Author Topic: Deron Williams negotiating release to play with Dallas, consequences for Celtics' picks [Merged]  (Read 41417 times)

Re: How bad would D-Will to the Mavs screw the Celtics!??
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 03:19:39 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
How much would the players association allow D-Will to take a buyout for?
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Nets and Deron Williams discussing his release
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 04:00:09 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Funny. Brooklyn fans are so obnoxious over a has-been lol.

They were already a hopeless team next to their city neighbor, you guys don't get the DeAndre treatment here!

This is good news for the team who holds both Dallas and Brooklyn picks though!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 05:04:59 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I'd say him leaving Brooklyn will have little effect on the Nets pick. He barely plays meaningful minutes as it is. I think both picks will be anywhere between 6-10 considering the East is so bad. That hurts Dallas but helps Brooklyn.

He has $43 million left on his contract. If I were to guess the buyout will be somewhere around $30 spread out over the next two seasons.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 05:19:35 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I'd say him leaving Brooklyn will have little effect on the Nets pick. He barely plays meaningful minutes as it is. I think both picks will be anywhere between 6-10 considering the East is so bad. That hurts Dallas but helps Brooklyn.

He has $43 million left on his contract. If I were to guess the buyout will be somewhere around $30 spread out over the next two seasons.
those buyouts keep amazing me. so dude plays badly, get's bought out and signs a new deal that will earn him let's say 15 mil per year(if rondo got 10 there is no way dwill gets less or equal), witch means he doubles his makings for playing badly on a bad team just for a hope that he can perform better on a "good" team.
IMO Dallas is cooked, they have striked out on all free agents, signed Matthews who is coming back from achillies, Dirk is a shadow of himself, Parsons is recovering from a knee injury, and their best PG is Felton.
The only way they get into the playoffs next year is if Parsons has a All star year, like 23ppg 7rpg 5 apg type
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 05:31:43 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
If he and Iso Joe both leave, yeah, the Nets are going to be awful in 2016. In theory, they would have room to sign people for 2017, but if the goal is to sell the team, they may not care to add much payroll. The Nets have pretty much one avenue to improve, and that's to sign FAs, but while they might have more cap room (Johnson is off the books after this year, anyway, but I'm not sure how Deron would fit into their cap if they release him...I think there's some cap penalty still, no? Didn't we carry Rasheed's salary on our cap after he retired?), they won't have an insane amount given the contracts they just gave to Mr. Glass Lopez and Thad Young, and its not exactly a really attractive destination given the fact that they won't be very good and they have no new young talent coming in for a while b/c of the trades. I just don't see impactful FAs wanting to go there with a barren team (if the Nets even try to add payroll, which I suspect they won't, if the goal is to sell the team). At worst, I think this bodes great for us in 2016, and at best, I don't think it hurts us much in 2017 re: the picks, either.
Re: the Mavs, I don't see DWill getting them to the playoffs unless he finds a time machine. I do think it helps them not get a top 7 pick...as-in, I think it keeps them in the 7-12 range.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 06:15:52 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Nice. That should hurt Brooklyn and might make dallas just good enough to not have their pick be 1-7. Also would he fit with Carlisle? He didn't get along with Sloan at the end and Carlisle is crazy controlling and a no nonsense guy
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 06:23:25 AM by Kane3387 »

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 06:43:11 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Almost every team will have large amounts of cap space starting next year so I'm not concerned about the Nets having cap space going into 2017.  They will probably strike out like the Lakers and Nets did this offseason, maybe even worse.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 06:54:11 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
This would be a positive for the celtics. I don't think D-will makes them a playoff team and it means they won't be tanking. It also makes the nets worse because their guard rotation is going to be Jarrett Jack, Shane Larkin, Joe Johnson, Markell Brown and Ryan Boatright.

It's like we have a Nets and Mavs voodoo doll. This would be perfect.

It basically puts the Nets in that 5-10 range we thought the Mavs were going to be in. But we don't have to worry about pick protections.

As for the Mavs. Do you really think this team can outplay the top teams in the west?

D-will
Matthews
Parsons
Nowitzki
Zaza

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 06:58:17 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
As for the Nets ability to draw free agents. I don't think this move does much. Their main draws will be Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young. We're one Lopez injury away from them looking really unappealing in every way possible.

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 07:01:10 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Good to know there is worse than our negativity elsewhere.

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 07:05:08 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Dirk
Parsons
Wes Mathews
D Will

is a decent core four.

Need some serious role players though, but they have the coach who'd be perfect for Deron, and it's his home town.
Good gamble for the Mavs while Dirk gets ready to be sent off to the glue factory.
Decent core?  I think those four are the serious role players that you say they need.

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 07:11:18 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't think losing or signing Williams moves the needle much for either team this year.  He is a pretty average injury prone player at this point.
I do think that if the Nets clear some salary that it will hurt our pick in 2017.

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 07:18:39 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
If Williams gets bought out, he still counts towards the Nets' cap doesn't he?  The only benefit for the Nets is that they only have to pay him whatever they agree to instead of the full contract, right?  They said they don't want to use the stretch provision, so they'd still on the hook for ~21 million dollars the next two years.

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 07:32:39 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Dirk
Parsons
Wes Mathews
D Will

is a decent core four.

Need some serious role players though, but they have the coach who'd be perfect for Deron, and it's his home town.
Good gamble for the Mavs while Dirk gets ready to be sent off to the glue factory.
Decent core?  I think those four are the serious role players that you say they need.

If that was the Celtics "core" this forum would be screaming for Danny's head.

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 07:34:39 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/06/report-a-trade-market-for-deron-williams-would-hometown-mavericks-be-interested.html/

I'm starting to see some chatter about it and I'm concerned. Not only would it all but guarantee that the Mavs finish in the Bottom 7, it would also put the Nets in position to be better, instantly, and to have cap-space as early as next offseason putting all of picks in jeopardy of falling.

lol this is a good take