Author Topic: Gallo  (Read 7406 times)

Re: Gallo
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 06:53:43 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
That was a great video and I like him even more now. Not afraid to take the shots, can drive, hits free throws and is 6'10".

He could be a great addition if not too costly or we can wait until Young can do any of this.

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 07:00:04 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
What will it take to get gallo and lawson?  Ab + ?

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 07:59:44 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
would offer sullinger+picks for him, should be able to fit under cap if they are able to unload turner and trade for him prior to trading for david lee and signing crowder and their picks

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 08:02:47 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The only way I would consider trading for him is if he shaved those pubes off his face.  That beard is just awful.

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 08:07:31 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Not often you see a guy score over 45 points due almost entirely to defender indifference, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGBjpBMnHVk
On an important side note. That has to be the worst beard I've ever seen

It reminds me of a beard I had when I was 19 and working in an ice cream shop one summer.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 08:30:01 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Plus Gallo has an expiring contract 11.5 million for this year then UFA

I'm not sure but that may be doable with all these TPEs and stuff that I don't understand. Cmon salary cap experts is this doable?

Not an expert, but our TPE's are done for unless Amir will sign for an extra year. If they sign him for 2 years it can only be with cap room. If they sign him for three years there is a possibility of a sign and trade with Toronto.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 11:06:12 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/boston-celtics-team-salary/

Boston is at 66.5 mil assuming they cut babb, now they can delay signing crowder, and he'll count toward the cap only 1.1 million, instead of the 6.1 mill, takes boston's cap number down to 61.5 million. The cap for next year is heavily rumored to be 69.1, that leaves them about 7.6 million under the cap, so to trade for gallo we need just to fit his salary underneath the cap, so they need to move only around 4 million worth of salary. Note we can trade for lee after we go over the cap, by adding Presley  to the deal, and also sign crowder to his deal as we hold his bird rights after they are over the cap.

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What will it take to get gallo and lawson?  Ab + ?

There's really no way to make the salaries work.

Perhaps Lawson + Chandler though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 06:37:36 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Gallinari's injury history is a concern.  My other concern is that he's not afraid the chuck the ball and he shoots like a pig.  .416 FG% for his career.  Clang!!

Danny should go after Wilson Chandler.  He's an injury risk too but he's a better all-around player.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 11:24:46 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Gallinari's injury history is a concern.  My other concern is that he's not afraid the chuck the ball and he shoots like a pig.  .416 FG% for his career.  Clang!!

Danny should go after Wilson Chandler.  He's an injury risk too but he's a better all-around player.

Gallo in my opinion has the ability to be a scoring machine in the NBA under the right coach, plus at 6'10, and decent lateral quickness, I don't see why he can't be better than Wilson Chandler.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 11:28:26 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Gallo in my opinion has the ability to be a scoring machine in the NBA under the right coach, plus at 6'10, and decent lateral quickness, I don't see why he can't be better than Wilson Chandler.

I think Gallo has a bigger upside but possibly as big of a downside. If I'm a gambler, I roll with Gallo.

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 11:28:50 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The great Ryan Bernardoni, aka dangercart on Twitter has shown how the assets we still have to trade and the available space combined with the needs of the roster, make it really likely that Danny is pursuing trading for Danillo Gallinari.  If you are in Twitter you should follow him and read his reasoning. It's "shaking with excitement" kind of stuff.
i made a thread a couple says ago making a wild guess that we would trade for Gallo.  He's been on the trade block. It would make sense.  1 year deal that is low risk, but I'd guess we would have to sacrifice one of the young bigs.

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 11:30:02 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Pass on all the Nuggets players they all over paid mediocre players. We have enough of those. Oh wait I forgot when cap goes up they will be bargains. Still doesn't matter this team needs elite talent.

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 11:30:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Could you post me video of his lateral quickness, because I have yet to see it.

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 03:24:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Could you post me video of his lateral quickness, because I have yet to see it.

I said decent. Now if you ever watched Gallo, then you would know his foot speed is not as 'slow,' as people make it out to be. Watch 2015 highlights and you see him clearly driving past most of his defenders.

Besides defense isn't just athletically being competent, its about effort and hustle. If anyone can convince a player to buy in, its CBS in my opinion.

Gallo in my opinion is still someone I would take a one year risk out on when compared to Parsons, and Chandler.

I don't get the hype around Parsons. Yes hes a good role player, but he was overrated because of his cheap 2nd round contract, and is overrated again for his overpaid contract. Chandler is a serviceable role player, but Gallanari for his deep 3 pt range, solid fundamentals offensively, and height is what could lead me to believe with the right coach Gallo could be a star.

Plus hes ITALIAN! Come on, do you know how many fun nicknames we can make out of our team?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 03:29:32 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different