Author Topic: Do you expect any other big moves? How can this roster work?  (Read 6493 times)

Re: Do you expect any other big moves? How can this roster work?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 12:23:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I expect we will trade one of the bigs at some point.  I'm less concerned about the guards because most of them will spend the season in the d league.

Amir, lee, zeller, sully and oly is a problem though.

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
based on the current roster, one would be led to believe something else is coming where Danny sends out one of KO or Sully (figuring the remaining one pairs with Lee at PF and Zeller works with Amir at Center) and probably 2 of AB/Hunter/Smart/IT/Rozier/Turner/Young.

a package of 3 of those players (and Mickey as a kicker ;) )should net a good starting-quality SF  (or so one would think)

What about Jerebko?

Between, Rozier, Hunter, Young , who is going to get reg min off the bench?

I do agree , one of KO or Sully needs to go.  Also Zeller could be traded, if another team really wants him
I threw Mickey in for your benefit Triboy.

I think Jerebko will get most of his minutes at SF tbh.  not a lot of minutes - just like last year.

as for the guards, none of them are showing they should be getting minutes right now.  I think we're primarily looking at a 4-man backcourt rotation of AB/IT/Smart/Turner.  Pressey is gone.  Young, Rozier and Hunter all in D-league.  if there's no limit to the players in D-league per team, Mickey's there too.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
There have to be some moves, because this roster isn't really manageable for CBS right now. I don't know if they'll be big moves, but there will be moves.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 12:49:48 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Just because past experience is the best indicator of future behavior, I'd say Danny has another 10 moves to make before the season is over.  Players who aren't even on the team today will probably be traded by the deadline.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm expecting:

A primary big rotation of Johnson, Zeller, Lee with Jerebko, Olynyk, and Sullinger fighting for the fourth big spot.

SF will be mostly manned by Evan Turner and Jae Crowder.  James Young will only see mop-up duty unless he can get it together on defense.  Jerebko may also see some time here.

The primary guard rotation will be Bradley/Smart/Thomas again, with Rozier and Hunter challenging for fourth guard minutes.

Mickey goes to the D-League, along with the fifth guard.  Young may also spend some time down there.

That's 14 roster spots. If Marcus Thorton goes on the Colton Iverson plan,  Ainge may keep Pressey around or may keep that spot open to maintain flexibility.

Expect the minutes distribution to look like the Spurs, who had 9 players averaging at least 18 mpg.  Any injured player will probably be given maximum time to rest and recover.  I wouldn't be shocked if Bradley is the only player who breaks 30mpg.  I might be shocked if anyone else does.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I think Mr. Ainge (and every other GM) is hoping for the George Karl/DeMarcus Cousins situation to explode. If, for some reason, the Kings decide to dump Cousins instead of their diva coach then I think David Lee could be part of the package to get him. Lee just seems like a Karl-type player to me.

Lee + Nets pick + Mavericks pick for Cousins? I dunno, I'm really bad at armchair GM stuff.

Now that you say that, Lee does seem like a pretty good fit there if they move on from Cousins this year: he's an expiring contract, good fit next to WCS/KK due to offense and boards, and brings veteran leadership. It'd probably have to be something like Lee, Rozier, Young, and the Brooklyn picks for him, though.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I'm expecting:

A primary big rotation of Johnson, Zeller, Lee with Jerebko, Olynyk, and Sullinger fighting for the fourth big spot.

SF will be mostly manned by Evan Turner and Jae Crowder.  James Young will only see mop-up duty unless he can get it together on defense.  Jerebko may also see some time here.

The primary guard rotation will be Bradley/Smart/Thomas again, with Rozier and Hunter challenging for fourth guard minutes.

Mickey goes to the D-League, along with the fifth guard.  Young may also spend some time down there.

That's 14 roster spots. If Marcus Thorton goes on the Colton Iverson plan,  Ainge may keep Pressey around or may keep that spot open to maintain flexibility.

Expect the minutes distribution to look like the Spurs, who had 9 players averaging at least 18 mpg.  Any injured player will probably be given maximum time to rest and recover.  I wouldn't be shocked if Bradley is the only player who breaks 30mpg.  I might be shocked if anyone else does.

I agree with this, and there is nothing wrong with having a little competition for playing time.  No need to rush moves now unless if the right deal comes along.  I'd like to see how things play out with this group.  During the season we are going to have lots of flexibility to increase talent at any position either in smaller trades or bigger ones using Johnson's and Lee's contracts if the right deal comes along.

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 01:12:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I want to see an all power forward lineup at least once.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I want to see an all power forward lineup at least once.

I think you mean an all-"big" lineup. "Power forward" is soooooo 2014.

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 01:42:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'm expecting:

I agree with this, and there is nothing wrong with having a little competition for playing time.  No need to rush moves now unless if the right deal comes along.  I'd like to see how things play out with this group.  During the season we are going to have lots of flexibility to increase talent at any position either in smaller trades or bigger ones using Johnson's and Lee's contracts if the right deal comes along.

If sully or ko or zeller sit for too long, their values will dip.

Look at what happened with Lee. He is a better player than Wallace.

A move or two needs to be made. 

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 03:05:49 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Sully, Bradley & Olynyk are likely to get traded as they are easily replaceable but i won't be surprised if Smart is traded too depending on what we can get.

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 03:18:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Sully, Bradley & Olynyk are likely to get traded as they are easily replaceable but i won't be surprised if Smart is traded too depending on what we can get.
I can't see Smart getting traded unless its in a package to get something major back like an established allstar (Cousins) or a better prospect (Noel).

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
As of today…

Depth Chart (assuming Pressey and Babb are gone)

PG- Smart, Thomas,

SG- Bradley, Rozier, Hunter

SF- Turner, Crowder, Young

PF- Lee, Sullinger, Jerebko, Mickey

C- Johnson, Olynyk, Zeller

* The D-League guys are in italics

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 03:35:52 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
As of today…

PG- Smart, Thomas,

Wouldn't Jerebko be at SF and Oly at PF?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
As of today…

PG- Smart, Thomas,

Wouldn't Jerebko be at SF and Oly at PF?
12 man rotation's don't really work.  A few more of those guys will need to ride the pine.  Probably Zeller, Jerebko and Rozier based on your chart.