Author Topic: David West to Spurs  (Read 11110 times)

Re: David West to Spurs
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Spurs remind me of that old city league team that plays the athletic, trash talking, young guys and runs them off the floor with fundamentals and experience.

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 06:14:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Not gonna lie. Is it wrong if I start to dislike the Spurs? I respect them but I kind of hope they lose now. That team is stacked.

It is all personal preference. The argument can be made that these players are choosing to play with the Spurs because of the culture and system they have built over the years. They manage guys minutes, they move the ball around, they have immense respect for each other and the coach and they are all making sacrifices together. Guys like Duncan and West could literally be making 10 million dollars more in difference places this off-season. I think it is kind of cool that players are willing do that because they like a specific group of teammates and coach.

I think some could counter that the Heat's big 3 made financial sacrifices, but in the grand scheme of things I think they mostly took something like 2 million dollars less each which they all made up for through promotions and being part of the big-3. David West is never making up for that money he left on the table.

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
The players union cant be happy with West right now. He's not that old.

Eh... He'll be 35 when the new season starts, he's already had a significant knee injury in his career and missed a nice amount of games last year. His window isn't all that open.
But he wont have to play that many minutes and he will get a "few injuries" during the season to take time off to be ready for the playoffs
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2015, 06:16:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I guess Cady Lalanne becomes and draft and stash for the Spurs

but it's Cady Lalanne! 7'5 wingspan, 9'2 reach. you can't

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2015, 06:39:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Cleveland has spent OUT .......LOL.   ....still have been OUT recruited..... ;D

To even this they need Westbrook or Hardin or Durant or Howard .......too bad Cleveland .....it an't happening ... ;D

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Eh... He'll be 35 when the new season starts, he's already had a significant knee injury in his career and missed a nice amount of games last year. His window isn't all that open.
But he wont have to play that many minutes and he will get a "few injuries" during the season to take time off to be ready for the playoffs
Spurs fans are pumped. The West is going to be a war. Looking forward to next season for sure. I am glad West did this. I bet they give him money next year for his sacrifice.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2015, 05:00:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
West has had championship-contender aspirations for a while now.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Spurs fans are pumped. The West is going to be a war. Looking forward to next season for sure. I am glad West did this. I bet they give him money next year for his sacrifice.

so competitive Dallas will have trouble getting to the playoffs

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2015, 05:14:47 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
On an unrelated note to the Spurs, I remember how tantalizingly close we were to convincing him to come here in the summer of 2011.  With him, we might have had a shot at bringing home another banner with the Big Three.