifferent on defense.  I do hope Danny has more common sense than the folks on this blog who propose we trade a boatload of assets for this overrated player.

TP

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 11:20:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Trade AB for him

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2015, 12:50:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Derozan is a flawed player, and his lack of shooting and penchant for tough midrange shots make him a questionable fit for Stevens' offense.

So change the offense, lol.

Indeed.  You mold your gameplan to fit the talent, not the other way around.

I think Brad can make Derozan a more efficient player within his system, though, even if it means DD is only scoring 15-18 points a game instead of 20+.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2015, 05:22:34 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Trade AB for him

That was already mentioned in the thread.