Author Topic: Do you expect any other big moves? How can this roster work?  (Read 6485 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I do expect at least one more big move.  We need to trade an extra body or two and hopefully can get a better sf back.

Otherwise , which 2 pfs and guards will be out of the rotation?

Re: Do you expect any other big moves? How can this roster work?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:29:01 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
based on the current roster, one would be led to believe something else is coming where Danny sends out one of KO or Sully (figuring the remaining one pairs with Lee at PF and Zeller works with Amir at Center) and probably 2 of AB/Hunter/Smart/IT/Rozier/Turner/Young.

a package of 3 of those players (and Mickey as a kicker ;) )should net a good starting-quality SF  (or so one would think)

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:32:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
based on the current roster, one would be led to believe something else is coming where Danny sends out one of KO or Sully (figuring the remaining one pairs with Lee at PF and Zeller works with Amir at Center) and probably 2 of AB/Hunter/Smart/IT/Rozier/Turner/Young.

a package of 3 of those players (and Mickey as a kicker ;) )should net a good starting-quality SF  (or so one would think)

No need to trade Mickey.  I think also Pressey will stay.
Pressey is the only pure pg remaining on the team

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 10:38:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

What about Jerebko?

Between, Rozier, Hunter, Young , who is going to get reg min off the bench?

I do agree , one of KO or Sully needs to go.  Also Zeller could be traded, if another team really wants him

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 10:38:56 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I know this is be easy answer, but I think Danny will react to the circumstances at hand and make a deal if there is a good one to be had. Ideally, I do think he'd like to consolidate some of our young assets at guard and PF for a SF. But I also think he will go into the season with the roster as it is if the right deal doesn't come along.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 10:49:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I know this is be easy answer, but I think Danny will react to the circumstances at hand and make a deal if there is a good one to be had. Ideally, I do think he'd like to consolidate some of our young assets at guard and PF for a SF. But I also think he will go into the season with the roster as it is if the right deal doesn't come along.

If that is the case, it is going to be a headache for CBS to manage  the roster/min on the court

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 11:41:05 AM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
I think Mr. Ainge (and every other GM) is hoping for the George Karl/DeMarcus Cousins situation to explode. If, for some reason, the Kings decide to dump Cousins instead of their diva coach then I think David Lee could be part of the package to get him. Lee just seems like a Karl-type player to me.

Lee + Nets pick + Mavericks pick for Cousins? I dunno, I'm really bad at armchair GM stuff.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 11:47:07 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think we will see a move before July 15th for a SF/Swing player. I expect the deal to include one of our bigs, Bradley or Turner, Pressey and maybe a pick. The deal will happen before the 15th so that another team can waive Pressey's non guaranteed deal.

I will be upset if Pressey is on the team next year. The only reasonable way for him to make the team imo is if we do a blockbuster deal and need him to fill out the roster.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 11:48:05 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I think Mr. Ainge (and every other GM) is hoping for the George Karl/DeMarcus Cousins situation to explode. If, for some reason, the Kings decide to dump Cousins instead of their diva coach then I think David Lee could be part of the package to get him. Lee just seems like a Karl-type player to me.

Lee + Nets pick + Mavericks pick for Cousins? I dunno, I'm really bad at armchair GM stuff.

Is it worth not pursuing a deal now with the hope that the Cousins situation blows up? I don't think the C's can afford to pass on a deal now just to hope to maybe one day get Cousins.
Also its important to note, if and when Cousins becomes possibly available there will be a line of teams trying to get him.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 11:50:41 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I think that Sullinger's deal being up clearly makes him a candidate to be traded. Lee would also be an attractive piece for a team looking for bench help but his big contract makes a trade match difficult. Turner could help some teams and his contract is very moveable.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 12:00:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Too bad Knicks won't deal Melo. Think Lee, Sully, Turner, Young, Rozier and two Brooklyn 1st would have be a OK deal. Melo would fit the need for scoring with the starters and get guys easier looks.
Starters- Smart, AB, Melo, AJ, Zeller
Main bench- IT, Crowder, KO
Deep bench-Hunter, Jerekbo, Mickey
Oh well..

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 12:09:36 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Quote-
 I think also Pressey will stay.

I think I may have just vomited in my mouth a little. A Pressey apologist, are you his dad or something? Kid doesn't belong on the red claws let alone an nba squad.

Btw- RJ Hunter is so bad, easily one of Ainge's worst picks of all time, and his YMCA rec league jumpshot is still better than Phil (Nepotism) Pressey any day of the week.

To the OP- yeah someone needs to go. Hopefully Pressey and Hunter.  ;D
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 12:15:03 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The fact that Danny wants to move our dreck does not mean anyone will want our dreck. We just went through this with the draft, which resulted in little other than further dreck acquisition.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 12:15:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Quote-
 I think also Pressey will stay.

I think I may have just vomited in my mouth a little. A Pressey apologist, are you his dad or something? Kid doesn't belong on the red claws let alone an nba squad.

Btw- RJ Hunter is so bad, easily one of Ainge's worst picks of all time, and his YMCA rec league jumpshot is still better than Phil (Nepotism) Pressey any day of the week.

To the OP- yeah someone needs to go. Hopefully Pressey and Hunter.  ;D
RJ Hunter has played 2 summer league games.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 12:22:49 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I expect Danny Trade away Sully/Kelly/Turner and we play the rookies and tank
He will also try to trade Amir/Lee if they played well