Author Topic: Joel Embiid  (Read 7781 times)

Re: Joel Embiid
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Still don't see why people view Noel as the odd man out.

Embiid and Okafor can't share the court for long stretches of time.  But Noel could play next to either of them, especially if his jumpshot becomes respectable.  He's the only one who has the agility to play the 4.

It'll be either Embiid or Okafor who gets traded IMO.  And I don't think they need to make that decision yet.

Don't understand at all. Okafor is all O, no D, Noel is the opposite and Embiid might be as good as the other two at both. Real simply and only for illustrative purposes, I think this is the sentiment among the wider NBA circles: Okafor is Big Al, Noel is Dikembe and Embiid is Hakeem.

And I'd trade anything on the Celtics for Embiid.
Embiid is the next Greg Oden..dude wont see the court that much, if at all
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 05:25:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

Embiid and Okafor can't share the court for long stretches of time.  But Noel could play next to either of them, especially if his jumpshot becomes respectable.  He's the only one who has the agility to play the 4.

It'll be either Embiid or Okafor who gets traded IMO.  And I don't think they need to make that decision yet.

Don't understand at all. Okafor is all O, no D, Noel is the opposite and Embiid might be as good as the other two at both. Real simply and only for illustrative purposes, I think this is the sentiment among the wider NBA circles: Okafor is Big Al, Noel is Dikembe and Embiid is Hakeem.

Similarly, Marcus Smart is Joe Dumars, Sully is Dennis Rodman, and RJ Hunter is Reggie Miller. This is just the sentiment in NBA circles.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Embiid is the next Greg Oden..dude wont see the court that much, if at all
That seems to be the popular opinion, but I believe it's wrong.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Most teams won't touch Embiid let alone trade much value for him.  He hasn't played in a year and a half almost and still isn't cleared to play.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
There's so many threads about Embiid already.  I don't agree he's the odd man out.  I actually would take a wild guess that Okafor would be the one to be moved assuming that Embiid is healthy.  They can probably get an all-star for Okafor... or at the bare minimum they could get Marcus Smart and a handful of 1st rounders. 

It's unlikely that they'd get fair value for either of the other guys.

Embid......wow what a joke .....and you d trade Smart .....for him......that's absurd

I'd trade Smart + Rozier + Young + Hunter for Embiid right now without blinking.  I guess it's a good thing I don't run the Celtics.  Lol.  I'm pretty sure the guy who DOES run the Celtics would do that trade though as well.   Philly wouldn't do it, though... so no worries.

Embiid out for another year with another surgery

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 06:24:07 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Let's send a heavily protected 2nd rounder, we might lucky.

Most You Would Give Up For Joel Embiid
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 06:30:58 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
What is the absolute most you would trade for him? I think I would give up Young and the Brooklyn 2016 pick. That's probably our best pick and one of our best prospects. That's the most I would trade.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton

Why would Philly do that deal?  If they've already invested 2 years they won't give him away

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 06:41:16 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Maybe Joel Embiid is just getting his Andrew Bynum-ness out of the way his first two seasons instead of the last half of his career?  ;D

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 06:53:37 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Why would Philly do that deal?  If they've already invested 2 years they won't give him away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw8OvX9etYE

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2015, 06:55:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
There's so many threads about Embiid already.  I don't agree he's the odd man out.  I actually would take a wild guess that Okafor would be the one to be moved assuming that Embiid is healthy.  They can probably get an all-star for Okafor... or at the bare minimum they could get Marcus Smart and a handful of 1st rounders. 

It's unlikely that they'd get fair value for either of the other guys.

Embid......wow what a joke .....and you d trade Smart .....for him......that's absurd

I'd trade Smart + Rozier + Young + Hunter for Embiid right now without blinking.  I guess it's a good thing I don't run the Celtics.  Lol.  I'm pretty sure the guy who DOES run the Celtics would do that trade though as well.   Philly wouldn't do it, though... so no worries.

Embiid out for another year with another surgery
Well then, I'll need to speak with the team of surgeons before deciding if I'm still comfortable making that offer.  Philly blew it... they should have taken my offer when they had a chance. 

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2015, 07:05:49 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
He's pretty much untradeable.  What teams would be willing to offer does not match what Philly has invested in him.  I'd offer the Minny pick, but that's it and Philly wouldn't consider it.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 08:10:08 PM »

Offline farishmj16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 0
I would like for Ainge to risk it, but he won't.

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 08:19:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'd offer Zeller, Sully and a future, lottery protected pick.

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2015, 08:24:15 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Similarly, Marcus Smart is Joe Dumars, Sully is Dennis Rodman, and RJ Hunter is Reggie Miller. This is just the sentiment in NBA circles.

:)

Embiid probably has the highest ceiling of the three but it's not looking too likely that he hits it.

I'd offer Zeller, Sully and a future, lottery protected pick.
yeah, I'd be ok with this.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.