Author Topic: What can we get for Sully (Wallace if needed) and picks?  (Read 5280 times)

Re: What can we get for Sully (Wallace if needed) and picks?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I think there are trades the Celts could make with Sully, but not really ones I'd be excited to do.

Example --

Sully + Wallace to Minnesota for Pekovic.  You could throw in Turner and get Kevin Martin as well.

Anybody interested in doing that?  Me either.

Or:

Want to trade Sullinger and Wallace to Denver for Gallinari?

They might be interested in that.

How about Sullinger + Wallace for Nene?  I'll bet Washington goes for that.

Sullinger is a young guy with weight issues and a history of significant injuries.  You can package him with Wallace to get somebody that might make the Celtics better, but you'll probably get somebody older who has injury problems of their own.  Most likely you'd get somebody with a contract that goes beyond this year.

I think i'd be onboard for the Gallo trade ;D I think he fills a need on this team.

but i really would want the C's to just focus on development this year. Then if the wins come, then they come. But I don't want us necessarily trying to chase a playoff seed. I mean, another 6th overall pick next year wouldn't be so bad :)

- LilRip

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 11:15:13 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've more or less reached the point where I believe Sully is a Mo Speights / Carl Landry caliber player who has simply gotten more opportunities to carve out a larger role because he's been on a bad team.

He's a more talented version of Glen Davis.

Disappointing because in the first year or so that he was here, I hoped he might come closer to being a player like David West or Luis Scola. 
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I pretty much agree with you. Although I guess I never really rode the Sully hype train in the first place.

- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 11:22:45 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Heck, if we're gonna be a middling team this year anyway, why not go all out and try to be a solid playoff team?

Sullinger + Wallace for Nene + Blair

Bradley + Turner for Wilson Chandler + Randy Foye

Starting lineup:

Thomas, Smart, Chandler, Amir, Nene

Bench:

Foye, Crowder, Olynyk, Zeller, Jerebko, Rozier
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 01:24:20 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
I think there are trades the Celts could make with Sully, but not really ones I'd be excited to do.

Example --

Sully + Wallace to Minnesota for Pekovic.  You could throw in Turner and get Kevin Martin as well.

Anybody interested in doing that?  Me either.

Or:

Want to trade Sullinger and Wallace to Denver for Gallinari?

They might be interested in that.

How about Sullinger + Wallace for Nene?  I'll bet Washington goes for that.

Sullinger is a young guy with weight issues and a history of significant injuries.  You can package him with Wallace to get somebody that might make the Celtics better, but you'll probably get somebody older who has injury problems of their own.  Most likely you'd get somebody with a contract that goes beyond this year.

Sullinger + Wallace + 2015 Celtics 1st for Faried I'd do.  I don't want Gallinari to many injuries.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 01:30:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I kinda doubt Denver would give up Faried for Sullinger and a pick likely to end up in the middle of the 1st round.

I also don't really think Faried would be a good fit here, as much as I like him as a player.

I don't like the idea of giving up the Celts' own pick just on the off-chance they pull a 2014 Bucks and sink to the bottom despite a middle of the road roster.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Four used basketballs and some Powerade mix from before they changed the drink formula when it tasted kind of salty. Four balls may be pushing it, maybe two balls and a used towel is more appropriate.

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 01:53:19 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I've more or less reached the point where I believe Sully is a Mo Speights / Carl Landry caliber player who has simply gotten more opportunities to carve out a larger role because he's been on a bad team.

Disappointing because in the first year or so that he was here, I hoped he might come closer to being a player like David West or Luis Scola.

He still can be David West or Luis Scola.

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Four used basketballs and some Powerade mix from before they changed the drink formula when it tasted kind of salty. Four balls may be pushing it, maybe two balls and a used towel is more appropriate.

Sully is able to average a double double. Who else on this team can do that?

Let's not give him time to prove it but let's give these rookies time and 2nd year kid "Young" time.

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

Let's not give him time to prove it but let's give these rookies time and 2nd year kid "Young" time.

Why should we when we have Amir Johnson now?

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Yes because you should limit yourself to one rebounder.

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 02:09:39 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

Yes because you should limit yourself to one rebounder.

Trade Sullinger for another taller rebound who can atually protect the rim. Funny how people want fireworks but dont want to trade any prized assets. No sense having all of these PFs. Sully is expendable.

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 02:13:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

I think it's still in play, I just don't have a lot of confidence in that happening.  Certainly less than I did at one point.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 02:18:24 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
Heck, if we're gonna be a middling team this year anyway, why not go all out and try to be a solid playoff team?

Sullinger + Wallace for Nene + Blair

Bradley + Turner for Wilson Chandler + Randy Foye

Starting lineup:

Thomas, Smart, Chandler, Amir, Nene

Bench:

Foye, Crowder, Olynyk, Zeller, Jerebko, Rozier

Why would anyone want NeNe? He was horrendous in the playoffs. He is like a PF version of Roy hibbert, minus the defense.

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 02:38:15 PM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

I think it's still in play, I just don't have a lot of confidence in that happening.  Certainly less than I did at one point.

Well, Scola came to the league very late - 26? 27? years old and West was older as a rookie than Sully is now.

However, I get what you mean. His demeanor does not scream "hard worker".
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."