Author Topic: Joel Embiid  (Read 7775 times)

Joel Embiid
« on: July 10, 2015, 02:15:15 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
What's it gonna take for Joel Embiid?  In my opinion its logical that with his injury history hes the odd man out between okafor, noel, and himself.  I personally would not even consider including Marcus Smart in this trade.  But with the 76ers track record of hoarding draft picks (similar to ourselves), I can not vision them being interested in anything outside of draft picks, Smart, Young, Hunter, Rozier, Olynyk, or Sullinger.

Terry Rozier and the better of our 2016 Brooklyn Nets/Dallas Mavericks Pick?
Terry Rozier, Kelly Olynyk and whatever pick we find to be just out of the lottery?

With his potential, the above offers are an extreme buy low due to the risk (because of his aforementioned injury history) that he becomes the next Greg Oden.

Re: Joel Embiid
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 02:17:05 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
There's little incentive for Philly to trade Embiid. His value is at it's lowest right now and he has the highest upside of their three centers. IMO Noel is the odd man out.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 02:17:42 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
2nd rounder only if he misses another season  ;)

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 02:18:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
There's so many threads about Embiid already.  I don't agree he's the odd man out.  I actually would take a wild guess that Okafor would be the one to be moved assuming that Embiid is healthy.  They can probably get an all-star for Okafor... or at the bare minimum they could get Marcus Smart and a handful of 1st rounders. 

It's unlikely that they'd get fair value for either of the other guys.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 02:21:55 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
There's so many threads about Embiid already.  I don't agree he's the odd man out.  I actually would take a wild guess that Okafor would be the one to be moved assuming that Embiid is healthy.  They can probably get an all-star for Okafor... or at the bare minimum they could get Marcus Smart and a handful of 1st rounders. 

Just curious, why don't you think they can get fair value for Nerlens?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 02:29:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Stop grab your meds !  You ve lost your mind.

Embid......wow what a joke .....and you d trade Smart .....for him......that's absurd ......Embiid is totally unproven in any situation, much less 82 games of NBA .

I have my doubts he could last a college season .....talk to us AFTER he puts in a FuLL season or two of NBA ball.

Anyway ....good joke .......hope DA doesn't hurt himself falling out of the chair laughing .

I d trad e Oak or Especially Nerlins though ...not for Smart .....no way . 

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 02:31:02 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
We can haz moar embiid threads!

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 02:33:28 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
It makes no sense to me for Philly to even consider trading any of the three guys until they have had the opportunity to see the combinations of the three playing together for probably at least a season.

As far as Embiid, I would be thrilled to get him.  I think he has the potential to be the best center in the league by a wide margin.  Of course, that excludes his injuries as I could not possibly speak intelligently about that. 

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 02:39:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
its not worth posting, but Philly did there patented no update update today again FWIW. They said they are discussing him every day but there is no update. I am confused why the reporters are asking him this every 5 days at this point. It makes sense when it was like KG or Shaq injured in the playoffs, but Mid July it seems like the local reporters are just harassing hinkie. It would be cool if he flipped out on one of them.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I'd rather have Noel, who I actually think is the odd man out..
Like an earlier post mentioned Embiid's value is low right now, Okafor (in my opinion) is untouchable, if he wasn't they would have traded the #3 pick draft day.. That leaves Noel.

I'd trade Smart for Noel straight up, but thats about it.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 03:01:27 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Still don't see why people view Noel as the odd man out.

Embiid and Okafor can't share the court for long stretches of time.  But Noel could play next to either of them, especially if his jumpshot becomes respectable.  He's the only one who has the agility to play the 4.

It'll be either Embiid or Okafor who gets traded IMO.  And I don't think they need to make that decision yet.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 04:51:41 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
What's it gonna take?  A drunk Danny Ainge.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
The last time Danny Ainge got drunk he woke up with a bunch of draft picks from the Nets. He realized he had lost Pierce and Garnett and decided to just law low and hope things would work out. So far it seems like he got very very lucky.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 05:11:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Embid......wow what a joke .....and you d trade Smart .....for him......that's absurd

I'd trade Smart + Rozier + Young + Hunter for Embiid right now without blinking.  I guess it's a good thing I don't run the Celtics.  Lol.  I'm pretty sure the guy who DOES run the Celtics would do that trade though as well.   Philly wouldn't do it, though... so no worries.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 05:20:37 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Still don't see why people view Noel as the odd man out.

Embiid and Okafor can't share the court for long stretches of time.  But Noel could play next to either of them, especially if his jumpshot becomes respectable.  He's the only one who has the agility to play the 4.

It'll be either Embiid or Okafor who gets traded IMO.  And I don't think they need to make that decision yet.

Don't understand at all. Okafor is all O, no D, Noel is the opposite and Embiid might be as good as the other two at both. Real simply and only for illustrative purposes, I think this is the sentiment among the wider NBA circles: Okafor is Big Al, Noel is Dikembe and Embiid is Hakeem.

And I'd trade anything on the Celtics for Embiid.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.