Author Topic: Two Part Trade Idea: Raptors & Celtics  (Read 2820 times)

Re: Two Part Trade Idea: Raptors & Celtics
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 09:06:33 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Valanciunas is their only center and still has potential. He's not going anywhere.

If they really think Derozen is leaving, they'll shop him around and someone will absolutely give them a better deal than what you're talking about offering. Even if you think Lowry is the better overall player, he's also the older player and Derozen has been the team's leader scorer for a few years now and you underrate him defensively. They're not trading their best shot at a star player for some role players and a middling pick.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 09:09:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Valanciunas is their only center and still has potential. He's not going anywhere.

If they really think Derozen is leaving, they'll shop him around and someone will absolutely give them a better deal than what you're talking about offering. Even if you think Lowry is the better overall player, he's also the older player and Derozen has been the team's leader scorer for a few years now and you underrate him defensively. They're not trading their best shot at a star player for some role players and a middling pick.

Maybe ... but I think you're overestimating what they could get for a guy who's got only one year left on his deal.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 09:28:59 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Maybe ... but I think you're overestimating what they could get for a guy who's got only one year left on his deal.

And let's face it: DeRozen isn't the model of efficiency. I started the thread -- i'll admit it. But I like the value if he could be had for some of our moving parts.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 09:30:12 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

For an all star SG in a league that's pretty weak at that position right now? They could get a lot.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 09:35:44 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

For an all star SG in a league that's pretty weak at that position right now? They could get a lot.

He made one All-Star game. Not last year. Good player. Could be Kevin Martin. Could be better. But no one is giving up a kings ransom for him.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)