Author Topic: Joel Embiid Likely Out for the Season, Will Have Second Surgery  (Read 23281 times)

Re: Joel Embiid Likely Out for the Season, Will Have Second Surgery
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I feel bad for Embiid. Hopefully he gets healthy some day. I don't understand why people criticize Philly for picking him, he was clearly the right pick at the time at #3. Also **** anyone gleefully laughing at Embiid's injuries. This has nothing to do with Hinke or his at times delusional supporters. Again, the pick made perfect sense. And now it looks like the Okafor pick also made sense. Again, they have always drafted the best player available which is what a lot of people here praised Ainge for doing when he forced it and took Rozier. I don't totally agree with either team's strategy but they have been pretty similar.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2015, 03:42:50 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I feel bad for Embiid. Hopefully he gets healthy some day. I don't understand why people criticize Philly for picking him, he was clearly the right pick at the time at #3. Also **** anyone gleefully laughing at Embiid's injuries. This has nothing to do with Hinke or his at times delusional supporters. Again, the pick made perfect sense. And now it looks like the Okafor pick also made sense. Again, they have always drafted the best player available which is what a lot of people here praised Ainge for doing when he forced it and took Rozier. I don't totally agree with either team's strategy but they have been pretty similar.

Who's laughing at Embiid, people are saying they feel bad for him. They just don't feel bad for Hinkie and the Sixers.

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2015, 03:43:35 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Call me crazy but I don't feel sorry for Embid or the 76ers.  In my mind, this is what the 76ers get.  You want to tank, enjoy tanking for 5 more years.

For Embid, his body made him a 1%er.  I don't feel sorry that it isn't going to make him a 1% of the 1%ers.  I'll reserve that for people whose bodies can't get them out of poverty.  If he lives a conservative life he shouldn't have to work again.  Why are we feeling sorry for him?

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Who's laughing at Embiid, people are saying they feel bad for him. They just don't feel bad for Hinkie and the Sixers.

Two people on the first page alone are laughing. Nobody should feel bad for Hinke obviously, he's not the guy that is injured in a profession that requires you to be physically healthy.

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
Call me crazy but I don't feel sorry for Embid or the 76ers.  In my mind, this is what the 76ers get.  You want to tank, enjoy tanking for 5 more years.

For Embid, his body made him a 1%er.  I don't feel sorry that it isn't going to make him a 1% of the 1%ers.  I'll reserve that for people whose bodies can't get them out of poverty.  If he lives a conservative life he shouldn't have to work again.  Why are we feeling sorry for him?

Umm because he's a person. And people aren't born with good bodies, sure he had a head start by being super tall but he had to work hard to get where he is. Very ignorant thing to say.

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2015, 03:51:06 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Okay, you're crazy.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Welp, it looks like the circle jerk is proceeding nicely. I think I'll leave the thread before I get any on my monitor.

I mean, we could go through and look at all the posts about how Rondo was going to come back and be just fine which, in hindsight, look significantly dumber. All it proves is that none of us can see the future.

Your self-congratulatory self-righteousness is overlooking two points.

1.  There's a difference between being optimistic about a proven NBA player coming back from injury and being in denial about a kid who couldn't make it through one season of college ball, even when there were still questions about his health a full year later.

2.  This is a Celtics board for Celtics fans.  It's normal for us to be stupid and stubborn about our players.  LarBrd is a guy who claims to be a Celtics fan while not only drooling over everything Hinkie does but dismisses everyone on the current Boston roster as "talentless mediocrities" while raving about the potential of Anthony Bennett, Bismack Biyombo and Nic Stuaskus.

If anyone ever deserves the "point and laugh" treatment, it is LarBrd at this moment.

Mike
TP but sure LarBrd doesn't care and likes the hate that his position gets. I do expect he will spin this to try to reduce how bad he looks on Embid.

In fact, the true star to look for is LarBrd now  ;D

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I'm not riled up at least, I've been laughing reading these posts just like I laugh reading Lar's posts in this forum.  I think the man's avatar make his trolling intentions and aims clear.

Unfortunately, Andy Kaufman's shtick got tiresome after awhile.

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2015, 03:55:13 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
LarBrd33 is entitled to be smug and condescending with his opinions if that's what he wants, and other posters are entitled to scoop up a nice helping of schadenfreude when he turns out to be wrong.

As for the Sixers, this doesn't invalidate tanking entirely but it does show you the risks. You may be a few percentage points better off in trying to get a franchise player, but when things go wrong you've made a fool of yourself and alienated your fan base with nothing to show for it. What's next for Philly? Run it back and tank again for another three years? When does it end?

Great words from a great man

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2015, 03:57:26 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm not riled up at least, I've been laughing reading these posts just like I laugh reading Lar's posts in this forum.  I think the man's avatar make his trolling intentions and aims clear.

Oh I agree.  My laughing at him is not laughing along with him hardly ever.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2015, 04:00:21 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

http://www.teachertube.com/video/andy-kaufman-reads-gatsby-167287

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2015, 04:05:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Well then... based on this news, I've come to the conclusion that Joel Embiid will probably be having a second surgery.   I stand corrected.   

Enjoy it fellas, you earned this...

LOL @ PHILLY  EMBIID  LARBRD33

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2015, 04:08:15 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
I guess this also means Philly's tanking again this season...er...I mean...putting their best foot forward. That's one team the Nets will be better than.

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2015, 04:10:02 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I feel bad for Embiid. Hopefully he gets healthy some day. I don't understand why people criticize Philly for picking him, he was clearly the right pick at the time at #3.

He was the right pick, although it did come with it's risk. The Sixers were willing to roll the dice after he had two different stress fractures, in just a few months, and they lost.

I do feel bad for Embiid. The kid had a bright, bright future. "Had" being the optimal word though. These type of injuries are devastating.

I do not feel for Hinkie, the Sixers organization, or their fans, which includes LarBrd33. They put out an inferior product and despite his many fans, Hinkie has set his franchise back years with a few questionable decisions that don't even include Embiid.

* Traded Thaddeus Young for Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved and Heat '16 1st-rounder (which at best is a mid rd pick)

* Traded Carter-Williams, who was cost controlled, for Lakers 2016 1st rd pick (the Lakers are improved and the draft is said to be weaker)

* Drafted Saric even though he's not projected to play for a few years and by the time he does come over he might no longer be under the rookie scale contract

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2015, 04:11:07 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Well then... based on this news, I've come to the conclusion that Joel Embiid will probably be having a second surgery.   I stand corrected.   

Enjoy it fellas, you earned this...

LOL @ PHILLY  EMBIID  LARBRD33

TP, respect.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers