Author Topic: It's hilarious how the fanbase has turned 180 and would "rather have" Wallace  (Read 25741 times)

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Are you saying you had something against Kris Humphries?

He regained his form on the Celtics and DA was able to swap him for assets later --
A 2nd round pick and a trade exception.  This trade exception was later used to absorb a salary in the Rondo trade which yielded us:

Brandan Wright, Jameer Nelson, Jae Crowder, and future 1st and 2nd round pick.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4716424/breakdown-how-cs-get-12-9m-exception

In any case, David Lee gives us a better big man in the present, who may later be swapped for additional assets down the road if the opportunity presents itself.  I don't see a downside.  At worse, we just let his contract expire and get 15m in cap space freed up for free agency in 2016.

Acquiring David Lee:

- Makes the team worse defensively, somehow
- Means a starting spot will probably be used on a 30+ guy with no future here
- Makes the team more likely to finish in the middle of the pack
- Means we have to watch David Lee for at least 20 minutes a night 75+ times

David Lee on the Celts is basically a redux of Kris Humphries, without any of the easy Kardashian jokes.

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
"It's hilarious" in the thread title? Is it that necessary for you to tell us how much better you are than us? Thanks, thanks man for kicking us when we are down. Nice downer/negative thread making fun of us, you are an amazing human being, noble prize worthy individual here. At least I feel much worse about myself after reading this thread title than I did before so I have that going for me now.

Are you serious or is this a joke???
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
"It's hilarious" in the thread title? Is it that necessary for you to tell us how much better you are than us? Thanks, thanks man for kicking us when we are down. Nice downer/negative thread making fun of us, you are an amazing human being, noble prize worthy individual here. At least I feel much worse about myself after reading this thread title than I did before so I have that going for me now.

This post justifies having "it's hilarious" in the thread title.  What would we do without being entertained by people like you?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

This post justifies having "it's hilarious" in the thread title.  What would we do without being entertained by people like you?

Lol.  Couldn't agree more.  That post was so over the top that I thought it had to be a joke.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline 34truth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • ubuntu
Tankers need to understand this team isnt going to tank anymore. Stevens is too good of a coach, plus theres too many assets in hand. The tanking seasons are done. Last one shouldve been one but thomas came along and the team found itself. Now, the clear goal is getting better everyday

Offline 34truth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • ubuntu
In case you forgotten, they tried to tank when they literally blew up the team mid season and it still didnt work. They still weren't bad enough. They are done trying to do that

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yeah instead we get David Lee.

Sweet.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah instead we get David Lee.

Sweet.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
I mean if David Lee and Evan Turner lead us to a 50 win season I'll be ecstatic I just don't see it.

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Do people really think that if we make the playoffs again with a win total in the 40s -- and maybe win a game this time! -- that big name free agents will suddenly be clamoring to sign here?
No, but you can't deny that it would probably make our chances better compared to if we finished last in the East ::)

This is not a -------------> line.
This is a <--------------->

If you finish last in the East, you get a really good shot at the top pick in the draft.

Right, a pick in which you draft a player who could just as easily stink up the joint as he could succeed.
I'll take the playoffs every time.

Danny Ainge doesn't agree with you.  Neither do I.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Here's the thing:

Optimists around here like to talk about how young our team is.  How the team is succeeding despite having all of these young guys with a bright future.

Yet, we're currently on track to give significant minutes and major roles to Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, Evan Turner, David Lee, and Amir Johnson.

A veritable parade of guys who are what they are and whose main value to the team is that they might fetch some value in a trade.

If this sounds familiar, it's basically the same spot the team was in heading into last season.  So we've gone through a full year of rebuild and the team is, if anything, more cluttered with "assets" and we can't even place our hopes on a top 10 picking coming our way.

The saving grace of a rebuilding team is typically that there are a handful of young guys who occasionally flash the potential to turn into something special, guys you can grow attached to and imagine as the future of the franchise. 

No such luck here.

Basically, refer to my "Revolving Door" post.

No way man our team is so good dude they're gonna be stars we just gotta let 'em develop why do you hate the Celtics you evil man you.

Lee averaged 18.2 points and 9.3 rebounds per game on 52.3-percent shooting in the 2013-14 season and then got hurt . Now all of a sudden he is suppose to suck? I don't get it.

His offense is mitigated by his defense, and his numbers are empty. He has consistently struggled to find playing time on a championship-caliber team, and he has never been the primary player on a winning team.

If you want more evidence of his greatness, look at his tenure with the Knicks. Contrast that with their win-loss ratio.

I don't think he was traded to be the savior.  He has an expiring contract and value as trade bait. He is a good player and more value than Gerald Wallace.

You are under the perception that he is the answer to all the FA's that we didn't sign. This is a no brainer for Ainge.

Trade bait for who???
Nobody was willing to get him for scraps all of last year!
You should study up on how the salary cap works. I will type this slow so that you can comprehend it.  When the trade deadline comes up and a bad team needs to rebuild they may need to get rid of a max contract player and they will trade for Lee's expiring contract to get out from the max player. It is a win win situation for the Celtics. They might be able to get a good player or they can just let the contract expire.

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Here's the thing:

Optimists around here like to talk about how young our team is.  How the team is succeeding despite having all of these young guys with a bright future.

Yet, we're currently on track to give significant minutes and major roles to Isaiah Thomas, Avery Bradley, Evan Turner, David Lee, and Amir Johnson.

A veritable parade of guys who are what they are and whose main value to the team is that they might fetch some value in a trade.

If this sounds familiar, it's basically the same spot the team was in heading into last season.  So we've gone through a full year of rebuild and the team is, if anything, more cluttered with "assets" and we can't even place our hopes on a top 10 picking coming our way.

The saving grace of a rebuilding team is typically that there are a handful of young guys who occasionally flash the potential to turn into something special, guys you can grow attached to and imagine as the future of the franchise. 

No such luck here.

Basically, refer to my "Revolving Door" post.

No way man our team is so good dude they're gonna be stars we just gotta let 'em develop why do you hate the Celtics you evil man you.

Lee averaged 18.2 points and 9.3 rebounds per game on 52.3-percent shooting in the 2013-14 season and then got hurt . Now all of a sudden he is suppose to suck? I don't get it.

His offense is mitigated by his defense, and his numbers are empty. He has consistently struggled to find playing time on a championship-caliber team, and he has never been the primary player on a winning team.

If you want more evidence of his greatness, look at his tenure with the Knicks. Contrast that with their win-loss ratio.

He struggled to get back into the rotation because he got hurt and Draymond Green took his place.
Throwing out that he isn't good at defense is just one of those blanket statements of the uninformed.
Because the Knicks were bad with him there means absolutely nothing. This is a very weak argument.  With that logic, Kevin Garnett stunk because Minnesota stunk, Pierce stunk because the pre "Big Three" Celtics stunk.  Ray Allen must of been bad because Seattle and Milwaukee stunk. 

This theory make no sense.
D. Lee isn't those players but he is a walking double double.  A very solid player

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
He struggled to get back into the rotation because he got hurt and Draymond Green took his place.
Throwing out that he isn't good at defense is just one of those blanket statements of the uninformed.

No, it's not.  It's evidence that you understand that David Lee isn't good at defense. 

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.