Author Topic: Trade Ideas: Harrison Barnes and John Henson  (Read 10510 times)

Re: Trade Ideas: Harrison Barnes and John Henson
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2015, 11:55:24 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I would like Henson if the Bucks are swimming in bigs.  But what's a fair price to give up for Henson, would Zeller and pick(s) have to go back the other way?

why the F would you trade Zeller and picks for Henson when Zeller is already better then Henson?  Let's not sleep on Zeller here.

Not sure how you can say Zeller is better than Henson. Zeller is a 7 ft center that cant even protect the rim. Zeller has no above average NBA skill

Henson on the other hand is athletic, mobile 7ft that protects the hell out of the rim. I would take Henson over Zeller any day

Zeller isn't KO when it comes to defending the rim. He's no Henson, but he's serviceable in that department. Rim Protecting is just about the only thing Henson does well. Athleticism helps in the NBA for sure, but it means very little if you don't have any NBA skills to match it with.

And Beyond his ability to run the floor and his good-great mid-range jump shot, Zeller is very good at running the P&R. Has great hands and a deft touch scoring around the rim on the dive. He has more NBA level skills then Henson does. Especially when the P&R is used on like 40-50% of possessions in the league.

They're both decent back-up 5's, and they have different strengths. Both could be very successful playing decent minutes on the right team. But I would say Zeller is better, and even of he's not, it's not like Henson is better by a mile. Lemme know when Henson develops a skill other than blocking shots and being athletic.

Legit rim protection in the NBA can turn an bad defense to an above average defense and a good defense to an elite level defense. SO as much as Zeller is a better individual scorer than Henson and would prob beat henson in a 1v1 game to 21, in a team setting what Zeller brings to the table is no where near as impactful as what Henson brings to the table. Hence his higher value

I would also note that having a center that cant protect the rim puts a team at a serious disadvantage unless their players 1-4 are elite defenders. If that aint the case (it rarely ever is) guys at postion 1-3 are never going be able to protect the rim effectively and there are only a handful of 4s in the league that protect the rim adequately: Ibaka, AD, KAT. Thats about it.

So given what Henson brings to the table he is always going to be more valuable to teams than Zeller. It is better to have 1 elite skill  (esp rim protection) vs a bunch of average skills in todays NBA

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2015, 02:34:29 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think to get Barnes you'd have to give them some kind of scoring punch off the bench.
Iggy is fit enough to play 30 mins a game in a 7 game series vs Lebron but once Love/Irving come back its pretty likely they'll need Barnes to guard those Harden/Irving/Westbrook attacking guards-and Iggy to take the SF's of the world.

To get Barnes you'd have to send them something like Isaiah Thomas+Crowder and I'm not confident enough in Barnes' potential to up both of them for him. If you were *really* lucky oerhaps IT+Turner+2nd round pick.

I could understand if we rolled the dice on such a deal given Barnes' age, shooting & athleticism....but it would be losing our two biggest bargain contracts for a guy who just may be a career role player...

There will be people saying Thomas+Crowder is too much but you're never getting him any cheaper in reality.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 04:21:03 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2015, 03:10:52 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Barnes isn't going anywhere. Becoming a tired conversation.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 11:10:54 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

" The Golden State Warriors delivered forward Harrison Barnes an initial four-year, $64 million contract extension proposal, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The $16 million annual offer wasn’t accepted, but appears to be a starting point in talks that could last until the Oct. 31 deadline for rookie extensions."
– via Yahoo! Sports

http://hoopshype.com/rumor/1009395/

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC