Author Topic: Mo Williams agrees to two-year, $4.3M deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers  (Read 2550 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Free agent guard Mo Williams has reached agreement with the Cavaliers, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Mo Williams agreed to a two-year, $4.3M deal with Cleveland, including a player option, league sources tell Yahoo.

Re: Mo Williams agrees to a deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:40:20 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Thats too bad...

I thought we might have a nice package for Love that would include Sully (Ohio native) IT, or Bradley. 

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Mo Williams reunite with LeBron James, who also has Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love by his side.

This is the 2009-2010 + 2014-2015 Cavs all over again, ooooooh mang.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Good signing. Mo Williams always played well with LeBron.

Kyrie Irving. Mo Williams. Matty Delladova. Deep rotation at PG. Can go with the defense of Delladova or the scoring punch of Mo Williams. Or play them both together. Delladova is big enough to play SG minutes.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Cavs trying to BUY a Championship....still won't work...Jerks.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Good signing.  The Cavs have had a great offseason.  I can't wait to see them at full strength next season.

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
LeBron and Friends are set to dominate the East for the next few seasons. Deep and talented.

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Cavs trying to BUY a Championship....still won't work...Jerks.

Geez..I'd love the opportunity to buy a title..

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
You know, the Cavs could sign Carlos Boozer to be their 4th big, which would not only make them deeper, but would also bring the Cavs nostalgia full circle.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You know, the Cavs could sign Carlos Boozer to be their 4th big, which would not only make them deeper, but would also bring the Cavs nostalgia full circle.

Big Z and Mark Price could offer more than Perk and Joe Harris.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
LeBron and Friends are set to dominate the East for the next few seasons. Deep and talented.

They had better hope they have enough talent to do that, because they don't have much in the way of prospects/upside (bar Irving) and they are now cap committed Brooklyn Nets style for about the next 5 years. 

Plus before they can do anything they need to get Tristan Thompson officially signed, because...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/7/4/8894471/lebron-james-nba-free-agency-cleveland-cavaliers-tristan-thompson

Haha Lebron doing Lebron things as always

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Good signing.  The Cavs have had a great offseason.  I can't wait to see them at full strength next season.

Oh, I see.

Boston retains it's players and adds Amir Johnson - it's a horrible offseason.

Cleveland retains it's players and adds Mo Williams - it's a great offseason.

Technically Cleveland don't even had Tristan thompson OR Lebron signed up yet. I would love it soooooooooooo much if Cleveland refused to give Thompson what he wanted and Lebron left in and went to another team - it won't happen, but OH MAN would I love it.

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Well...we retained Jerebko and Crowder....and they retained Love, Shumpert, and most likely LeBron and Thompson.

Seems to be a slight difference in talent there (ha)....then add MO williams who is as good as anybody we have as a shooter.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Oh, I see.

Boston retains it's players and adds Amir Johnson - it's a horrible offseason.

Cleveland retains it's players and adds Mo Williams - it's a great offseason.

Technically Cleveland don't even had Tristan thompson OR Lebron signed up yet. I would love it soooooooooooo much if Cleveland refused to give Thompson what he wanted and Lebron left in and went to another team - it won't happen, but OH MAN would I love it.

The only problem with your logic is that team swept us in 4 without Love or Irving. They played in the NBA Championship and had they had Love & Irving would have won. Why would you change what isn't broken? Mo Williams unfortunately is a really good signing for them.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I guess the question is how long can LeBron play without a major injury .

Every year the odds and age stack up more on him.

Cavs have a super team without him

But they can't win a title without him

And I still think LeBron HAS to step up and play hard a ALL year and get home court ......or they won't beat the Spurs.