Author Topic: Heat sign Gerald Green. Possible Trade for Deng Idea?  (Read 2289 times)

Heat sign Gerald Green. Possible Trade for Deng Idea?
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:34:57 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Seems like Deng is expendable now and has a favorable contract at only 10 mil. Should the C’s make a pitch at him?
On a side note, I can’t believe he’s been in the league for 11 years, didn’t realize he was that old.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:43:18 AM by jbpats »

Re: Heat sign Gerald Green. Possibly Trade for Deng Idea?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Deng, after not getting Winslow or Gerald Green. Talk about settling lol. I like Deng, but dang!

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Deng, after not getting Winslow or Gerald Green. Talk about settling lol. I like Deng, but dang!
I think Deng is a better player and fit than Gerald Green. However Green is definitely a more exciting player.

That being said, Im not sure Deng makes sense. Heat wont give him up for free and hed just be a rental.

Ainge is fine with renting out a year of cap space or a guy like G Wallace for players like Lee and Amir, but Deng would require real assets and Im not sure that makes sense.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 10:45:08 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
I think Deng is a better player and fit than Gerald Green. However Green is definitely a more exciting player.

Without question.

Re: Heat sign Gerald Green. Possible Trade for Deng Idea?
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 10:46:25 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
I mean where would Deng rank among the possible SF trade targets being thrown around the blog? I'd put him around 4th or 5th in terms of desirability.
Assuming all of these guys will deem a similar package to obtain of Sully/KO + Bradley and a pick
1) DeRozan
2) Chandler Parsons
3) Gallo
4) Deng
5) Tyreke Evans

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 10:46:58 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Love Deng as a player, pass on him for the Celtics.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 10:47:15 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

That being said, Im not sure Deng makes sense. Heat wont give him up for free and hed just be a rental.

Ainge is fine with renting out a year of cap space or a guy like G Wallace for players like Lee and Amir, but Deng would require real assets and Im not sure that makes sense.

aren't all of the names being thrown around possible rentals? Gallo and Derozan are both FA's next year as well.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 10:47:16 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Seems like Deng is expendable now and has a favorable contract at only 10 mil. Should the C’s make a pitch at him?

Yes, I like the idea of going after Deng (as I posted in the SF targets forum yesterday). An additional thing to keep in mind is that (I believe) Miami is paying tax, so they have an incentive to cut costs.

EDIT-- that said, I prefer the trade ideas for DeRozen that have been floated.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 10:49:07 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

aren't all of the names being thrown around possible rentals? Gallo and Derozan are both FA's next year as well.

Yep, this is the one thing that I can't understand. I guess it points to the fact that DA wouldn't want to give up much for any one of these players.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 10:52:59 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd love for Luol Deng to be in a Celtics uniform.

Him and David Lee at worst would pave the way for the young dudes about professionalism and hard work. At best, he's another veteran who can produce consistently and can defend.

I'm all for it, as ling as we don't give first round picks. If they'd take Avery Bradley and another player, lets do it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

yes however Deng is 30 and Gallo and Derozan are 25 and 26. You bring in Deng, it is very unlikely he is still able to play at a starting caliber level by our next championship even if we resign him. Gallo and Derozan on the other hand could be in the midst of their primes.

Lastly I am not a huge fan of giving up assets for Gallo etiher. If he can be had for very cheap then fine. If we need to give up serious assets than as with Deng, I will pass.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 10:58:15 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
Heat got GG for the vet minimum. this cant be life.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 11:03:57 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

What is his motivation to do this? Its not like hes going to be able to showcase himself for a bigger deal next year on that team and they arent likely title contenders so hes not chasing a ring.

Weird.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

What is his motivation to do this? Its not like hes going to be able to showcase himself for a bigger deal next year on that team and they arent likely title contenders so hes not chasing a ring.

Weird.

I dont know about anything anymore. This offseason has me questioning the meaning of life lol.

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 11:13:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Weird.

There must have been some complaints about him off the court.

A lot of locker room problems in Phoenix last year. A lot of criticism about selfishness. Not playing together as a team.

I wonder if some that stuff was about Gerald Green and it hurt him in FA. This is just a guess ... but given his lack of contract offers, I think there might be something to it.