Author Topic: Tyreke Evans make sense for the Celts?  (Read 4566 times)

Re: Tyreke Evans make sense for the Celts?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 10:59:35 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It's not that Evans is a bad player. It's that he's a bad fit for Steven's offense with his 27% 3 point shooting.

Versus Sully?

Who is not a ball-dominant guard that spends most possessions he's not involved with idling on the perimeter (hopefully).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 11:02:28 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Tyreke Evans is a rich man's version of Evan Turner.

I actually like him as a player.  I agree that the fit isn't great for Brad's system, especially with Smart and now Rozier on board, not to mention IT.

Anyway, he was the second most important player for that Pelicans team last year, and I expect they keep him and try to build around him and AD.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 11:03:11 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
How many games does he play a year? He seems injured all the time to me and last time I paid attention to him he couldn't hit a shot. So can he shoot thee 3 now?

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 11:07:45 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd love to have Tyreke but I don't see the Pels dealing him.

He's their second best player after AD.

I am sure Eric Gordon is available.

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 11:45:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
How many games does he play a year? He seems injured all the time to me and last time I paid attention to him he couldn't hit a shot. So can he shoot thee 3 now?

He played 76 last season. 

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 12:39:10 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
The answer is Yay, unfortunately it is impossible because the Pelicans do not want to give up Evans. Tyreke is a big part of New Orleans plans, he is going to get a ton of minutes playing a few different positions and is going to thrive under Gentry. I'm not sure they would give him up for all the 1st rounders the Celtics have because he has proven to be able to facilitate, drive, defend a little and even develop a bit of an outside shot and he has an edge to him.