Author Topic: Vegas Summer League: Game 1 Celtics (0-0) vs Blazers (0-0) 7/11/15  (Read 51427 times)

Re: Vegas Summer League: Game 1 Celtics (0-0) vs Blazers (0-0) 7/11/15
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 12:33:58 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
"Summer is all about expermentation and Coach Larranaga may very well sit Smart, Rozier, Hunter, and Mickey in favor of getting a look at some of the undrafted guys."

Yeah, as much as I'd love to see more of our draftees and sophomores, it is probably time to start checking out the undrafted players and perhaps make some decisions on their fate.

Buckner, Fair, Holmes, Miller, O'Neale, Sampson, Thornton, Walden...haven't seen anything to get excited about.

I wonder if Phil Pressey will get some courtesy playing time to help him get a job somewhere...can't see him on this roster opening night.  IT and Rozier are enough mini-mites for one team.

This makes no sense to me.  It's not like we have roster spots to spare. Lol

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 12:39:34 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
"Summer is all about expermentation and Coach Larranaga may very well sit Smart, Rozier, Hunter, and Mickey in favor of getting a look at some of the undrafted guys."

Yeah, as much as I'd love to see more of our draftees and sophomores, it is probably time to start checking out the undrafted players and perhaps make some decisions on their fate.

Buckner, Fair, Holmes, Miller, O'Neale, Sampson, Thornton, Walden...haven't seen anything to get excited about.

I wonder if Phil Pressey will get some courtesy playing time to help him get a job somewhere...can't see him on this roster opening night.  IT and Rozier are enough mini-mites for one team.

I agree.  I think it's clear the first 3 draft choices have distinguished themselves.  So they could use more playing time.  Perhaps dangle some of these other guys as trade bait but other than that I see no need not to give the guys that are clearly gonna make the roster more time to get comfortable in the system.  Might wanna work young a complete game and Thornton/Holmes to see what they have. 

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Any update on Young's injury?

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 01:06:45 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

I agree.  I think it's clear the first 3 draft choices have distinguished themselves.  So they could use more playing time.  Perhaps dangle some of these other guys as trade bait but other than that I see no need not to give the guys that are clearly gonna make the roster more time to get comfortable in the system.  Might wanna work young a complete game and Thornton/Holmes to see what they have.

Yep. Rozier, Mickey, Hunter, Smart, and Young (especially Young) need to be taking the majority of the minutes here. I really don't care about anyone else on the team, because I don't see any spot for them on our roster for the next couple of seasons.

I can see the argument  for not playing Smart anymore, because he's already shown himself to be head and shoulders above everybody else and don't risk the injury. However, I think it's more important to keep him going with this aggressiveness and dominance. Hopefully it'll give him more confidence for the season and he'll play more up to his potential with a larger role on the team and more confidence.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 01:15:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

From Young's comments in the Herald it sounds like he was not concerned at all about it and wanted to keep playing but the trainers kept him out for precaution. I expect him to play.

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 01:41:55 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

From Young's comments in the Herald it sounds like he was not concerned at all about it and wanted to keep playing but the trainers kept him out for precaution. I expect him to play.
he won't play today but try tomorrow via Forsberg
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 05:00:23 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't see it on NBA TV Schedule until 6AM Sunday. You don't show it being on live at 8pm tonight do you?

I'm not seeing it on at Saturday 8pm NBA TV either, just 6am Sunday?

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 06:57:42 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Phil Pressey did not accompany the team to Vegas. James Young is out tonight but hip injury not serious.

The game is not on NBA TV live at 8 pm tonight.  It is only on tape delay at 6 am.   It will be live on the Summer League Pass which is 4.99 right now.  You can get it here:   www.nba.com/summerleaguelive/

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 07:18:36 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Go Celts, Rozier goes for 20 tonight.

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 07:30:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Thanks the link, FL. Purchased & now hoping Smart plays tonight.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2015, 08:02:02 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I purchased SL pass but no stream yet getting a splash screen
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2015, 08:04:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I think they must be running behind. It says they're not playing yet, and the TWolves game is still on  in the fourth quarter.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 08:05:01 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

What exactly is Young's injury?  Maybe I'm just pessimistic about James Young right now, but there's something about his "injury" that I'm not buying.  He looked exactly the same on the court in the first couple games of summer league as he did each time he got in during the regular season last year, which was passive, hesitant, and horrendous shooting...so now all of a sudden it's because of an injury?

He's gotta get healthy, get in there during this summer league, and actually show me something.  I'm real close to calling him bust.  I know he was a rookie last year and he's quite young, but given where he was drafted and how he performed in the D-League last season, he should be tearing the summer league up and that just hasn't been the case.

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 08:06:01 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

What exactly is Young's injury?  Maybe I'm just pessimistic about James Young right now, but there's something about his "injury" that I'm not buying.  He looked exactly the same on the court in the first couple games of summer league as he did each time he got in during the regular season last year, which was passive, hesitant, and horrendous shooting...so now all of a sudden it's because of an injury?

He's gotta get healthy, get in there during this summer league, and actually show me something.  I'm real close to calling him bust.  I know he was a rookie last year and he's quite young, but given where he was drafted and how he performed in the D-League last season, he should be tearing the summer league up and that just hasn't been the case.
took a fall last game, hip related.

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2015, 08:06:57 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ordered because I've spent $5 on worse things in my life :P