Author Topic: C's targetting a SF?  (Read 11209 times)

C's targetting a SF?
« on: July 08, 2015, 01:22:40 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Would be nice to get a bit of a surprise and see Danny make a move for a guy like Gordon Hayward.  Not sure why Utah would move him though.  With the addition of David Lee and Amir we can move one of our big men, guards and picks.

Do you think Utah would go for Sully, Young and picks for a guy like Hayward?

Re: C's targetting a SF?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 01:31:44 AM »

Offline BraxVitto

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
With the way James Young is playing right now, I think they would sooner want Chris Babb. Doubt Utah has any interest in trading Hayward anyway.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 01:36:38 AM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
Would be nice to get a bit of a surprise and see Danny make a move for a guy like Gordon Hayward.  Not sure why Utah would move him though.  With the addition of David Lee and Amir we can move one of our big men, guards and picks.

If Utah showed any interested in that type of package I would hope Danny pulls the trigger in a heartbeat.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 01:40:14 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We need to upgrade PG, SG, SF and C.   We have a viable starting PF now, though.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 02:22:17 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Wilson Chandler or Gallinari are my wild guesses. 

I was trying to think of a clever way that we could get one of those guys while also acquiring Ty Lawson, but I don't see how we could make the salaries match.  It seems to me that Denver is going youth around Mudiay and Nurkic, though... so it's something to keep an eye on.

Could you do something whacky to clean up the mess like Bradley, Sully, Avery, Turner, Zeller and Young for Lawson and Gallinari? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ocgr6xc

Lol people would be so mad. 

But PG - Lawson, SG - Smart, SF - Gallo, PF - Lee, C - Amir with Thomas, Oly, Crowder, Jerebko, Rozier... makes some sense.

Highly unlikely.  I could see us making a move for for one of the SF's though.

Actually now that I think about it, with Lawson as an upgrade over Thomas, I guess you could just go Thomas + Bradley + Sully for Lawson + Gallo. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:43:34 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 02:43:34 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
We have a boatload of guards.

Would be wise to upgrade the SF position. Turner is not in the long-term plan. Crowder is best used as a backup.

Still lacking a rim protector, but at least we got the rebounding woes solved in David Lee.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 06:36:49 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Is there some other reason that the Jazz would trade Hayward besides "it would be really nice for the Celtics."

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 06:53:21 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
They are obviously trying to shop James Young, which is why this fictional 20 pounds of muscle story came into play in the first place. Not sure that kid can play though.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 07:19:53 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Wilson Chandler or Gallinari are my wild guesses. 

I was trying to think of a clever way that we could get one of those guys while also acquiring Ty Lawson, but I don't see how we could make the salaries match.  It seems to me that Denver is going youth around Mudiay and Nurkic, though... so it's something to keep an eye on.

Could you do something whacky to clean up the mess like Bradley, Sully, Avery, Turner, Zeller and Young for Lawson and Gallinari? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ocgr6xc

Lol people would be so mad. 

But PG - Lawson, SG - Smart, SF - Gallo, PF - Lee, C - Amir with Thomas, Oly, Crowder, Jerebko, Rozier... makes some sense.

Highly unlikely.  I could see us making a move for for one of the SF's though.

Actually now that I think about it, with Lawson as an upgrade over Thomas, I guess you could just go Thomas + Bradley + Sully for Lawson + Gallo.
  The first trade you suggested includes Zeller for some reason, thus leaving us with no actual center, just a bunch of power forwards/occasional backup centers to be used now as centers. I have come to embrace small ball but this is really pushing the envelope. The second trade idea makes more sense for both teams, though it leaves us very thin at guard besides Lawson and Smart in terms of proven ability. Who knows if any of our young guys can actually play? Turner would be the only reliable guy right now and he can't shoot the 3. Maybe I would do the second proposal, but I still wonder about Gallinari as a long term solution at the 3.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 07:22:33 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
I'm gonna throw out a crazy name, but just hear me out:  Andre Drummond.

I KNOW the Pistons would be idiots to trade him.  Anyone would be out of their mind to trade him.  But as of right now they haven't given him an extension even though AD, Lillard, even Reggie Jackson got an extension before Drummond.

The Pistons as is have next to no one on their roster.  Go to NBA Trade Machine and take a look at how many players just had their contracts expire and how many players they now have under contract.  Keep in mind the only notable additions to their team have been Stanley Johnson and Ilyasova.

If Drummond wants an extension, and Boston offers Detroit Bradley, Sully, ET, and Zeller and picks (say Dallas and some 2nds, or even Brooklyn protected) are they dumb enough to sign and trade him?

They might go for quantity over quantity due to the fact their roster is so depleted.  Van Gundy had Otis Smith do it to him in Orlando when they traded Bass for Baby and Von Wafer.  Would Van Gundy do it himself?  Even if it involved a player as talented as Drummond? OKC did it to Harden after he won 6th man of the year.

I'm not saying I'm right.  I'm just saying it's worth consideration.

Keep in mind Danny thinks big. Gallo and Chandler are small potatoes.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 07:35:43 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I don't think he'd make a very good Small Forward.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 07:41:26 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
They are obviously trying to shop James Young, which is why this fictional 20 pounds of muscle story came into play in the first place. Not sure that kid can play though.

Yep--just like Sully's fictional weight loss last spring.

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 07:42:28 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I KNOW the Pistons would be idiots to trade him.  Anyone would be out of their mind to trade him.  But as of right now they haven't given him an extension even though AD, Lillard, even Reggie Jackson got an extension before Drummond.

The Pistons as is have next to no one on their roster.  Go to NBA Trade Machine and take a look at how many players just had their contracts expire and how many players they now have under contract.  Keep in mind the only notable additions to their team have been Stanley Johnson and Ilyasova.

If Drummond wants an extension, and Boston offers Detroit Bradley, Sully, ET, and Zeller and picks (say Dallas and some 2nds, or even Brooklyn protected) are they dumb enough to sign and trade him?

They might go for quantity over quantity due to the fact their roster is so depleted.  Van Gundy had Otis Smith do it to him in Orlando when they traded Bass for Baby and Von Wafer.  Would Van Gundy do it himself?  Even if it involved a player as talented as Drummond? OKC did it to Harden after he won 6th man of the year.

I'm not saying I'm right.  I'm just saying it's worth consideration.

Keep in mind Danny thinks big. Gallo and Chandler are small potatoes.

Not anywhere the value of what Drummond could bring.

I don't think he'd make a very good Small Forward.

Lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 07:42:48 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

No.

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 07:55:49 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
We have a boatload of guards.

Would be wise to upgrade the SF position. Turner is not in the long-term plan. Crowder is best used as a backup.

Still lacking a rim protector, but at least we got the rebounding woes solved in David Lee.

Ainge has had multiple chances to get a sf here.  Maybe he saw jeff green as a long term plan and went with young as opposed to hood, but this year he has dekker and rhj and he gets a guy that might be a starting pg on a losing team one day.  He needs to start drafting for need especially when there's not a big difference between need and best player available.