Author Topic: Effect on Celtics 2016 1st rounder from The DJ-cision  (Read 6785 times)

Re: Effect on Celtics 2016 1st rounder from The DJ-cision
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 11:44:53 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If they decide to tank, we have to figure out a way to get Parsons.

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 12:02:03 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
What we have to hope for is this:

Dallas goes out and signs Seraphin, rolls with JJ, Matthews, Parsons, Dirk and Seraphin.
They get a decent bench AND

they start off HOT and look playoff bound....THEN AFTER the TRADE DEADLINE injuries and internal conflict leading them to bottom 6 record. Lottery draft happens and they end up with #8 in 2016. Couple that with Brooklyn winning the lottery and giving the pick to DA!!!

Perfect storm

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 12:05:58 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Dallas was the 8 seed this past year and they beat out New Orleans and OKC. They lose Chandler & Ellis and basically have no point guard. How could they possible make the playoffs? I can't see it with McGee/Seraphin or anyone else that seems available.

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 12:49:40 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Dallas tanking won't be easy. They aren't a playoff team, but to bottom out, they have to get rid of Dirk and Parsons. I'm not sure that's all that likely. With those two, plus Carlisle, I can't see them being one of the 7 worst non-playoff teams. You can say you want to tank, but its harder to do with veterans around unless you actually trade all your talent away. The Knicks last year sort of did that (though they were pretty bad as-is, and they got "lucky" w/ Melo's injury), and Philly has been doing that for a few years more blatantly than any team I can ever recall, but, again, tanking isn't really an option if you have vets like Dallas.

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 01:02:42 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
If they decide to tank, we have to figure out a way to get Parsons.

He had microfracture surgery, him and Wes Matthews are both massive injury risks