Author Topic: Why dont the Mavs trade for Pecovic?  (Read 3307 times)

Re: Why dont the Mavs trade for Pecovic?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
If the Mavericks are looking for someone to cover for Dirk and the rest of their roster on defense Pek isn't the guy they want.

There is one role I would like to see Pek and Dirk in together, in that is taken 4. They would be absolutely amazing starring as part of an evil crime syndicate that makes the fatal mistake of messing with Liam Nisson. Who wouldn't be there day 1 to see this.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 02:09:05 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Because when healthy he is easily a top 10 center in the league

Um.

Just out of curiosity, could you make a top 15 list for centers? I'm curious as to see who grades out where.

Howard Cousins Lopez Gortat Drummond Gasol Jordan Noah Jefferson

You could make a case of chandler or pekovic for 10. I don't consider tim Duncan a center

Hmmm..

I got Cousins as the best center.

Cousins
Gasol
Howard
Jordan
Vucevic
Lopez
Jefferson
Drummond
Noah
Gortat

Honorable mentions would be like Hibbert if he can get his head screwed on right.

I don't consider Horford or Bosh centers, but if they were, they'd be around the 5-8th mark.

Out of curiosity, how can we not call Horford a center now? He is there starting center, plays alongside Millsap at power forward for all of their significant minutes. They also just resigned Millsap for a few years so his role isn't going to change. He is also listed as a center. I don't really see where the debate starts?

Well... They acquired Splitter, and the Hawks announced that they would definitely be putting Splitter at the 5, and seeing how the rotation of Millsap/Horford with Splitter getting back up minutes turns out.

I mean yes Horford is a Center, but only by position. He doesn't really seem to play like one. Its not a debate though, its my personal opinion. I believe Horford should be at the 4, next to Splitter. I think Horford has become a good enough shooter to space the floor, but who knows? We'll see what the Hawks decide to cook up. Although, losing Caroll was a huge loss. So we might even see Millsap at the 3.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 02:18:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If the Mavericks are looking for someone to cover for Dirk and the rest of their roster on defense Pek isn't the guy they want.

There is one role I would like to see Pek and Dirk in together, in that is taken 4. They would be absolutely amazing starring as part of an evil crime syndicate that makes the fatal mistake of messing with Liam Nisson. Who wouldn't be there day 1 to see this.

Least conspicuous kidnappers ever.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 02:20:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
My top 10 centers

D.Cousins
D.Howard
M.Gasol
A.Horford
T.Duncan
R.Gobert
D.Jordan