Author Topic: Rumor: Suns are attempting to move Markieff Moris  (Read 11078 times)

Rumor: Suns are attempting to move Markieff Moris
« on: July 07, 2015, 01:48:22 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/618129371119886341

"Hearing the Suns are trying to deal Markieff Morris, who has an affordable 8M/yr deal. He and Hornacek don't get along, plus Marcus is gone."

Jordan Schultz

Interesting, sounds like he may be more of a malcontent than I knew but he's durable, on a fair $8 Million contract and basically already is what we hope Sullinger can become albeit without the post game.

Having the good Morris twin could lead to interesting match ups with Detroit.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:23:53 AM by Smartacus »

Re: Rumor: Sun are attempting to move Markieff Moris
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:52:19 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I thought he and his brother were inseparable.  Don't they have matching tattoos and everything?   

I had to guess he would be upset with the Suns after they traded away his brother. 

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 01:53:22 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Potential trade target?

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 01:57:07 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
"I don't think we have a home-court advantage," Markieff said Saturday night. "It does not feel like a home-court advantage at all. Some games are going to be bad. You can't win every game. That comes along with sports. Nobody wins games. We need the support. We need, as a team, to know that our fans are going to be behind us and I don't feel like this year they're behind us enough."

Sounds like he's looking for a better crowd. I can think of one that cheered for the final minutes of an 8th seed getting swept in 4 games.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 02:14:44 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I thought he and his brother were inseparable.  Don't they have matching tattoos and everything?   

I had to guess he would be upset with the Suns after they traded away his brother.

Wait wait wait we were letting the NBA's ATL Twins rot away in Phoenix?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 02:17:34 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I'd be thrilled if we got him.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 02:17:34 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
A forward who averages 7.7 Rebounds Per 36 and 32% 3PT for his career?

Sounds like a guy who doesn't know if he's a SF or a PF...but who doesn't really excel at either.

Given our already highly desperate rebounding situation, replacing Sully with Moris doesn't sound like a fantastic idea to me :/

Re: Rumor: Suns are attempting to move Markieff Moris
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 02:33:40 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
These are the players you would think Danny would target. Is on a good contract throughout 2018. Is young and has even more potential to grow as a starter. Averaged 15 PPG and 6 RPG. Maybe we can send over some cheap assets for some more young talent??

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 02:34:40 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
A forward who averages 7.7 Rebounds Per 36 and 32% 3PT for his career?

Sounds like a guy who doesn't know if he's a SF or a PF...but who doesn't really excel at either.

Given our already highly desperate rebounding situation, replacing Sully with Moris doesn't sound like a fantastic idea to me :/

32% 3 point percentage is probably higher than his projections suggested he'd be capable of and definitely higher than Sulley's career 27%. Think you can live with 33% from your PF slot.

What solidifies the argument for me is the games played stat.

Jared Sullinger: 45, 74, 58
Markieff Moris: 63, 82, 81, 82

I don't think he's that much better than Sullinger but he'll be there when his number is called and that's enough for me to potentially pull the trigger(assuming that's the best return we could get for Sulley).

Edit: Markieff's efficiency went up as his minutes increased which can not be said for Sullinger.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:43:04 AM by Smartacus »

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 02:38:59 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
He's a very good player and is going to be around a long time in this league. Solid size... Good versatility. Average rebounder, above average defender, good hands and can score very well for a 21st century big man. Avery Bradley and Evan Turner gets the conversation started.

Terry Rozier         Isaiah Thomas
Marcus Smart     RJ Hunter
Jae Crowder        James Young
Markieff Morris   Jared Sullinger
Amir Johnson      Kelly Olynyk

Good depth and better distribution of talent. Easily could turn into a top 5 bench in the NBA.  We should have better floor spacing with James Young and hopefully RJ Hunter getting more minutes.  I'm all for throwing rookies into the fire and letting them get heavy minutes early. Starting Rozier isn't popular but I say start him and give him 24 minutes per night. This team could make the playoffs which I don't necessarily hope for but would be cool.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 02:48:02 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
http://arizonasports.com/41/1847868/Report-Suns-potentially-targeting-Ryan-Anderson-and-looking-to-deal-Markieff-Morris

Look's like they're targeting Ryan Anderson but it seems like he gets mentioned every year and never gets moved. Omer Asik for Anderson was the world's most obvious deal that never happened.

Might not be a bad fit for KO though if that's the rout we want to take.

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 03:02:08 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
They were trying to move him when they had their eye on Aldridge and needed to shed salary, now that they lost him to SA are they willing to give him away? I doubt it.

I am a huge fan of his game, i'd love him on the Celtics, I see him as having a huge upside.

If Phoenix were wing to take a 2016 first rounder (any one of them except the Nets pick) and a trade exemption i'd be all over it, or for Bradley works straight up as well (he's not a good fit though there with Bledsoe and Knight)

A possible huge red flag is his legal issues, it's no coincidence that they traded his brother Marcus earlier on in Free agency who was involved in the same incident, maybe they fear that this case could go to trial and they could lose him for a while.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:11:47 AM by Rida »

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 07:45:28 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
They were trying to move him when they had their eye on Aldridge and needed to shed salary, now that they lost him to SA are they willing to give him away? I doubt it.

I am a huge fan of his game, i'd love him on the Celtics, I see him as having a huge upside.

If Phoenix were wing to take a 2016 first rounder (any one of them except the Nets pick) and a trade exemption i'd be all over it, or for Bradley works straight up as well (he's not a good fit though there with Bledsoe and Knight)

A possible huge red flag is his legal issues, it's no coincidence that they traded his brother Marcus earlier on in Free agency who was involved in the same incident, maybe they fear that this case could go to trial and they could lose him for a while.

Yeah, agreed.  Morris is a good player, but considering he's yet another big man that doesn't protect the rim AND seems to have some pretty serious legal issues, I wouldn't give up much for him.  He isn't going to make us significantly better, and if that's the case I'd rather just play it safe and keep Bradley and our picks.  That said, if he's available on the cheap, or Phoenix would trade him for another big man so our rotation doesn't get more cluttered, I'd take him.

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 07:54:27 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Gerald Wallace's contract comes up sorta close to his

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 07:58:13 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

creepy