Author Topic: It's hilarious how the fanbase has turned 180 and would "rather have" Wallace  (Read 25707 times)

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Yeah there's been a lot of negativity building and I'm not sure why. Maybe people's personal lives spilling over to their sports interests? I don't know.. it's annoying though. I think maybe some people aren't quite aware of their own negative bias sometimes. Oh well...

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Acquiring David Lee:

- Makes the team worse defensively, somehow
- Means a starting spot will probably be used on a 30+ guy with no future here
- Makes the team more likely to finish in the middle of the pack
- Means we have to watch David Lee for at least 20 minutes a night 75+ times

David Lee on the Celts is basically a redux of Kris Humphries, without any of the easy Kardashian jokes.

Debbie downer much? If Ainge managed to swap washed-up gerald wallace for a guy who's good enough to actually start for us, isn't that a win?

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah there's been a lot of negativity building and I'm not sure why. Maybe people's personal lives spilling over to their sports interests? I don't know.. it's annoying though. I think maybe some people aren't quite aware of their own negative bias sometimes. Oh well...

It's been a confusing off-season. 

The team failed to live up to any of the -- admittedly overblown -- hype heading into the draft, and has since added 6 players to the roster. 

The depth chart currently makes zero sense, and it appears that the team has decided that if they can't make moves to win 50+ games, they are content to stick around in the middle for another year and hope something changes on the trade or draft front.

We are the 2009-2012 Houston Rockets.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Acquiring David Lee:

David Lee on the Celts is basically a redux of Kris Humphries, without any of the easy Kardashian jokes.

It is what it is. Trades will determine the C's future.

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Acquiring David Lee:

Debbie downer much? If Ainge managed to swap washed-up gerald wallace for a guy who's good enough to actually start for us, isn't that a win?
I think the biggest thing is that having a veteran start for us for a year is completely worthless to the rebuild, and possibly detrimental. Now our two biggest moves this offseason were to get two of those, and teams once again know that we have to make a desperate attempt to trade them to get any value out of them.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Acquiring David Lee:

Evan Turner is good enough to start for us. Doesn't mean I have to be happy we have Evan Turner on the roster.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline ktw7

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

The team failed to live up to any of the -- admittedly overblown -- hype heading into the draft, and have since added 6 players to the roster. 

The depth chart currently makes zero sense, and it appears that the team has decided that if they can't make moves to win 50+ games, they are content to stick around in the middle for another year and hope something changes on the trade or draft front.

Umm....what hype going into the draft? We used our picks well, the price for trading up was way too high. We're one of the best positioned franchises in the league in terms of flexibility, assets, young players. This board can be really mindblowing. People whined about Amir too.

We get upgrades at forward where we borderline sucked.....and they're both 1 year deals. Increase competitiveness, veteran help, and no long-term commitment. Sounds perfect to me.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Acquiring David Lee:

Evan Turner is good enough to start for us. Doesn't mean I have to be happy we have Evan Turner on the roster.

You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I think the biggest thing is that having a veteran start for us for a year is completely worthless to the rebuild, and possibly detrimental. Now our two biggest moves this offseason were to get two of those, and teams once again know that we have to make a desperate attempt to trade them to get any value out of them.

Yuuup.

When EVERYBODY knows you are desperate to make some trades because your roster is a mess, you have very little leverage in trade discussions.

This same thing has happened to Daryl Morey a number of times.

Seriously, if it weren't for the Thunder getting the trade yips a few years ago, how good would Morey's strategy have looked?  Would he still be GM in Houston?  We appear to be replicating that plan.
- Mark Twain

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Acquiring David Lee:

Acquiring David Lee:

...No it doesn't...Lee is a good rebounder.
- Means a starting spot will probably be used on a 30+ guy with no future here.
...No it doesn't...CBS is a developing coach...It will be better competition for the young guys
- Makes the team more likely to finish in the middle of the pack.
Having Lee doesn't make them worse, it makes them deeper and gives them a better trading chip at the trading deadline. What's wrong with trying to win.
- Means we have to watch David Lee for at least 20 minutes a night 75+ times.
...David Lee is solid...You might want him to play more, plus CBS plays the match up.

Can't argue with you on this one...

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

The team failed to live up to any of the -- admittedly overblown -- hype heading into the draft, and has since added 6 players to the roster. 

Isn't that Ainge's goal? This example is kind of demonstrating the opposite of what you want it to do. You're drawing attention to one of the few times when a team treadmilled until it got a superstar via trade.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Acquiring David Lee:

** You act like he's replacing Drummond as the PF/C.  His rebounding and scoring will make up any defensive difference from Sully, Olynyk, etc. 

**Maybe if he plays well he will have a future here.  My guess is that the people who complain about his age would have been ok with bringing Pierce back. 

**It means that it makes the team better.  I don't have a problem with that.

**If he's scoring and rebounding, so what?  Again, you act like he's replacing a stud.  Why is watching Lee worse than Zeller?
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If you don't think Lee makes us worse defensively I would suggest you actually watch David Lee play basketball.  :)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Acquiring David Lee:

It also means that we are at the cap and don't have to give the $12.9 million trade exemption from Rondo.

It means we have David Lee, Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, Jordan Mickey and Jonas Jerebko at PF.

It means that we didn't learn that the 10th pick is valuable.

It means that we hopefully can bump the Nets from the playoffs.

I don't know, this trade is all over the place for me.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
If you don't think Lee makes us worse defensively I would suggest you actually watch David Lee play basketball.  :)

I can't, he hasn't come off the bench in years