Author Topic: Summer League Game 3 Grades  (Read 14004 times)

Re: Summer League Game 3 Grades
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Thanks for posting the highlight videos. TP. 
Some interesting assessments as well. 

Did you notice how well Hunter moved on the perimeter to space the floor and create shots for himself when he didn't have the ball. You can tell he's been coached.

I think we are going to be on the roller coaster ride with these guys.

Can't wait to see Rozier on the open floor. Kid has special quickness and speed.
And he plays well with Smart
Danny has to make some moves.
Wonder how AB feels. 
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 08:16:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Thanks for posting the highlight videos. TP. 
Some interesting assessments as well. 

Did you notice how well Hunter moved on the perimeter to space the floor and create shots for himself when he didn't have the ball. You can tell he's been coached.

I think we are going to be on the roller coaster ride with these guys.

Can't wait to see Rozier on the open floor. Kid has special quickness and speed.
And he plays well with Smart
Danny has to make some moves.
Wonder how AB feels.

Danny likes AB and is the last remaining celt from the big three era. Has the experience , leadership to help a young squad

Unlike say an Orlando team, that could benefit from having a AB

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 08:20:25 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
where is Eddie20 tonight?

I want to hear his analysis about Mickey's rebounding and overall game. 

Not only bashing him when he faces Cooley that is 20 pounds heavier, has 2 years of non college experience and is really a center. Or against the #3 pick of the draft (again 30 pounds heavier)

Here's actually what I wrote during the thread.

Smart looking great.

Hunter is getting conformable.

I like the way Rozier looks too. Is he a true PG? No, but what an athlete! Reminds me of Dennis Schroder in body type and athleticism.

Mickey showing a lot more fight. Great run and finish in transition. That's the motor that you just don't see from him consistently.

When it comes to Mickey I find myself pretty objective, which is something you can't echo. I also didn't criticize him for how he did on Okafor, since he was on Aldemer the majority of the time. I did question his performance against marginal talent such as Cooley and Aldemer, and deservedly so. Is he a good rebounder? No. Is he undersized? Yes. Does he display consistent energy? No. Is he the "physically strong/rim protector/athletic monster" you described? Obviously not. However, he's on our team now and the only thing we can do is cheer him on, but not be blinded in failing to acknowledge his many shortcomings.

Hey, at least you stopped posting highlights of that one game vs Kentucky. You alone made that video go viral.

This consistent energy talk is nonsense.  He does not have to "leon powe" it on the court.  Look at your boy Alexander with all that energy, grunting, bicept showing display and then look at his overall performance/stats. Mickey is outplaying him

Mickey approach like I have stated is similar to Bosh.  Methodical but responsible. Mickey got burnt by his man, only a total of 2 times last night. He just needs to add 10 pounds of strength , and with experience will be a nba rebounder off the bench

The biceps flexing of Alexander is such a weird comment. Who has even said that? He did it a few times and that's all you ever bring up. It's like me talking about Mickey thinking he's a fighter because he was almost in a fight during a game. Pretty nonsensical comment.

Mickey does not show consistent effort. It's things that showed up constantly in his scouting reports and things that you see during games. If he played with a better motor he would be a much more effective player. His energy level was way better in game 3 than it had been n the previous two. He's going to need to play with that motor all the time to offset his lack of size/strength.

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2015, 08:27:21 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Could our future starters at guard be Rozier and Smart?

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2015, 08:47:05 AM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Finally a game that was worth the 14.99 I paid for the app. If smart can keep up this level into the season he could have a really good year... Maybe not the 24/7.5 hes posting now but I'd love an 18p/6a/3r/1.5s season from him!

Also, when Hunter shoots does he shoot from a very wide stance or is it just me?

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Also, when Hunter shoots does he shoot from a very wide stance or is it just me?

I have never seen you shoot  ;D

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2015, 08:55:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Not only bashing him when he faces Cooley that is 20 pounds heavier, has 2 years of non college experience and is really a center. Or against the #3 pick of the draft (again 30 pounds heavier)

Smart looking great.

I like the way Rozier looks too. Is he a true PG? No, but what an athlete! Reminds me of Dennis Schroder in body type and athleticism.

Mickey showing a lot more fight. Great run and finish in transition. That's the motor that you just don't see from him consistently.

When it comes to Mickey I find myself pretty objective, which is something you can't echo. I also didn't criticize him for how he did on Okafor, since he was on Aldemer the majority of the time. I did question his performance against marginal talent such as Cooley and Aldemer, and deservedly so. Is he a good rebounder? No. Is he undersized? Yes. Does he display consistent energy? No. Is he the "physically strong/rim protector/athletic monster" you described? Obviously not. However, he's on our team now and the only thing we can do is cheer him on, but not be blinded in failing to acknowledge his many shortcomings.

Hey, at least you stopped posting highlights of that one game vs Kentucky. You alone made that video go viral.

This consistent energy talk is nonsense.  He does not have to "leon powe" it on the court.  Look at your boy Alexander with all that energy, grunting, bicept showing display and then look at his overall performance/stats. Mickey is outplaying him

Mickey approach like I have stated is similar to Bosh.  Methodical but responsible. Mickey got burnt by his man, only a total of 2 times last night. He just needs to add 10 pounds of strength , and with experience will be a nba rebounder off the bench

The biceps flexing of Alexander is such a weird comment. Who has even said that? He did it a few times and that's all you ever bring up. It's like me talking about Mickey thinking he's a fighter because he was almost in a fight during a game. Pretty nonsensical comment.

Mickey does not show consistent effort. It's things that showed up constantly in his scouting reports and things that you see during games. If he played with a better motor he would be a much more effective player. His energy level was way better in game 3 than it had been n the previous two. He's going to need to play with that motor all the time to offset his lack of size/strength.

From nbadraft about Mickey

Very self aware and knows what it will take to get him to the next level and has really worked on each of those things since his freshman year ... Extremely active and has a great motor ...

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 09:01:18 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

CORRECTION - future STARS at guard!

They looked great!  ;D

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2015, 09:04:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

They looked great!  ;D

Add Hunter as the 6th man

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2015, 09:26:21 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

They looked great!  ;D

If Rozier can do this in the regular season, I like that better because Rozier/Smart can actually play PG, while Bradley cannot, and Bradley is too small to play SG full time.

I think there is better potential for Rozier/Smart than Smart/Bradley

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2015, 09:41:29 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Hunter spaced nicely--- amazing how wide open he was.

His jump shot looks like a chest pass, though. How on earth is he going to get that off against an nba defender?

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2015, 09:49:55 AM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100

Smart looking great.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Cooley just out-hustled Okafor. Sure, Cooley is coming out of no where, but he's playing everyone tough.

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2015, 09:51:06 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

They looked great!  ;D

If Rozier can do this in the regular season, I like that better because Rozier/Smart can actually play PG, while Bradley cannot, and Bradley is too small to play SG full time.

I think there is better potential for Rozier/Smart than Smart/Bradley

This is what I was thinking.
Rozier at the point and Smart at the two.

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2015, 10:07:03 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Smart, Rozier, Hunter, Mickey all impressive.

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

Hunter spaced nicely--- amazing how wide open he was.

His jump shot looks like a chest pass, though. How on earth is he going to get that off against an nba defender?
Other players managed with similer type of form. Kevin Martin, Shawn Marion...