Author Topic: Gallo  (Read 7420 times)

Gallo
« on: July 07, 2015, 06:26:57 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
The great Ryan Bernardoni, aka dangercart on Twitter has shown how the assets we still have to trade and the available space combined with the needs of the roster, make it really likely that Danny is pursuing trading for Danillo Gallinari.  If you are in Twitter you should follow him and read his reasoning. It's "shaking with excitement" kind of stuff.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

Re: Gallo
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If this was Gallo two knee surgeries ago I would be much more excited. Dude's a fun player to watch, but he looked haggard last year.

That said, he's about to turn 27(?) so it's possible he eeks out a few more good years.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Gallo I can see as a Stevens type of player. He would finally give us the much needed shooting that Ainge has been stating he's looking for forever now, and he actually looked very good late last season , finally getting over the knee issues.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 06:31:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
At this point Wilson Chandler is probably a safer bet to help the team win games, though Gallo had some really high scoring performances at the end of this past season.

I'd be all for trading Bradley and Turner for Gallo.  Make the team even wackier and creates even more cap space for next summer.

Let's head into next summer saying, "They've got room for THREE max deals!" and watch as Danny uses the cap space on one and two year rentals again.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 06:32:52 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
If this was Gallo two knee surgeries ago I would be much more excited. Dude's a fun player to watch, but he looked haggard last year.

That said, he's about to turn 27(?) so it's possible he eeks out a few more good years.

Didn't he have a 40+ point game this past season after he returned? Did anyone on the Celtics have a 40 pt game?  Look at his Mar 22 game vs Orlando

40 pts, 7 rebounds, 3 stls, 10-11 FT

If it isn't too costly I say go for it.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 06:34:54 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Didn't he have a 40+ point game this past season after he returned? Did anyone on the Celtics have a 40 pt game?  Look at his Mar 22 game vs Orlando

By that logic, why didn't we sign Mo Williams -- he broke 50 this year, after all.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 06:35:06 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Are people that excited about Gallinari? I like him but I'm not sure a Sully/Zeller, Turner, Pressey and a pick deal does that much for us. His best position is probably the 4 which we have plenty of.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 06:35:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Are people that excited about Gallinari? I like him but I'm not sure a Sully/Zeller, Turner, Pressey and a pick deal does that much for us. His best position is probably the 4 which we have plenty of.

I would trade all/any of our power forwards that are not Amir Johnson for him.

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 06:36:00 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I don't think it's any coincidence that Danny is taking a chance on talented, often-injured players like Amir. If he gets hurt and can't make it through the season he has an option to sit him and aim for ping pong balls while still being able to make the case to Brad that he's trying to put a winner together. I think that's a huge reason he'd be ok with Gallo.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 06:36:21 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Get the Italian Stallion! He would definitely fill a need at the SF position.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

By that logic, why didn't we sign Mo Williams -- he broke 50 this year, after all.

Because we already have what 9 guards on the roster? plus I don't think people would like his 39% fg%  Gallo is a .355 3pt shooter at 6'10" .

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 06:41:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Because he follows THE Lebron James like a puppy dog hoping to catch some scraps.

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 06:43:43 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Plus Gallo has an expiring contract 11.5 million for this year then UFA

I'm not sure but that may be doable with all these TPEs and stuff that I don't understand. Cmon salary cap experts is this doable?

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 06:46:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Not often you see a guy score over 45 points due almost entirely to defender indifference, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGBjpBMnHVk

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 06:49:26 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Not often you see a guy score over 45 points due almost entirely to defender indifference, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGBjpBMnHVk
On an important side note. That has to be the worst beard I've ever seen
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19