Author Topic: Joel Embiid  (Read 7776 times)

Re: Joel Embiid
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2015, 09:04:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Since the other thread got locked for obvious reasons, I'll put this here:

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI
Sixers say Joel Embiid will have a bone graft procedure on his foot in the next 7-10 days. And confirm: Embiid is out all of next season.

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2015, 09:08:41 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Mods  delete

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2015, 09:10:01 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
No thanks to greg oden 2.0, actually he makes greg look like cal ripken

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2015, 09:19:08 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Since the other thread got locked for obvious reasons, I'll put this here:

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI
Sixers say Joel Embiid will have a bone graft procedure on his foot in the next 7-10 days. And confirm: Embiid is out all of next season.

a bone graft?? jesus that is not good.

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2015, 09:20:11 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
There's so many threads about Embiid already.  I don't agree he's the odd man out.  I actually would take a wild guess that Okafor would be the one to be moved assuming that Embiid is healthy.  They can probably get an all-star for Okafor... or at the bare minimum they could get Marcus Smart and a handful of 1st rounders. 

It's unlikely that they'd get fair value for either of the other guys.

Embid......wow what a joke .....and you d trade Smart .....for him......that's absurd

I'd trade Smart + Rozier + Young + Hunter for Embiid right now without blinking.

I am so so so glad you are CB poster and not working in the Celtics front-office.

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2015, 09:25:44 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Let's send a heavily protected 2nd rounder, we might lucky.

C'mon, Embiid is worth more than that. That's just not realistic. 

Now if you sent them two heavily protected 2nd rounders, I think that would be a fair trade.

Mike

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2015, 09:54:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
There's so many threads about Embiid already.  I don't agree he's the odd man out.  I actually would take a wild guess that Okafor would be the one to be moved assuming that Embiid is healthy.  They can probably get an all-star for Okafor... or at the bare minimum they could get Marcus Smart and a handful of 1st rounders. 

It's unlikely that they'd get fair value for either of the other guys.

Embid......wow what a joke .....and you d trade Smart .....for him......that's absurd

I'd trade Smart + Rozier + Young + Hunter for Embiid right now without blinking.

I am so so so glad you are CB poster and not working in the Celtics front-office.
me too

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2015, 04:01:34 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Still don't see why people view Noel as the odd man out.

Embiid and Okafor can't share the court for long stretches of time.  But Noel could play next to either of them, especially if his jumpshot becomes respectable.  He's the only one who has the agility to play the 4.

It'll be either Embiid or Okafor who gets traded IMO.  And I don't think they need to make that decision yet.

Don't understand at all. Okafor is all O, no D, Noel is the opposite and Embiid might be as good as the other two at both. Real simply and only for illustrative purposes, I think this is the sentiment among the wider NBA circles: Okafor is Big Al, Noel is Dikembe and Embiid is Hakeem.

And I'd trade anything on the Celtics for Embiid.

Similarly, Marcus Smart is Joe Dumars, Sully is Dennis Rodman, and RJ Hunter is Reggie Miller. This is just the sentiment in NBA circles.

:)

Embiid probably has the highest ceiling of the three but it's not looking too likely that he hits it.

If he keeps growing, and picks out his afro he might hit a bunch of ceilings, not just his own.