Author Topic: Trade Idea: Parsons to Celtics  (Read 3082 times)

Trade Idea: Parsons to Celtics
« on: July 09, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »

Offline ChiCeltics

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
Mark Cuban said that if the Mavs couldn't get DeAndre Jordan, they would have to consider tanking.  Given that the Celtics have the Mav's 1st round pick (top 7 protected) for next year and that the Mavs roster isn't terrible, a tanking strategy could be really risky.  The Mavs could easily end up with a number 7-10 pick, for example, that then automatically goes to the Celtics.  That would be a totally wasted year.

Given that, here's a potential trade scenario that jump starts the Mavs rebuild and helps the Celtics:

Celtics get:  Chandler Parsons

Mavs get:  Jared Sullinger, James Young, Evan Turner the return of the Mav's 2016 pick, the Celtics 2016 and 2017 1st round picks. 

Celtics Depth Chart:

C:  Amir Johnson/Zeller
PF:  David Lee/KO/Jerbeko
SF:  Chandler Parsons/Crowder
SG:  Avery Bradley/Rozier
PG:  Marcus Smart/IT

Re: Trade Idea: Parsons to Celtics
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 11:55:19 AM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
This is giving way to much up.  He's not worth that much of an over pay.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:55:34 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
thats too much for a guy coming off injury IMO

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 11:55:54 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Mark Cuban said that if the Mavs couldn't get DeAndre Jordan, they would have to consider tanking.  Given that the Celtics have the Mav's 1st round pick (top 7 protected) for next year and that the Mavs roster isn't terrible, a tanking strategy could be really risky.  The Mavs could easily end up with a number 7-10 pick, for example, that then automatically goes to the Celtics.  That would be a totally wasted year.

Given that, here's a potential trade scenario that jump starts the Mavs rebuild and helps the Celtics:

Mavs get:  Jared Sullinger, James Young, Evan Turner the return of the Mav's 2016 pick, the Celtics 2016 and 2017 1st round picks. 

Celtics Depth Chart:

Seems like way too many picks included for Parsons (one maybe their own). You are wrong about something else - the ARE a terrible team now destined for the lottery.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 11:57:36 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Parsons can opt out of his deal after this year so you'd essential be giving up 3 1st round picks for a one year rental...dont see it. Even if he was signed long-term and at reasonable $ it'd still be a massive overpay imo.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 11:57:49 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
To much, and I don't think the Mavs will get rid of Parsons even in a rebuild right now unless he says he doesn't want to be part of it.

Plus no way I want to get rid of the 2017 pick, thats the swap pic with Brooklyn.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
To much, and I don't think the Mavs will get rid of Parsons even in a rebuild right now unless he says he doesn't want to be part of it.

Plus no way I want to get rid of the 2017 pick, thats the swap pic with Brooklyn.

That in itself is kind of the problem, if he doesnt want to be part of the Mavs rebuild, why on earth would he want to be part of ours? Granted we are further ahead, but still rebuilding nonetheless.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 12:02:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Celtics Depth Chart:

I think a fair deal involves keeping James Young, the two Celtics picks and adding a bunch of second rounders back.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 12:04:05 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
salary cap wont work here.

We are at the cap unless we time this perfectly in which case we have 8 mil to play with.

Parsons makes 15 mil

Turner makes like 2 mil Young and Sully make around 3 combined.

Thats 10 mil short.

Heres where Wallaces contract could come in handy.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 12:04:19 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

That in itself is kind of the problem, if he doesnt want to be part of the Mavs rebuild, why on earth would he want to be part of ours? Granted we are further ahead, but still rebuilding nonetheless.

who cares what he wants  , he is under contract and can be traded

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 12:04:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think Parsons is pretty seriously overpaid, myself, and I certainly wouldn't send out a package like that for him.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 12:06:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

We are at the cap unless we time this perfectly in which case we have 8 mil to play with.

Parsons makes 15 mil

Thats 10 mil short.

The Lee deal hasn't been made official yet. We could just send Lee to the Mavs along with Pressey, Turner and Sully.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Parsons makes 15 mil

Thats 10 mil short.

The Lee deal hasn't been made official yet. We could just send Lee to the Mavs along with Pressey, Turner and Sully.

If the deal is not official how can we send him anywhere?

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think it's too much to give up too.  Parsons hasn't proven himself to be an elite player and the Mavs could benefit from ditching his salary if they aren't going to contend.  I'd give them Sully, Bradley, maybe Young and a first rounder down the road, but that's about it. 

Considering what they gave us for Rondo (and the perception that their first rounder would be late), I don't see this as an unfair idea at all. 

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 12:10:14 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

who cares what he wants  , he is under contract and can be traded

it matters because we would have no chance at re-signing him after this year.