Author Topic: Idea: Rudy Gay Trade  (Read 2515 times)

Idea: Rudy Gay Trade
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:09:12 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
If this article has any credibility the Kings are going after Josh Smith and in order to get him they will need to trade Rudy Gay... Why you would rather have Smith over Gay is beyong me. but assuming its true:

http://sacramento.suntimes.com/sac-sports/7/138/90665/kings-rudy-gay-josh-smith-deal

Only problem is Gay's contract (20m) so it would have to be a Lee+ET+Sully kind of trade, or some variation of that.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 03:15:35 PM by jbpats »

Re: Idea: Rudy Gay Trade
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:20:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If this article has any credibility the Kings are going after Josh Smith and in order to get him they will need to trade Rudy Gay... Why you would rather have Smith over Gay is beyong me. but assuming its true:

http://sacramento.suntimes.com/sac-sports/7/138/90665/kings-rudy-gay-josh-smith-deal

Only problem is Gay's contract (20m) so it would have to be a Lee+ET+Sully kind of trade, or some variation of that.

This is why you should stop assuming everyone is credible.

Rondo came to SAC solely because of Rudy Gay, so if they traded Gay, I'm pretty sure Rondo would want out, or just pull a Dallas Maverick all over again.

Gay was the catalyst that brought Rondo here, so if the Kings are still interested in acquiring Smith. Forcing his closest friend to be disgruntled is definitely not the best way to go about it.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:21:42 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

Rondo came to SAC solely because of Rudy Gay, so if they traded Gay, I'm pretty sure Rondo would want out, or just pull a Dallas Maverick all over again.

Gay was the catalyst that brought Rondo here, so if the Kings are still interested in acquiring Smith. Forcing his closest friend to be disgruntled is definitely not the best way to go about it.

Aren't Josh Smith and Rondo very good friends also?

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Yup you're absolutely right.

Actually Gay, Smith, and Rondo all know each other. Rondo/Smith have the Oak Hill connection, and all 3 have played in similar AAU circuits, so all 3 know each other relatively well. Now as much as people diss Rondo for walking the ball up, Rondo is still the best passer in my opinion, so it would best serve the Kings to try to keep Rondo/Smith/Gay trio and see how they mesh with Cousins.

Never really liked the Sacramento times either, their website is just like their franchise, discombobulated writers who will pitch anything for views despite its redundancy of articles, and lackluster stories.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 03:32:51 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

Actually Gay, Smith, and Rondo all know each other. Rondo/Smith have the Oak Hill connection, and all 3 have played in similar AAU circuits, so all 3 know each other relatively well. Now as much as people diss Rondo for walking the ball up, Rondo is still the best passer in my opinion, so it would best serve the Kings to try to keep Rondo/Smith/Gay trio and see how they mesh with Cousins.

Never really liked the Sacramento times either, their website is just like their franchise, discombobulated writers who will pitch anything for views despite its redundancy of articles, and lackluster stories.

So in other words, dont think anything of it... its a shame, I like Rudy Gay's game a lot.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I don't get it. No one is going after Josh Smith, so can't the Kings just offer him the minimum and call it a day?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 03:43:00 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
NO Please NO. Not Rudy Gay.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 03:44:37 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

So in other words, dont think anything of it... its a shame, I like Rudy Gay's game a lot.

Yep, also sorry if my first sentence about assuming everyone is credible as a diss. I wanted to just say that a lot of people especially writers are going to try to get views.

I used to assume a lot of were credible, especially since some of them wrote perfect sentences and didn't make simple mistakes that some do.

I like Gay too. If we couldn't bring in Melo, I would've wanted him here. Gay next to Love and Rondo would've been a nice Big 3. Alas, things change.

I don't get it. No one is going after Josh Smith, so can't the Kings just offer him the minimum and call it a day?

False?

Smith may be a knucklehead, but hes still valuable to any team that's looking to contend.

You can bet your bottom dollar the Rockets are aggressively trying to ink a new deal, same with the Mavs, and the Suns who were reportedly interested in him last year.

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 03:53:15 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

Its crazy how there are so many differences of opinion around here when it comes to players. Some people want Parsons, others act like it would destroy the franchise. Same with Gallo and DeRozan.
I personally would love to see Rudy Gay in green, i think he is a helluva player.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Rondo just signed with the Kings. Gay and Rondo are friends. I don't think they will trade him. If anything, they probably go out and sign J Smith as well.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 04:55:20 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Its crazy how there are so many differences of opinion around here when it comes to players. Some people want Parsons, others act like it would destroy the franchise. Same with Gallo and DeRozan.
I personally would love to see Rudy Gay in green, i think he is a helluva player.

Yeah he gets a bad rap probably because of that big contract that he never lived up to, and two teams took off after he left.

Hes also not the most efficient player in the world and his defense is suspect considering how athletic he is.

So he has limitations, but at the right price (his current deal isnt bad) he would be a major upgrade on our roster.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 05:27:15 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
If David West can sign for pennies on the dollar, why not Smith?  If players prefer to be on teams with good friends or with championship chances, and want to do it on the cheap, so be it.

Rak

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 05:31:37 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I always thought the Celtics should get Gay.

;)

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 05:34:29 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I always thought the Celtics should get Gay.

;)

You mean "Rudy" right?  ;D

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Then you must not like really good players who averaged 21 ppg last year

Quite a shame!!