Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) vs Sixers (0-1) Jazz SL Game 2 7/7/15  (Read 37375 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) vs Sixers (0-1) Jazz SL Game 2 7/7/15
« Reply #225 on: July 07, 2015, 09:03:17 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Rozier has speed and athleticism. The things he couldn't do well can be coached and corrected.

Thornton is out of control and doesn't fit at all. Maybe in Maine or China.

Mickey is promising but not as a center. He could be a 3rd string 4.

Young played with cement shoes on defense and missed so many open shots. I think his first bucket was with a minute to go in the 3rd. His points are transparent. Free throws and even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while. I say give him a one-way ticket to Maine tonight.

CJ Fair was okay and possibly had the best game of all of them but I am not a fan.

RJ Hunter was pretty invisible. I see he has some good instincts but too many holes in his game. Still without a field goal I think and it seems like he is passing up shots now.

Keep trading Danny we need more help for the few rookies that we will cultivate.

« Reply #226 on: July 07, 2015, 09:06:04 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Is RJ Hunter just not shooting or is he just not getting the ball? I don't understand how our hypothetical shooter isn't even getting shots. Either our offense is a terrible fit for off ball jump shooters or they are avoiding RJ. Every time he was on the court it seemed that they didn't get him the ball. Can someone explain to me what happened today?

« Reply #227 on: July 07, 2015, 09:07:31 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Is RJ Hunter just not shooting or is he just not getting the ball? I don't understand how our hypothetical shooter isn't even getting shots. Either our offense is a terrible fit for off ball jump shooters or they are avoiding RJ. Every time he was on the court it seemed that they didn't get him the ball. Can someone explain to me what happened today?

He had some opportunities but he is passing up the shot. Maybe lack of confidence. If he won't take the shot then they obviously pass the ball to someone else who will like Fair, Thornton.

« Reply #228 on: July 07, 2015, 09:08:44 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
  Rozier is showing the most promise.  He's definitely earning his minutes. Dude plays out there like he belongs.

« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
Rozier has speed and athleticism. The things he couldn't do well can be coached and corrected.

Thornton is out of control and doesn't fit at all. Maybe in Maine or China.

Mickey is promising but not as a center. He could be a 3rd string 4.

Young played with cement shoes on defense and missed so many open shots. I think his first bucket was with a minute to go in the 3rd. His points are transparent. Free throws and even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while. I say give him a one-way ticket to Maine tonight.

CJ Fair was okay and possibly had the best game of all of them but I am not a fan.

RJ Hunter was pretty invisible. I see he has some good instincts but too many holes in his game. Still without a field goal I think and it seems like he is passing up shots now.

Keep trading Danny we need more help for the few rookies that we will cultivate.

I thought Thornton played well and was willing to take shots, didn't make many, but didn't let it affect him. He moved the ball and got into good situations.

I think Hunter is lost. He looks like Olynik in terms of passing up shots. If shooting is his game then he needs to get a little bit of Thornton in him and start shooting.

Rozier needs good guys on his team to be able to show what he can do. He's dead ending the ball too much and needs to work on his shot.

Young thinks all he's there for is to shoot. Looks unwilling to get involved and do anything else. He needs a lot of work.

I like Mickey but more last night then tonight. I think he'll get it though.

We have the wrong Holmes on our squad.....i like the hustle and toughness of Bowling Green Holmes more than Texas Holmes.

Just my thoughts...

« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2015, 09:28:40 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I thought Mickey would have done better at center than he has. Disappointed in that. Definitely a PF who needs to play alongside a 2nd big man. That limits his opportunities for playing time next season.

I wonder if he'll make the roster. 6 established rotation caliber bigs ahead of him. Zeller, Amir, D.Lee, Sully, Olynyk, Jerebko. If he is a one position player, a PF only, where does Mickey fit in? If he makes the roster, does he make it past January?

And ... don't get me wrong. I like Mickey. I think with hard work, he could be a very good role player in 2-3 years. I just wonder whether this Boston team will have the patience for that.
Too many good bigs ahead of him, even with a trade moving one.  Like his offensive handle so far but needs to box out and get much stronger

« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2015, 09:34:09 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I've seen better games in the basketball court 2 blocks away from my apt in Brooklyn....

LOL

That's funny ...

This was some of the worst Summer ball ever .......least for Celtics

I was not impressed with Oak either .........

These guys all make KO look like Larry Bird ......when KO was in summer  league

« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2015, 09:36:34 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I thought Thornton is terrible , is is small,  can't hit a shot ......he is below scrub

« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
after watching this team without Smart tonight, is there anyone here that looks at anyone out there that thinks "man, we've got a keeper?"

« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2015, 09:39:15 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
after watching this team without Smart tonight, is there anyone here that looks at anyone out there that thinks "man, we've got a keeper?"

I think Rozier has speed and athleticism and what he is not doing well can be coached and corrected so yes- Rozier.

« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2015, 09:39:15 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Terry Rozier
Pick # 16
8 Points
2 Assists
1 Rebound
2 Steals
0 Blocks
2 Turnovers
3-6 FG
2-3 FT
18 minutes

Jahlil Okafor
Pick #3
9 Points
7 Rebounds
0 Assists
1 steal
0 blocks
3 Turnovers
3-10 FG
3-6 FT
23 Minutes

Pretty hard to argue that Okafor has played any better overall tonight than Rozier has - if I'm a Sixers fan, I've got to be pretty dissapointed right now.

True, but Okafor was impressive in his 1st game.  18 points 10 rebounds. 

I think we all agree it isn't best to overreact to one summer league game.  But with Young it just feels like a lack of effort / hustle / desire to make something happen.

Okafor was 9/21 in his first game. 5/12 tonight. He had an awful first half yesterday.  I have been expecting more given the lack of competition.

« Reply #236 on: July 07, 2015, 09:40:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
SL basketball is only as good as your guard play and the Celtics guard play sucked.

Not enough penetration in the halfcourt. Not enough incisive passing. Played safe sideways passes far too often. Allowed to defense to stay comfortable and in position between ball and basket.

« Reply #237 on: July 07, 2015, 09:44:28 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
These are the top picks , best of the best of all college players

Kinda depressing

« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2015, 10:07:20 PM »

Offline popcontest

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 34
Didn't watch the game; but I just checked the box score. Boy, is that a depressing box score.

« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2015, 10:07:52 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Yes it was an ugly game.  I hope the rest of our summer league games are at least more watchable.  If they are all like this, I am not sure that I can sit through all of them.

Well, at least it is just summer league....whatever that means.