Author Topic: Wild Guess: Gallinari  (Read 6953 times)

Wild Guess: Gallinari
« on: July 08, 2015, 02:53:12 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Nuggets put Gallo on the trade block a couple weeks ago:  http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/24/8843099/danilo-gallinari-trade-rumors-nuggets

Boston needs shooting.  Boston needs an upgrade at SF (too many PF's and guards).   Ainge loves buy-low candidates.  Can't imagine the price will be high.  Denver is seemingly building around youth (Mudiay and Nurkic). 

Constantly injured, but he's 26 years old and post all-star he put up:  18.6 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.3 steals on 44%/40%/89% shooting in 24 games.  Career 37% shooter from three (when he wasn't in a hospital bed).  He did this a couple months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3T7quja1JE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGBjpBMnHVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbyJ5weKuBU

He'd fit Brad's offense, right?  Someone needs to stretch the floor while Thomas and Lee run their pick-and-rolls.  I figure we'd have to give up Turner and one of the suddenly expendable bigs to get it done.   More?  Less?  I dunno.  You guys figure it out. 

Low risk:  11 mil expiring contract.

If you want to try to loop this in with a Ty Lawson trade, it would make some sense, but taking on that amount of salary would be a little complicated without giving up both Bradley and Thomas.    Would going after Wilson Chandler (7 mil expiring?) make more sense?

Bonus:  Gallo and Lee were teammates on a 29 win 2009-10 Knicks team... so they have some familiarity playing together on a middling also-ran. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:09:02 AM by LarBrd33 »

Re: Wild Guess: Gallinari
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 03:04:12 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Might as well. Riddled with injuries, though. I can see the value similar to Lee's... would be nice if he could truly contribute.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 03:07:17 AM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
Depends on the trade package but I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Gallo for picks and potentially AB.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 03:17:37 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I think he makes a lot of sense judging by the kind of moves we're making this offseason. I've always been a fan of Gallinari's game, and judging by that first clip he hasn't lost the little bit of quickness he had to get to the rim after all of the injuries. I doubt it would take much to get it done.

Turner, Sully/Olynyk, maybe our 1st for next year?

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 03:45:12 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I think he makes a lot of sense judging by the kind of moves we're making this offseason. I've always been a fan of Gallinari's game, and judging by that first clip he hasn't lost the little bit of quickness he had to get to the rim after all of the injuries. I doubt it would take much to get it done.

Turner, Sully/Olynyk, maybe our 1st for next year?
I think there'd be a fair share of anger if we gave up Turner + Sully to get Gallinari, but it seems like the kind of move that would make sense.   

I obviously hope we have better targets that would cost less than that, but Gallo is my wild guess as of right now.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 03:55:36 AM »

Offline jdrocko

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'd love to see Gallinari in green...I'm just wondering if we still have Rondo's TPE for grab him with a first round pick and then pack other players (AB, Turner, Sully, Olynyk, Young) in a deal for a star

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 04:08:37 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I do not see how the trade can look like.

For Boston it only makes sense if we do not give up picks or young players. For Denver, it only makes sense if it involves picks and young players.

Gallo is cool, otherwise. He will improve our painful offense significantly, provided he is healthy.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 04:25:30 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Maybe, but maybe Crowder continues to step up and becomes a legit strter at the 3

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 04:31:09 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Maybe, but maybe Crowder continues to step up and becomes a legit strter at the 3
Doubt that happens.  Crowder is a nice role player off the bench.  Gives you defensive intensity, some heady plays, and aggression.  Not much of an offensive weapon.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 07:36:29 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
I'd be on board with the trade idea. I think he'll do wonders for the offense. My only concern would be defense, especially if him and D Lee are starting. But I think having him on the team definitely gives the Celtics a legitimate shot at being a playoff team... Assuming that's what we want.
- LilRip

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 07:45:17 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I'm all in on Gallo.

But is it a match...will the Celtics give up what the Nuggets want??

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 07:58:57 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Bradley, Turner, Zeller

For

Gallo, Foye

Is that giving up too much? 

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 08:01:12 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I was going to say maybe Zeller and Turner for Gallo but the salaries don't match.  Gallo makes 11.5 million this year so given where our current saleries stand it's going to be hard to make a trade.  Maybe if we somehow keep the Rondo TE.

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 08:15:01 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
I think Bradley & Turner works but not sure why Denver would want it.

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 08:22:48 AM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
I'd pass on Gallinari. He has shot over 42% from the field once and misses a good chunk of games due to injury pretty much every year.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.