Author Topic: Tyreke Evans make sense for the Celts?  (Read 4565 times)

Tyreke Evans make sense for the Celts?
« on: July 10, 2015, 09:49:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Trade idea:
To Pelicans: Sullinger, Turner, Young
To Celtics: Evans, 2nd round pick

Danny has always liked Evans. Evans had a nice year last season.

Yay or nay?

Re: Tyreke Evans make sense for the Celts?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 09:51:29 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Trade idea:
To Pelicans: Sullinger, Turner, Young
To Celtics: Evans, 2nd round pick

Danny has always liked Evans. Evans had a nice year last season.

Yay or nay?

I'm a big Tyreke Evans fan, he is still young and I think he has room to grow in the right system. I'd do that deal if it presented itself.
In all honesty i'd take Tyreke before Gallo and DeRozan.. but not Parsons or Rudy Gay.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:54:08 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Where are you gonna put him?

Wouldn't this have to be followed up by another move or two?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd rather have Sullinger than Evans.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 09:55:34 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Nay. Doesn't add perimeter shooting, which we need and I'm not interested in adding salary to next year. Not an investment worth doing.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 09:59:16 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Nay. Doesn't add perimeter shooting, which we need and I'm not interested in adding salary to next year. Not an investment worth doing.

You know these random players that people say "let's go get so and so" and we will trade 3 guys and picks for him is kind of ridiculous.

I mean teams that want to win and have their players pretty much set - why would they want to all of a sudden trade players to the Celts? Granted they may if it is an offer that improves their team but unless we know that players are actually available why start the speculation?

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 10:02:12 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Evans would be a big upgrade from Evan Turner as the ball handler who starts at the 3. However, I am hoping Smart doesn't need to be played next to a ball handler this year because he will run the offense.

Evans is young and has been a quality player for the Pelicans. Not sure they would trade him unless they were getting back a more traditional 3 that can shoot. Unfortunately the traditional 3 that can shoot is exactly what the C's need so we wouldn't be able to give that type of player to NOLA
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Evans would be a big upgrade from Evan Turner as the ball handler who starts at the 3. However, I am hoping Smart doesn't need to be played next to a ball handler this year because he will run the offense.

Evans is young and has been a quality player for the Pelicans. Not sure they would trade him unless they were getting back a more traditional 3 that can shoot. Unfortunately the traditional 3 that can shoot is exactly what the C's need so we wouldn't be able to give that type of player to NOLA

I agree with this.  I'm hoping Smart is ready to be the primary ball handler so we don't need a point forward. 

I'm secretly hoping the Pacers stumble out of the gait not having many quality bigs, George at least comes close to his old self, and goes on the trading block.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 10:09:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

You know these random players that people say "let's go get so and so" and we will trade 3 guys and picks for him is kind of ridiculous.

I mean teams that want to win and have their players pretty much set - why would they want to all of a sudden trade players to the Celts? Granted they may if it is an offer that improves their team but unless we know that players are actually available why start the speculation?

Bc Evans has one more year left on his contract after this season. And pelicans need to add some new bodies in the lineup

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
It's not that Evans is a bad player. It's that he's a bad fit for Steven's offense with his 27% 3 point shooting.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 10:18:46 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Back when we were cycling through combo guards like no tomorrow (in no order and to wit: Robinson, Barbosa, Crawford, Marbury, Terry, Delonte, etc.) I would have loved to have Tyreke Evans. He's probably not as good as he was in his rookie season, but he's probably better than he has shown recently -- he's a better version of Evan Turner.

For this team and what we're trying to accomplish, I don't think he's a good fit.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 10:24:43 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't see why NOP would want Jared Sullinger. They already have Asik, Anthony Davis and Ryan Anderson as their big men. I don't think Sully would be of interest to them.

I think Avery Bradley might be of more interest to them. Eric Gordon's deal is set to end. I don't think they'll be keeping him around. Tyreke Evans would be leaving in this trade. So that leaves holes at starting SG and starting SF. Those are the positions that I think NOP would be interested in filling if trading Tyreke Evans. Boston weak at SF but have Bradley at SG. So I would swap out Sullinger for Bradley.

I think Bradley and Jrue Holiday would be a very strong defensive backcourt to go with Anthony Davis and Omer Asik. Frees up a lot of cap space to make a run at a big name FA next summer to fill that void at SF. James Young gives them an intriguing young prospect to work with over next few years. He could become a rotation player for them.

I could see this trade with Bradley instead of Sullinger working out for New Orleans. I think they should trade Tyreke Evans. He causes as many problems as he solutions for them. I think they are better off without him.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
He's a good player, but I'm not sure if we want our 3 handling the ball when we've got two young guys in Smart and Rozier. How good is Evans without the ball?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 10:55:26 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
It's not that Evans is a bad player. It's that he's a bad fit for Steven's offense with his 27% 3 point shooting.

Versus Sully?

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't want Tyreke Evans here. He has problems sharing the ball with other ball-handlers. He is a big part of the problem NOP have offensively. Both Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon would be playing better without having Tyreke as a teammate.

I think Tyreke is a bad fit with emerging guard talent like Marcus Smart and Rozier. I also think I.Thomas T.Evans will battle each other for who can be the most selfish guard on the team and cause problems in the locker room. Guys like that need to be kept away from each other.