Author Topic: Joel Embiid Likely Out for the Season, Will Have Second Surgery  (Read 23286 times)

Re: Joel Embiid Likely Out for the Season, Will Have Second Surgery
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2015, 03:05:57 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Welp, it looks like the circle jerk is proceeding nicely. I think I'll leave the thread before I get any on my monitor.

I mean, we could go through and look at all the posts about how Rondo was going to come back and be just fine which, in hindsight, look significantly dumber. All it proves is that none of us can see the future.

Some just act like they do.

Yeah but dude you, in particular, act this way all the time. You did it with Tim per Rondo, you did it with Triboy on Aaron Gordon (or something), and you do it with LB on Embiid.

The common denominator here should be fairly easy to spot.

Right, because his opinions are shared by the masses. Ironically, I think some of the biggest back and forths ever were between he and Tim. Usually I disagree with people here about basketball related topics. Isn't that only normal? Diffent minds = different opinions. LarBrd was dismissing all the reports of Embiid's medical issues, something (medical field) that he probably has no knowledge about. And not only was he doing so, but he was doing so in a very smug manner.

I know you're trying to be his PR guy, but he's a big boy and has written A LOT about Embiid. Isn't it only just that he gives a response on the news?

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2015, 03:06:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
this may be a dumb q, but does embiid get to keep all his salary from the last two years if he doesn't play at all this year?  i assume so.  if he is done for good, then does the team then determine a negotiated injury buy out with him?

I don't feel that bad for embiid if he gets to keep the 9 million he earned for not playing a game.  I think if you were smart with your money you could live a great life on 9 mil. haha.

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2015, 03:08:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
There is nothing more fun than telling LB he's wrong. That's a fact. The creepiness lies in the harping, to my mind.

Also, 'circle jerk' is pretty common slang for an echo chamber, I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Nope, definitely have never heard that usage. In my circles (pun intended  ;)), that term was definitely used in a darker, more grotesque sense.

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2015, 03:10:22 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
So, saying that the healing process was slower was a lie?
I'm not a doctor, but a slow healing process is still healing to me.
Another surgery might accelerate the healing process?
Sounds like they bs everybody for whatever reason.
Anyway, sad for Embid.

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2015, 03:16:27 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
This sucks for the kid so I'm not gloating about it in any way. This just however proves the point that no organizations fans can bank on a bunch of unknowns and claim they will soon dominant the league as Philly fans have been doing.

A future can look bright but it's never guaranteed.

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2015, 03:17:12 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Welp, it looks like the circle jerk is proceeding nicely. I think I'll leave the thread before I get any on my monitor.

I mean, we could go through and look at all the posts about how Rondo was going to come back and be just fine which, in hindsight, look significantly dumber. All it proves is that none of us can see the future.

Your self-congratulatory self-righteousness is overlooking two points.

1.  There's a difference between being optimistic about a proven NBA player coming back from injury and being in denial about a kid who couldn't make it through one season of college ball, even when there were still questions about his health a full year later.

2.  This is a Celtics board for Celtics fans.  It's normal for us to be stupid and stubborn about our players.  LarBrd is a guy who claims to be a Celtics fan while not only drooling over everything Hinkie does but dismisses everyone on the current Boston roster as "talentless mediocrities" while raving about the potential of Anthony Bennett, Bismack Biyombo and Nic Stuaskus.

If anyone ever deserves the "point and laugh" treatment, it is LarBrd at this moment.

Mike

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2015, 03:19:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

1.  There's a difference between being optimistic about a proven NBA player coming back from injury and being in denial about a kid who couldn't make it through one season of college ball, even when there were still questions about his health a full year later.

2.  This is a Celtics board for Celtics fans.  It's normal for us to be stupid and stubborn about our players.  LarBrd is a guy who claims to be a Celtics fan while not only drooling over everything Hinkie does but dismisses everyone on the current Boston roster as "talentless mediocrities" while raving about the potential of Anthony Bennett, Bismack Biyombo and Nic Stuaskus.

If anyone ever deserves the "point and laugh" treatment, it is LarBrd at this moment.

Mike
This....and it's obvious.

The constant "Oh nooooooo. This is normal. This is just overcautiousness by the Sixers and Randle in the man too, and M Smart is not really much of anything" was not just wrong, and didn't just fly in the face of all evidence, but was really quite bizarre too.

LarBrd wasn't very far away from explaining how it was a stroke of genius to draft Sam Bowie over Jordan.

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Genetics.....his parents fault

Lots of 7 ft guys go down this path ......issues healing

Some of those big big guys just break easy and take forever to heal up . 

It seems given his history and young age .   He is one of the unfortunate one s

He ll always be chasing the dream ,   Every year , it harder to come back , lose their youth , stamina , not being able to practice .....rally slows the development stages .

He has so little actual basketball experience under his belt ...it's sad.

I wouldn't bet on him playing many 82 game seasons .......if ever .

He really didn't make it though a complete reg and post season of college ball......his experience level for his age is way way behind .

This what makes Tim Duncan so amazing .    He takes the wear and tear like a little man.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 03:32:34 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2015, 03:20:52 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I actually think this validates the Sixers. The whole point of the process is that the draft is the ebst way to get a star but getting a star ni the draft is a crapshoot so much of the time. So you take risks on guys like Saric and Emiib, knowing they won't help immediately, and use that time to take more swings in the draft. If Embiid is Greg Oden (maybe eventually he'll play and be awesome, who knows?) then that just affirms the process that it was smart to engineer multiple at-bats.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2015, 03:21:57 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Mike
This....and it's obvious.

Mike, you're on the money!

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

Mike
TP

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2015, 03:28:13 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm not riled up at least, I've been laughing reading these posts just like I laugh reading Lar's posts in this forum.  I think the man's avatar make his trolling intentions and aims clear.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2015, 03:28:23 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Mike
TP but sure LarBrd doesn't care and likes the hate that his position gets. I do expect he will spin this to try to reduce how bad he looks on Embid.

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2015, 03:34:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Bob Cooney: Another break in Embiid’s foot wasn’t confirmed to me, “but it would seem like it,” said a source

This would be even worse news. Especially considering he's been basically idle for nearly a year.

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Don't see how this refers to not tanking, this is just bad drafting
I root for tank and still does this season, and i never wanted Embiid(and okafor)
Don't forget we TANKED(or sucked if you like) to get SMART