Author Topic: Trade Idea for a center  (Read 5359 times)

Re: Trade Idea for a center
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 04:53:42 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If OKC matches the Enes Kanter offer sheet, will it be realistic to trade for Steven Adams?

I like him as a player. Known tough, decent inside game that can still develop and above all else, big and has potential to be a rim protector.

Will OKC pull the trigger for Zeller + a 1st?
Maybe, that seems like fair value, I just don't see why OKC would do this type of deal.

Because they will be so loaded on the front. Ibaka, Kanter, McGary, Collison, Dakari Johnson.

If Adams could fetch atleast a replacement backup and a 1st round pick, it's sounds a reasonable enough trade to do, I think?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 04:58:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Return Philly's 2016 2nd for Embid lol

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 05:25:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Joking aside I really think Wolves future 1st top 7 protected, Pek and Bennett for TPE, Turner and Sully could happen. But C's lose a lot of cap space if they pull the trigger. Then again not a lot of FAs worth targeting next year so why not?

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 05:36:05 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If OKC matches the Enes Kanter offer sheet, will it be realistic to trade for Steven Adams?

I like him as a player. Known tough, decent inside game that can still develop and above all else, big and has potential to be a rim protector.

Maybe, that seems like fair value, I just don't see why OKC would do this type of deal.

Because they will be so loaded on the front. Ibaka, Kanter, McGary, Collison, Dakari Johnson.

If Adams could fetch atleast a replacement backup and a 1st round pick, it's sounds a reasonable enough trade to do, I think?
If Zeller is a downgrade from Adams then I can't see them doing a deal for that makes them worse now but better in the future.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 05:44:55 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

I agree with you about the jumbled front court in OKC, but I don't agree that we could get him for Zeller only.

A player like Avery Bradley is the perfect player to play alongside Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka.

Boston receives:

SF Perry Jones
and
C Steven Adams

OKC receives:

Avery Bradley
and
Minnesota's Top 7 protected 1st rounder in 2016

PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Marcus Smart
SF: Perry Jones
PF: Jared Sullinger
C: Steven Adams

That would be a fun, young team to watch.

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 05:50:39 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I agree with you about the jumbled front court in OKC, but I don't agree that we could get him for Zeller only.

A player like Avery Bradley is the perfect player to play alongside Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka.

Boston receives:

SF Perry Jones
and
C Steven Adams

OKC receives:

Avery Bradley
and
Minnesota's Top 7 protected 1st rounder in 2016

PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Marcus Smart
SF: Perry Jones
PF: Jared Sullinger
C: Steven Adams

That would be a fun, young team to watch.

Top 12. I'm not sure we'd be willing to trade the Minny pick if it was only top 7 protected. Mavs pick is the one with just top 7 protection.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 06:06:36 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
How about we trade for Myles Turner! Or we could have just drafted him if we hadn't held onto stupid role players after the trade deadline: Bass, Jonas, Gigi, Crowder. 3 games people, and we could have drafted Turner/Winslow.

I'm glad we didn't tank. That's not the Celtics way.

Nor should it be!

Who said tank? I said waive the players, after the trade deadline,  that are not in our future after we had no use for them and they had no value in trades. Danny underestimated CBS and btw CBS does not tank, he coaches every game to win...So I am not worried about us having a losing culture ..

Also the plan was to open space for younger players and James Young at the time. CBS had never heard of Jonas. Instead we let 3 contract year role players and Gigi play us out of the lottery and into a broom sweep.

Getting swept is not the Celtics way.....ONLY CHAMPIONSHIPS MATTER. WE DO NOT HANG DIVISION TITLES LIKE OTHER TEAMS, WE RAISE CHAMPIONSHIP BANNERS.
 Just because I didn't want veterans padding their stats for their next gig somewhere else I am pro tanking....

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 07:07:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

If Zeller is a downgrade from Adams then I can't see them doing a deal for that makes them worse now but better in the future.

Well, but that's the thing, they get a pick. Chances are Ibaka, Kanter and McGary will take the minutes. Collison may get spot minutes. I don't think it gets then worse, to be quite honest. Zeller will be another body, and they get an asset in the form of a pick. While we get a big that would work well with Lee and Johnson. I think that's a win-win.

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 07:10:03 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'll

Trade

ET

For ANY 7 ft center

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 07:27:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I also wonder how available Alex Len is?

He would be something if we can get him. It may be for a steep asking price, but I think he's one player you'd want to overpay if necessary.

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2015, 07:29:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I also wonder how available Alex Len is?

He would be something if we can get him. It may be for a steep asking price, but I think he's one player you'd want to overpay if necessary.

Do we really have anything PHX would want though? They're set at PF and Guard, the two positions where we have logjams.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
smoke another one brother.......