Author Topic: Pretty Easy to See: Avery Bradley is the Odd man out  (Read 8034 times)

Re: Pretty Easy to See: Avery Bradley is the Odd man out
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

[/quote]He got offers centered around a late 1st rounder and an expiring contract (It wasn't reported who made that offer but I'd bet it was Cleveland offering #24 and the Haywood contract).

If I was Ainge, I wouldn't take that either. Bradley is worth more than that.
[/quote]

If that was in fact the offer I agree with you, i'd say Bradley is worth more not to mention I despise helping any team Lebron is on.

I think his best value would be packaged with picks and/or another player like Sullinger.

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 03:24:32 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I haven't seen any change in Bradley's defense.  Still 110% effort, great foot speed, and mental lapses.  The characteristic AB play is one where he hawks his guy for 18 seconds, then turns his head at the worst possible moment and gets burned.  If he had Smart's instincts, he'd be All-NBA (as Smart will).

That said, you're paying the guy 8M.  He morphed into a very good mid-range shooter.  He's a model citizen and the team philosophy is based on defense, hustle, and depth.  Seems like a good fit to me.  You can pay Reggie Jackson 16m/year, or you can have AB and Crowder for less money. 

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 03:29:22 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
I don't see how it makes any sense to move Bradley, unless you're working the "We want to get worse" angle.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 03:37:59 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I think Sully will be the odd man out.   He was shopped around this summer.   I think Ainge will try to swing AB and Sully into a viable piece.  We need a star but who would deal us one?

But Ainge likes AB too.   AB can play on both ends of the court.

I tend to agree I think Sully will play up for his new contract this season and DA will be forced to move him out of fear of paying him and he settles back to his old habits. I would not be shocked to see Sully average 18pt 9rb and get traded at the mid season point along with AB or Turner  and a pick if the right player is available.  Who that right player could be? Its tough to guess.

Maybe Favors if UTAH wants a more versatile offensive player at the 4 and they like AB next to Exum?

Maybe 76ers if they want to shake up the Okafor/Noel/Embiid mess?

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 03:38:24 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Bradley is indeed the odd man out, especially since he played poorly in the playoffs, but I fear that Danny won't trade him unless we offer him Anthony Davis in return.

There have been multiple reports - that we learn of after the trade deadline - of some offers for Bradley that Ainge turned down because he "loves and highly values Bradley" .

He got offers centered around a late 1st rounder and an expiring contract (It wasn't reported who made that offer but I'd bet it was Cleveland offering #24 and the Haywood contract).

Thanks for the correction, I remembered a much better offer but you're right, Ainge was right to turn it down.

Still, I fear that he might hesitate too long or refuse to pull the trigger on a decent deal for Bradley while he wouldn't hesitate for the same offer if the team was asking for another player.

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 03:42:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think moving Bradley for a 1st and cap space, and Turner for substantially nothing, is worth it now since it would free up playing time for Rozier / Smart / Young / Hunter.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 03:54:25 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
Wouldn't mind trading Bradley + 1st for a quality big man. Would free up PT for Rozier/Hunter/Young, whichever is developing the best.

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 04:49:18 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Bradley is indeed the odd man out, especially since he played poorly in the playoffs, but I fear that Danny won't trade him unless we offer him Anthony Davis in return.

There have been multiple reports - that we learn of after the trade deadline - of some offers for Bradley that Ainge turned down because he "loves and highly values Bradley" .

He got offers centered around a late 1st rounder and an expiring contract (It wasn't reported who made that offer but I'd bet it was Cleveland offering #24 and the Haywood contract).

Thanks for the correction, I remembered a much better offer but you're right, Ainge was right to turn it down.

Still, I fear that he might hesitate too long or refuse to pull the trigger on a decent deal for Bradley while he wouldn't hesitate for the same offer if the team was asking for another player.

I think that's fair. Bradley has long been known to be an Ainge favorite.

But this is the guy who traded Antoine Walker twice, and he shipped Paul Pierce and KG out for a but load of future draft picks. If the right deal comes along, I'm sure he's do it.

But what's the right deal? I think packaging him with Sully is a viable option. Especially if Sullinger shoes up in shape. Maybe Utah will move Favors for them? I'd consider that. Or what of OKC is willing to make such a deal for Steven Adams ? I'd probably consider that too.

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 04:54:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I don't see how it makes any sense to move Bradley, unless you're working the "We want to get worse" angle.

Developing young players.

If that makes the team worse, well, that's probably not a bad thing.

Also: Bradley is a poor ball-handler and skews heavily toward mid-range, two key characteristics that make him a less than ideal fit for what Stevens is trying to do here.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 05:04:52 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

Also: Bradley is a poor ball-handler and skews heavily toward mid-range, two key characteristics that make him a less than ideal fit for what Stevens is trying to do here.

Bradley's an Ainge guy, and his number is reasonable.  I'm all for making the team worse in the short term, but I'm not sure if this is a move Ainge wants to make.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 05:07:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Bradley's an Ainge guy, and his number is reasonable.  I'm all for making the team worse in the short term, but I'm not sure if this is a move Ainge wants to make.

Yeah, based on those two things alone, Ainge will probably keep him, player development be danged, because he's loathe to trade a guy unless and until he feels like he's getting a great value in return.

See: Bass, Brandon; Green, Jeff
- Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 05:08:29 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Yes, I would tend to agree...IF...Rozier pans out to the Celtics' expectation.

But we shan't count our chickens before they're hatched, shan't we??

We shan'ten't.  ;D

I think I just shart'ed.

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 05:10:44 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
yes i am suggesting there will be a trade soon. Bradley is a great piece. But Watch what Rozier does tonight, and then notice that its what Bradley does and more already.

I think the pick was more than anything a sign that Bradley has peaked and we will be trying to trade and get something back in return.

Rozier has the Potential of Wade, and that is who he models his game after.

Hes going to surprise, and this is coming from a guy who didnt like the pick at all to start.
We got someone with the potential of a future hall of famer at #16? Ok. Lol.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 07:29:53 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I don't think the draft picks reflect a desire to offload/trade AB. DA took what he considered to be the best players available. We have to see more to know what will happen with the roster. Right now AB is a proven, if limited, performer who seems to be more appreciated by those around the team than some fans.

In terms of the 'odd man out', if DA didn't listen to offers last season I am not sure he will be earmarking AB for a trade now. The 'odd man out' could be the asset somebody else desires, especially with a well stocked roster.

AB may have shown all he has and could be a valuable asset in the right trade. Like all players he is expendable in the right circumstance, just not sure there is a sense of him being seen more as a trade asset than a part of the team for next season.

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2015, 08:03:20 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
For me Bradley isn't a bad piece to have around because he's a good piece to throw into a trade for a star and we can also liquidate him for assets easily. My problem is putting the right player alongside him so we can be successful. The combination of Smart and Bradley is good defensively, but offensively it's a disaster. Neither can create their own offense, both aren't particularly good 3 point shooters, and neither are good at getting to the rim. So that would explain why our starting group we had was the worst offense statistically in the league. I think only out of the brilliance of Brad Stevens did we have a below mediocre offense. By adding Turner to the starting lineup he gave us a player that could create offense for the starting unit, but the downfall was that everyone in the starting lineup was either below sub-par or sub-par 3 point shooters which was terrible for spacing.