Author Topic: 2 max players in 2016  (Read 1979 times)

Re: 2 max players in 2016
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 02:52:57 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Which superstar are we acquiring between now and next summer that will give one or more max level free agents a reason to sign here?

Based on Monroe signing with the Buicks, I don't think you necessarily need superstars or good weather to get quality free agents.  If the C's show they have a strong foundation, and a good coach and organization, they will come.

The Bucks had Jabari and Giannis.  Right or wrong, they're both perceived as future stars.

So I ask again: where is the Celts' equivalent coming from?

Are you asking me?  I have NO idea.
You don't think that Durant wants to play with Olynyk and Sully?!?!?  lol
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 03:35:08 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
If we could get Noah that might be enough to land a player of Durant's caliber. Either way, Noah is a great piece to build around for 2-4 years. Get a guy like Noah and draft well in '16 and '17 and we could be a contender.

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
Durant to Boston?  Had a better chance acquiring K Love.  How did that work out?  Its got to be thru trades and genuine luck in the draft.

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
We have our answer!  It's NBA All-Star David Lee!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
We couldn't get a MEETING with a max level player this year what makes you think next year will be anything different??

Don't say because we can get 2 because if we stretched Wallace we would have had enough for 2