Author Topic: Serena Williams 1 win away from being defending champion in all 4 majors (again)  (Read 6600 times)

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Congrats to Vinci & Pennetta on making the final, wonder what impact Serena not making it will have on the TV ratings?

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Congrats to Vinci & Pennetta on making the final, wonder what impact Serena not making it will have on the TV ratings?

I wonder if tv will even be a thing anymore after Serena not making it. This is about the worst thing that could have happened in terms of pure ratings for women's tennis.

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

I wonder if tv will even be a thing anymore after Serena not making it. This is about the worst thing that could have happened in terms of pure ratings for women's tennis.

Ticket prices continue to drop at record pace

http://espn.go.com/tennis/usopen15/story/_/id/13632148/ticket-prices-plummet-us-open-women-final-serena-williams-upset-loss

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

Ticket prices continue to drop at record pace

http://espn.go.com/tennis/usopen15/story/_/id/13632148/ticket-prices-plummet-us-open-women-final-serena-williams-upset-loss

Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Talk about a curse thread.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Well, I dunno about anybody else, but personally I don't give two you-know-whats who wins between the two Italians.  I might have tuned in for Serena.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Talk about a curse thread.
um, this was made during Wimbledon, Serena won Wimbledon.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip