Author Topic: Mo Williams agrees to two-year, $4.3M deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers  (Read 2560 times)

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Good signing.  The Cavs have had a great offseason.  I can't wait to see them at full strength next season.

Oh, I see.

Boston retains it's players and adds Amir Johnson - it's a horrible offseason.

Cleveland retains it's players and adds Mo Williams - it's a great offseason.

Technically Cleveland don't even had Tristan thompson OR Lebron signed up yet. I would love it soooooooooooo much if Cleveland refused to give Thompson what he wanted and Lebron left in and went to another team - it won't happen, but OH MAN would I love it.

This ongoing theme of "you unrealistically value other players/teams more than ours" is getting really old, really fast. They retained arguably the best player in FA that was not at all a guarantee to resign (Love), they added Mo to make up for their biggest deficiency (backup PG), LBJ and TT are obviously staying, and they're reportedly working something out re: a Haywood/Varejao-JJ flip or a resigning of JR. You have to take into account their ceiling when judging their offseason. They've guaranteed Finals appearances for several years to come. Only the Spurs did better.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:39:21 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC