Author Topic: We should go for DeRozan  (Read 3866 times)

Re: We should go for DeRozan
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 09:46:30 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Always a good plan to start a thread like this about an hour after someone else so we can be sure to have a disjointed discussion about the guy.

this thread was created 24 hours ago read the top one
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 10:23:15 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
I view Derozan as a poor man's D-Wade. I'm not sure if his skillset lines up with the team at the moment, but his talent would undeniably outweigh any stylistic concerns as long as the Celtics could get him for a fair package (which seems to be the stickling point here).

The problem with DeRozan is he thinks he's Kobe.

I view him more as a rich mans Evan Turner, I don't really like guards who can't shoot 3's so I'd pass.

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 10:38:52 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 10:44:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I view Derozan as a poor man's D-Wade. I'm not sure if his skillset lines up with the team at the moment, but his talent would undeniably outweigh any stylistic concerns as long as the Celtics could get him for a fair package (which seems to be the stickling point here).

I view him more as a rich mans Evan Turner, I don't really like guards who can't shoot 3's so I'd pass.

So if you cross a poor Dwayne Wade with a rich Evan Turner, you get Demar Derozan.

Excellent analysis ???

Funny because every time we've played the Raptors, Derozan always seems to score and score really well.

Is there another Demar Derozan you're thinking of or that you've been watching because the one I've been following would be an upgrade over Bradley

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 09:59:42 AM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White

So if you cross a poor Dwayne Wade with a rich Evan Turner, you get Demar Derozan.

Excellent analysis ???

Funny because every time we've played the Raptors, Derozan always seems to score and score really well.

Is there another Demar Derozan you're thinking of or that you've been watching because the one I've been following would be an upgrade over Bradley

LOL at the Wade comparison. There is no Wade in his game.

Rich man's Evan Turner is exactly what DeRozan is.  A volume scorer who prefers mid range and can't shoot the three.  He's a good player, but we already have Evan Turner on the cheap.  Demar DeRozan can't really guard Small Forwards so he'd be better suited at the 2.

If the Raptors trade him it's because they want to move from his style of play.   

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 10:20:31 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Excellent analysis ???

if that's the metric you use to evaluate players on other teams, there'd be a huge list of players that look like all world against the C's but not against anyone else.

Derozan's an ok player but not one that really move the needle for us.  besides, if we're going after other players in the league, another guard is at the bottom of the list.