Author Topic: Looks like the Magic drafted a solid player in Hezonja  (Read 2441 times)

Looks like the Magic drafted a solid player in Hezonja
« on: July 07, 2015, 09:09:18 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
You would have to think that a S&T with Harris is in their best interest if they want to develop this kid into a solid starter.. having Harris on the team will only impede his growth into the NBA.

http://mashable.com/2015/07/06/nba-summer-league-mario-hezonja/

Or better yet, maybe the C's should just try and trade for Hezonja  :P

Re: Looks like the Magic drafted a solid player in Hezonja
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 11:19:05 AM »

Offline kheldar52077

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
I want super mario!!!!  :o

Killer instinct
Can shoot anywhere
Instigator
Trash talker with european accent

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 11:25:06 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Magic will likely try Harris at the 4 with Hezonja at the 3.  Whether they move Harris at the deadline or sometime next year will depend on how quickly Aaron Gordon is developing, since he's probably the ideal fit between Hezonja and Vucevic in their frontcourt.

They might move Harris sooner rather than later, based on how dominant Aaron Gordon has looked in Summer League.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
What a fun to guy watch and read about. I hope he is actually coachable because he definitely has some talent. The NBA superstars are either boring or insufferable. This crazy guy could be a great balance of entertaining and competitive.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The Magic will likely try Harris at the 4 with Hezonja at the 3.  Whether they move Harris at the deadline or sometime next year will depend on how quickly Aaron Gordon is developing, since he's probably the ideal fit between Hezonja and Vucevic in their frontcourt.

They might move Harris sooner rather than later, based on how dominant Aaron Gordon has looked in Summer League.

Dominate Summer League

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Dominate Summer League

Yeah, it's just summer league. 

But Gordon looked 200% more raw a year ago than he does this year.  He's coming along nicely.  He has obviously learned how to leverage his superior quickness and athleticism against NBA athletes.  He's also clearly added strength and improved his jumper, which helps a lot.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 11:47:12 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They shouldnt trade any one. If Gordon and Mario progress this year next year just have Olidipo off the bench.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
They shouldnt trade any one. If Gordon and Mario progress this year next year just have Olidipo off the bench.

Why?  Oladipo is one of their best and most consistent players.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 12:46:53 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
orlando is one of the most talented team in the league: payton, gordon, oladipo, vucevic, harris and hezonja all have all star potential.

being from croatia and knowing hezonja for years, don't pay to much attention to his europa numbers playing for Barcelona, this kid is made for the nba, he will have a great carrer.

heard the other day someone call him CRO-BE(KOBE for those who didn't get it :D )
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Still, how many have looked good in summer league and not done so well against the NBA?  Quite a few.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 01:53:25 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Still, how many have looked good in summer league and not done so well against the NBA?  Quite a few.

So should we be concerned about James Young... he looked terrible in the summer league.

It sounds as though people assume the Magic are set to stand pat. I think moving Harris to the 4 is a mistake, guy's game is perfect for a 3, and I really dont think he can handle the defensive matchups against the other 4's in the NBA.
It just makes sense to me to move on from Harris, acquire a few assets and a true 4 that can step right in... AKA Sully, Bradley and a 1st rounder.

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 02:31:21 PM »

Offline CM0

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
orlando is one of the most talented team in the league: payton, gordon, oladipo, vucevic, harris and hezonja all have all star potential.

being from croatia and knowing hezonja for years, don't pay to much attention to his europa numbers playing for Barcelona, this kid is made for the nba, he will have a great carrer.

heard the other day someone call him CRO-BE(KOBE for those who didn't get it :D )

The sky is the limit if they can keep that team together. Not to sound crazy, but there's dynasty potential there. Gordon looks fantastic again today. The only question with him was whether or not he could improve his shot and I think he's surpassed all expectations.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:36:31 PM by CM0 »

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 03:06:00 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
So should we be concerned about James Young... he looked terrible in the summer league.

If you don't have some concerns about Young, then I suggest you get some glasses.   He is young but usually guys show a spark.